Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

The LT1 is a torque monster compared to the weak a** 4.6.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 12:00 AM

Re: The LT1 is a torque monster compared to the weak a** 4.6.

Am I saying the engine(ls1)killed the camaro?no.I think not.I said ls1 sales as in the ls1 camaro as a whole(not just the engine)killed the camaro.Bill Cosby,your hopeless.lol.lol.lol.What a nincompoop,he wont listen.Were going to need an arbitrator to settle this dispute.

Last edited by lovescamaros25; 08-28-2004 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:45 AM

Thumbs down Re: The LT1 is a torque monster compared to the weak a** 4.6.

Originally Posted by lovescamaros25
Am I saying the engine(ls1)killed the camaro?no.I think not.I said ls1 sales as in the ls1 camaro as a whole(not just the engine)killed the camaro.Bill Cosby,your hopeless.lol.lol.lol.What a nincompoop,he wont listen.Were going to need an arbitrator to settle this dispute.
Are you really that f*cking stupid? Stupid enough to now, after three pages, completely validate what Cosby has said from the beginning.
Exactly what you said was the LS1 engine killed the F-body, a point which was disputed. Now you're backtracking, while trying to save face, and stating the car itself was responsible for its own demise.
Maybe you should just STFU until you can compose your thoughts effectively enough to make sense. (and that word isn't spelled with a "c").
S.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:50 AM

What a couple of babbling, moronic buffoons...and I'm not talking about Cosby.
SteveY, you've obviously got a problem with just about everybody. Yesterday you were playing internet badass and threatening to knock somebody's teeth out...from 2000 miles away in Nevada. You then switched off to the thread where you got into a flame-fest with 97bowtie. Today, you're playing expert on horsepower and torque with an NMRA class winner and record holder. When Cosby backs you into a corner, you resort to chickensh*t insults like a little b*tch. In six years on this forum, I'd say you're about the biggest @sshole I've seen here. How about going to the Mustang boards and spreading your wealth of knowledge to the less fortunate with your still-untimed GT on DR's with penny-ante mods?
You know, I've wondered why people on this forum have flamed you so passionately. Now I know...it's because you're a jerk.
And BTW...some of your arguments are so pathetic and ridiculous, I'm actually surprised Cosby even wasted his time engaging in them.
And stop being a ***** and post some times for that POS in your sig. It'll be an embarrassing moment for you, but you'll get over it.
S.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Ah yes, it twas inevitable. When you have no leg to stand on, this is what results. Very good. Very very good.
Whatever. It doesn't matter what I say you can't comprehend it anyway. I could type kadjfkdjsklfjasdkl;jfasdjdfjsda or something coherent it's all the same to you.

Pssst. I disagree. You can believe what you wish. I'm sure you're talking from vast drag strip experience anyways. Or perhaps you magazine race? Wanna go there? Got 12.89? Oops....4 tenths worse....got 13.29 for the quickest bone stock LT1 - documented?
Best mag time for a stock LT1 was 13.4. I said AVERAGE TIMES BY AVERAGE DRIVERS. I was also talking about the LT1 vs. the pre '01 LS1s.

LOL. Don't try to race one past a 5 mph roll if the LT1 (or LS1) driver knows what he/she is doing. I'm sure the reasoning is lost on you. Sorry.
No, I understand your dumbass approach of slipping the clutch on your Cobra everywhere you go. I'm sure you really get clutches to last a long time. It doesn't look like you are too good at it though, by your poor bone stock 60' times on your Cobra page.

And here we have feigned sympathy from Beavis! Wow, what a night!
Yes, I have very much enjoyed your drunken ramblings.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Y
Best mag time for a stock LT1 was 13.4. I said AVERAGE TIMES BY AVERAGE DRIVERS. I was also talking about the LT1 vs. the pre '01 LS1s.
Pre-'01 cars...where, exactly, did you make that delineation? Answer...nowhere. Nice job trying to qualify your statement to avoid looking like a horse's @ss. A'las, it's too late!

No, I understand your dumbass approach of slipping the clutch on your Cobra everywhere you go. I'm sure you really get clutches to last a long time. It doesn't look like you are too good at it though, by your poor bone stock 60' times on your Cobra page.
Just curious...what are your short times? And have you ever made a pass in a Cobra...probably not, as you usually buy used GT's. I'd submit that you STFU until you stop being a p*ssy and posting some times from your blazing fast DR-shod GT. BTW...I've cut a 1.93 in the Cobra. Went 1.70's on a 17" DR in the GT (something you'll never do) and hit 1.71's on 235/60's in my Buick.

