Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Dec. issue PHR - "New Camaro" may be called "Chevelle"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 06:02 PM

Re: Dec. issue PHR - "New Camaro" may be called "Chevelle"?

ohh, come on.. people here e-mail GM about a Camaro, we have savefbody sites, people at GM come in here and know, that all of us want a new Camaro, we even "played" what the Camaro should have, what we didn't like about our Camaros..we have look at almost all that we could, hidden pic, new plataforms, plants, all of it.. and still it looks like the Camaro won't come back or it will take longer, GM knew that they will kill the Camaro 5 years or more ago, and it look like we will have to wait until 2008 or more, since the date that GM decided to kill the Camaro and the date that the car can be back it will be almos 10 years.. please.

sorry about my english..

Last edited by luis nunez; 11-01-2004 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by luis nunez
ohh, come on.. people here e-mail GM about a Camaro, we have savefbody sites, people at GM come in here and know
Your English is just fine.

And you have a very good point...but since GM does come in here...what do you think they see more of?

For example...if they were to see this thread (which they probably will), what will they get out of it? Will they see a bunch of people outraged about the potential name change? Or will they see people bickering back and forth about things that are not even fact?

My point is...if it is worth changing, we need to stay focused and clear on our desires.

Again, you do have a very good point, though.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD

And you have a very good point...but since GM does come in here...what do you think they see more of?

For example...if they were to see this thread (which they probably will), what will they get out of it? Will they see a bunch of people outraged about the potential name change? Or will they see people bickering back and forth about things that are not even fact?

My point is...if it is worth changing, we need to stay focused and clear on our desires.

GM you listening?

Build a car that is a Camaro and call it a CAMARO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 08:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by stars1010
GM you listening?

That's the spirit!

Now, if you ahven't already, go here and follow the instructions and say the same thing...
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234585

Old 11-01-2004, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010
GM you listening?

You've got it! It NEEDS to be a Camaro.....not just any 'ole coupe. And it needs to be called Camaro.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:09 PM

Damn. I'd be pissed if I "kept the faith" for several years, led on by rumors only to have GM spring a big, RWD "Chevelle" on me.

I ran out of faith sometime late in the spring of 2001. Well mostly. I still have my GM card, but that's about it.

Note to GM:

There are only two cars you can make that I would buy from you:

1) Camaro
2) Corvette

Oh, and I can't afford a Corvette.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD

I understad you Jason, but the thing that I don't understand is that sometimes it looks like "We" the enthusiast are the blame for not having a new Camaro because we didn't do enought...

GM, my 2 LT1's are getting really old!!
Old 11-01-2004, 09:28 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by luis nunez
I understad you Jason, but the thing that I don't understand is that sometimes it looks like "We" the enthusiast are the blame for not having a new Camaro because we didn't do enought...
Another very good point. I just think that if energy is going to be spent, it should be spent to solve a problem. Maybe easier said than done.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:36 PM

I think this is just another "the sky is falling" Im sure we have seen or read this news before. I am not worried. People will belive anything.

How can you have a news article on a Camaro not happening, when there is no Camaro to do so? I think we ae all getting a little crazy gents. Calling GM names and the like for something that no one has any clue....well some.

Relax, pop an advil and watch a little TV...
Old 11-02-2004, 01:03 AM

Thank you Jason for that link to the thread. I sent GM a message saying I would buy a Camaro if they made one worthy of the name, and that I'm gonna need a new car when i get out of school, lol.

We should all send one, couldn't hurt. Right?
Old 11-02-2004, 01:50 AM

I still think PacerX has had the best idea to help save the Camaro name by far. We get a group of a few hundred Fbodies together to stall up traffic in Downtown Detroit, we don't move until we're gauranteed a new Camaro
Old 11-02-2004, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Meccadeth
I still think PacerX has had the best idea to help save the Camaro name by far. We get a group of a few hundred Fbodies together to stall up traffic in Downtown Detroit, we don't move until we're gauranteed a new Camaro
Everything else that has been tried has worked SOOO well so far.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:08 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
I think this is just another "the sky is falling" Im sure we have seen or read this news before. I am not worried. People will belive anything.
No, this is a legitimate issue.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:16 AM

As much as I want a new Camaro over a new Chevelle (1000000000x more), a Zeta based Chevelle makes sense. Why would any Chevelle owner get mad as long as it's rwd and comes with a V8 somewhere? Heck, they could make a wagon version as noted above, a 4 door, 2 door, it'd be a natural replacement for the Monte. Chevelle was a pretty all-over-the-place car with base models, Malibus, wagons, SS...

That being said, I also cant see why a RWD Tornada based Camaro couldnt co-exist. It'll be a beast of a different nature if given the above senario. It'd be an all out pony car vs the Chevelle's family-oriented with performance potential. I'd assume that not one lost Chevelle sale would be because of a Camaro sale, esp if they're running a Chevelle body in NASCAR.

And then that being said, I graduate college in 5 months and will have discressionary income very soon thereafter. I want to spend it on a 07 Camaro.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:55 AM

JasonD,

Thanks for the link. I just submitted my "vote"

Quick Reply: Dec. issue PHR - "New Camaro" may be called "Chevelle"?