LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Thinking About An LT1 vs LS1 Shootout For GMHTP

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 07:11 AM

Yeah, you never know when you will see that Z06 or Viper that needs a lesson in humility
Old 10-24-2002, 07:34 AM

Originally posted by Mizzerlou
Yeah, you never know when you will see that Z06 or Viper that needs a lesson in humility
I AGREE........ CLICK IF YOU AGREE
Old 10-24-2002, 07:55 AM

Great job w/the mag and this idea and all, but I gotta say, seems I'm always slower than the field of participation for the event. For us lower buck guys running bolt-ons only, etc. I'd just like an event to run on a pro tree for true-stock style cars in a heads-up format with the rules being simple: No internals changed/modded, DOT tires and open to anyone passing tech. Full exhaust etc. There are so many different categories one would fit in nowdays that we could probably have enough cars willing to participate to have 3 or 4 different classes running, such as the top dogs w/all the power adders or serious builds, intermediate-tuned cars, like the hotcam/head combo'd cars and of course, the above mentioned field. Maybe even throw in an all-others bracket for fans of fbody racing, etc. I just think that 11's isn't really attainable by the average bolt-on LT1 car, and that will keep your participation numbers much lower than if it included a vast majority of both your readers as well as fanatics. I'd say the average ET of your LT1/LS1 crowd is more like mid 13's to low 12's rather than 11 and 10-second cars. But either way, I'll attend your event!
Old 10-24-2002, 08:49 AM

I definitely "DO NOT" see to many 11 second or faster cars passing the Db test. That is a tough order to follow especially with my 4" mufflex, LT headers, and not cats.

Since cars are not inspected in SC, you do not have to have converters in place at this time. So hardly any of the fast cars down here run them.

NA LT1 350 making 400+RWHP and runs mid 11's on motor. Havent had a chance to juice the 150 shot yet. Should go mid 10's.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:43 AM

Im also concerned about the exhaust rule as I will be running a tru dual setup with the pipes turning down after the bullets. Im intrested on being on team lt1.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:49 AM

The dB rule is a track rule, not a GMHTP/Johnny/etc rule.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:21 AM

How bout you guys let some EFA cars in, as yall were supposed to cover some of our events anyway ANyone want to see a stock LT1 go 12s on ET Streets?
Old 10-24-2002, 11:52 AM
Administrator

If the event were at new England Dragway you don't need to worry about the decibel issue. What about ATCO or Maple Grove?
Old 10-24-2002, 11:57 AM
Banned

Originally posted by tnthub
If the event were at new England Dragway you don't need to worry about the decibel issue. What about ATCO or Maple Grove?
atco
that track kicks ***!

Ban him if he doesn't move it to atco tnthub

(your going to come down from maine ?
Old 10-24-2002, 12:10 PM

Originally posted by Shon Herron
The dB rule is a track rule, not a GMHTP/Johnny/etc rule.
I know and that is just ludricous. I wonder how much business that track has lost? Why not just move it to another track; keep all the same rules with the exception of the Db rule? I dont know of anyone with a mufflex system that could possibly pass? Other than that; I would definitely be interested.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:31 PM
Banned

I jsut kind of thought about it.
At first I thought the Db rule was terrible for this event, maybe if we had hondas- then i'd be all for a 30 decible LAW!

But in all honesty- if your car is above 96Db- its not really a street car which is what I think they are shooting for...
Old 10-24-2002, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by FRDnemesis
I know and that is just ludricous. I wonder how much business that track has lost? Why not just move it to another track; keep all the same rules with the exception of the Db rule? I dont know of anyone with a mufflex system that could possibly pass? Other than that; I would definitely be interested.
I think it is the surrounding area 'merchants' that have requested the dB level, it is during the day in a populated place, I think it is, I really have never been there....and going to another track might be difficult if GMHTP has a 'relationship' with the track/owner, these things take alot of time to set up...but I still throw my hat into the mix!!
Old 10-24-2002, 02:42 PM

There were some pretty quick cars at SLP day in April, and every one of them passed smog, and there were also more than a handful with 4" Mufflex's and other combos as well. 94db is pretty loud, and they're not testing to take you out of the race, they're testing to keep you from running straight headers and dual cutouts, you know, ordinarilly NOT STREET setups.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:53 PM

Talking

I would love for this thing to go through even though i'm not in the 10's or 11's i would just love to see the LT1's lay the smack down on the LS1's. Not a hater of the LS1's they are awesome and i'm the only one out of my friends with an LT1 and i would love some payback by showing them what the LT1 is really capable of. LT1's RULE
Old 10-24-2002, 07:36 PM

Why not Cecil or Maple Grove which are fast tracks, unlike Englishtown. PLus that would be closer to a midway point and get some of the Southern boys up here.

Quick Reply: Thinking About An LT1 vs LS1 Shootout For GMHTP