You're quite the internet-racer, aren't you? Unfortunately, you're only impressing the 17-year old kids.
S.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Snorman
What a couple of babbling, moronic buffoons...and I'm not talking about Cosby.
SteveY, you've obviously got a problem with just about everybody. Yesterday you were playing internet badass and threatening to knock somebody's teeth out...from 2000 miles away in Nevada. You then switched off to the thread where you got into a flame-fest with 97bowtie. Today, you're playing expert on horsepower and torque with an NMRA class winner and record holder. When Cosby backs you into a corner, you resort to chickensh*t insults like a little b*tch. In six years on this forum, I'd say you're about the biggest @sshole I've seen here. How about going to the Mustang boards and spreading your wealth of knowledge to the less fortunate with your still-untimed GT on DR's with penny-ante mods?
You know, I've wondered why people on this forum have flamed you so passionately. Now I know...it's because you're a jerk.
And BTW...some of your arguments are so pathetic and ridiculous, I'm actually surprised Cosby even wasted his time engaging in them.
And stop being a ***** and post some times for that POS in your sig. It'll be an embarrassing moment for you, but you'll get over it.
S.
Yep, I hate everybody here. You got me figured out. Just because I don't roll over with bs, etc. He said F.. to me. I told him what people do when people say that. I never said I would knock his teeth out you idiot. I merely told him to come say it to my face. 97Bowtie and I agree on a lot and disagree on a few things. All I said was that the LT1 had more torque till 3000 rpm and was more fun to drive around town because of it. It was an opinion. Now I can't have an opinion? You've always been a big a**hole since I got here. Nothing has changed. I have not run the car with these mods yet. I'll post times when I do. Just because you waste more money on your cars doesn't make you superior. It makes you a wreckless moron with money. Ever heard of investing for the future? If my car is a POS, so are your two Mustangs, idiot. They have the same underpinnnings and same sheetmetal on one. I know, because you bent over and paid too much for your Cobra and got 130 more horses than me, you are cool, right?
Old 08-28-2004, 01:15 AM

Pre-'01 cars...where, exactly, did you make that delineation? Answer...nowhere. Nice job trying to qualify your statement to avoid looking like a horse's @ss. A'las, it's too late!
Answer, the dragstrip. Ever been there?

Just curious...what are your short times? And have you ever made a pass in a Cobra...probably not, as you usually buy used GT's. I'd submit that you STFU until you stop being a p*ssy and posting some times from your blazing fast DR-shod GT. BTW...I've cut a 1.93 in the Cobra. Went 1.70's on a 17" DR in the GT (something you'll never do) and hit 1.71's on 235/60's in my Buick.

You're quite the internet-racer, aren't you? Unfortunately, you're only impressing the 17-year old kids.
S.
I could buy a brand new Viper with cash if I wanted to. I like GTs. Did I ever say I was the best short time cutter? No. I just said for all of Bobs bs he sure doesn't slip his clutch very well. You want a brownie button for your short times? I'm not impressing you, darn. It was my goal to impress middle aged cocky jerks.

Last edited by Steve Y; 08-28-2004 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:21 AM

Snorman, I am going to bed, now. I will deal with your dumbass in the morning.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:49 AM

Whoa, seems I've missed alot in the 8 months I stopped posting! We now have Bob Cosby on here acting like he knows more than everybody else just because he races in a different class, poor Steve is still sticking to his guns. What the heck happened to 'ol Sergio? That guy was a riot!
Flame me all you want but my LT1 never lost to an LS1 in the 1/8th and alot of that is from bottom end torque. (Nitto DR's help too) I had bad problems with my launch because of the LT1 bottom end. All I can say is that the LT1 has a better bottom end TQ curve than the LS1, look at the cam profiles stock for stock, that kinda says alot. Yes I also know they're two different machines.
Steve when am I going to see you run that Stang in Sac so you can get some times? I'll run ya in the '73 for sh*ts and grins. Maybe I'll have the LS1 in by then!
Old 08-28-2004, 01:51 AM

Won't be much of a contest if you keep the peg leg rearend.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:59 AM

Maybe I"ll have to do the 'ol Lincoln locker! It'll fall into tune with the primer and huge chunks of bondo I keep finding. All I can say is that it's free and I have a free LS1 and T6 that may go into it. The only reason I kept the car is because I don't have to smog it and I can do what I want with the LS1. It was supposed to go in a Nova 2.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:13 AM

Hello little girls (metamorphically speaking, of course). Let's have some more fun, shall we?

Whatever. It doesn't matter what I say you can't comprehend it anyway. I could type kadjfkdjsklfjasdkl;jfasdjdfjsda or something coherent it's all the same to you.
Hmmm...no, I don't think that's the problem. I think I understand pretty much everything you say. The problem is much of it is wrong.

Best mag time for a stock LT1 was 13.4.
Prove it. Post a link. Post a scan. Post something that can actually be backed up with facts (a first, I'm sure).

MM&FF Reference to 12.89 stock Z28

I said AVERAGE TIMES BY AVERAGE DRIVERS.
Correct - and I still stand by my conclusions. Further, using "best ever" stock ET's shows the potential of the cars. That potential is a good indicator of how far off the two will be with the "average" driver - assuming both take about the same skill to drive.

I was also talking about the LT1 vs. the pre '01 LS1s.
Nice try. You never once said anything of the sort. But lets play your game for a moment. Read the link above again. The Z that went 12.89 was a 1998.

Ooops.

No, I understand your dumbass approach of slipping the clutch on your Cobra everywhere you go.
Once again, when we have nothing to base a reply on, we revert to making things up. First, a clutch is slipped everytime you let it out. Every time. Second, my reference was to racing, not to "everywhere I go".

I'm sure you really get clutches to last a long time.
You have no clue how long they last. Then again, a clutch is a maintenance item....if you understand what that term means.

It doesn't look like you are too good at it though, by your poor bone stock 60' times on your Cobra page.
My bone stock 99 Cobra times sucked - all 2 times I had it at the track.

Yes, I have very much enjoyed your drunken ramblings.
You can only wish I was drunk.

Answer, the dragstrip. Ever been there?
ROFLOL. That's a funny one. It was directed towards Sean, so I'll pass up the opportunity and let it ride.

I could buy a brand new Viper with cash if I wanted to. I like GTs.
OMG is this good stuff!

"Ya Mom, I had the cash to buy this brand new 500 HP $80,000 Viper, but I really like used $10,000 Mustang GTs better, so I took out a loan and picked one up."

ROFLOL.

(pssst....Steve, don't read this....for everybody else that might own a GT, I'm not dissing your car - same goes for LT1 owners)

Did I ever say I was the best short time cutter? No. I just said for all of Bobs bs he sure doesn't slip his clutch very well.
Oh, I don't know....I've done a little practicing since those early passes with the car, and I think I slip the clutch pretty well these days. How about a 1.56 on BFG DRs? 355 RWHP. Manual tranny. 3340 lbs. Street car.

What you got to compare? Oh that's right...you have no times yet in your "could have bought a Viper" GT with the new mods.

Pardon me for asking when I already knew the answer.

It was my goal to impress middle aged cocky jerks.
Nah, I'm not middle aged yet, but I certainly am closer than you. When you grow up, you'll understand where we're coming from. Or maybe not?

Originally Posted by I burn rice too
Whoa, seems I've missed alot in the 8 months I stopped posting! We now have Bob Cosby on here acting like he knows more than everybody else just because he races in a different class, poor Steve is still sticking to his guns. What the heck happened to 'ol Sergio? That guy was a riot!
Cool! New blood! How are ya?

BTW...where did I ever mention anything in this post about class racing? Steve Y would be wise to leave his "guns" in the mud where he first planted them. Right now their basically shooting blanks into the ground.

Flame me all you want but my LT1 never lost to an LS1 in the 1/8th and alot of that is from bottom end torque.
Hello Mr Clueless, meet the other two cluelesses we have here who believe low end torque wins races through the 1/8th mile. Bzzzzzt. Not even sort of, but if you wish to believe that, knock yourself out.

All I can say is that the LT1 has a better bottom end TQ curve than the LS1, look at the cam profiles stock for stock, that kinda says alot. Yes I also know they're two different machines.
Define "bottom end". Below 3000 rpm? Do you race down there too? Perhaps you shift at peak torque, cuz that mak u go fuster?
Old 08-28-2004, 08:26 AM

That's the funniest paragraph I've ever read...

"Back at Crazy Horse, it pumped 321 horsepower to the rear wheels on the Dynojet. Are you feeling ill yet? That (their grammar sucks) 42 more than the last Cobra we tested and 82 more than the Bullitt. But gee Uncle Henry, it only has one camshaft."

That's freakin awesome.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by lovescamaros25
Thats why I love my lt1.The unmatched pin you back in your seat torque from a stoplight.
That's easy to fix; all you need is a shorter 1st gear, then you have the boat pulling torque that you think is so much fun, and the top end that wins races at the strip.

Next time you're at a track or otherwise running through the 1/8th or 1/4 mile, keep track of how long your motor is below 3K rpms. It's not very long at all compared to the total time above 3K.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by nuke61
That's easy to fix; all you need is a shorter 1st gear, then you have the boat pulling torque that you think is so much fun, and the top end that wins races at the strip.
No way! Is that the secret? Don't let it out! Gear is for wimps! And it sucks on the highway! Viva la Gas mileage!

Oops...they probably don't want to go there either.

Next time you're at a track or otherwise running through the 1/8th or 1/4 mile, keep track of how long your motor is below 3K rpms. It's not very long at all compared to the total time above 3K.
As intuitive as that is, you'd think it would not need saying.

97WS6SCharged...that's one thing about the MM&FF gang (most of em), they will call a spade a spade. I talked with Evan Smith a couple of weeks after he ran that 12.89 in early 1998. He's a dedicated Mustang guy, but he was incredibly impressed with the "new" Camaro (keeping in mind that back then, people were just beginning to see what the LS1 was all about), and at the time, told me he was going to buy one (never did though).

Quick Reply: The LT1 is a torque monster compared to the weak a** 4.6.