LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

suposed LE2 heads off ebay came in today

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 05:31 PM

Re: suposed LE2 heads off ebay came in today

Negative feedback alone will do next to nothing. The onyl way to have his account suspended it so complain to ebay. Only then will they check his feedback, and his account will be cancelled. It would be wise to contact the others who left him negative feedback, and give them the link to launch their complaint. It takes 2 mins to complain.

I got 3 scammers accounts cancelled like this. Ofcourse, they can always start from scratch, buildup their feedback so people trust them and start scamming again, but that is plenty of work for them, so its worth making their job difficult.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by 1-bad-z28
i got a nice crank that my rod bearing spun on....it should make for a pretty good beating tool. I do have a question for you Beyonce, after the repeated ragging on this guy that sold you the heads, and all the warnings you were given, why did you buy the heads anyways? I mean you just got screwed and i don't want to add fuel to the fire but damn man. I feel bad for you but you kinda got what you deserved unless there is something i'm missing.
Well, unfortunately most of the warnings came after it was too late. I saw the auction with about a day and a half to go, and by the time ya'll started warning me he already had my money. Anybody have any advice on filing claims with paypal?
Old 04-13-2005, 07:21 PM

What has the guy said so far?
Old 04-13-2005, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Beyonce Knowles
Well, unfortunately most of the warnings came after it was too late. I saw the auction with about a day and a half to go, and by the time ya'll started warning me he already had my money. Anybody have any advice on filing claims with paypal?
I know all to well about this. You can and should file a claim with ebay. They do not suspend everybody. My latest problem dealt with super97camaro. He sold me a "new in box" 58 mm T.B. That was so far from the truth.Broken screw in the top plate, torn gasket, gummed up throttle blades and the throttle screw was chewed up. I asked for 50 back so I could buy a new gasket and fix the screw for the throttle blade and top plate.He didin't agree to that, he never answered. well, thats about what I spent to get it ready for me to use and I left him negative feed back. He left retalitory feedback and damaged my feedback score. He said I tried to blackmail/extort money from him.I replied with a follow up to my remarks and also to his. I am really pissed cause I tried to be as honest as I could and not screw someone else in return and it seems all my actions were for nothing.He is still around kicking and he had, at the time, 5 negative feedbacks with in a year. They don't really care as long as they are getting their money. Conveinient that paypal is owned by ebay. I tried squaretrade and nothing. He didn't want to try to work it out so I was out. I tried calling his house and when HE answered I asked if I could talk to Matt Phillips. He said it was him and I told him who I was and he hung up. I tried calling back immediately and he would not answer. I tried again about an 1 hour later and his girlfriend answered. When I asked for Matt, she said I had the wrong number. I was getting really pissed and got into it with her for about 20 minutes. I was screwed. Funny thing was this guy tried to sell my a 383 w/ LT4 heads. I can only imagine what a hunk of garbage it was after the T.B.
I have been thru this before with a cam and lifters on a deal that was too good to be true.Same thing, only I made the mistake of sending a money order.
The best you can do is too contact ebay. File your complaint with them. I doubt they will do anything cause they just want your money and don't really care about the honest people who do get screwed. Leave the bad feed back but be prepared to receive the same. Follow up to the bad remarks, thats about all you can do with them worthless idiots.In my case with the cam I was able to get 200 refunded, oh yeah minus their "processing fee" so I got a total of 175 back and that can only be done once every year!!
File a complaint with the police department. I contacted the police with the cam incident. They were helpful to some extent. They ran over to the addy I provided and tried to round them up. Try calling. If its a small town,l the cops are probably bored and could run over just to say they received a complaint and maybe that will be enough to scare him.
File your complaint with paypal. Its pretty much the same situation as ebay. Basically the coverage is available if it was stated in the auction. Just cause you use paypal does not mean you are automatically covered. I learned this with the a$$hole with the throttle body. I also used my checking account so I was not covered by my credit card. Ebay and paypal are in cahoots together
You can also file a complaint with the usps. This is the u.s. postal inspection service, They are the "police" of the mail fraud. You got a product that was misrepresented. Click the link. https://www.usps.com/postalinspector...dComplaint.htm
You will need to exhaust all possibiliteis. I was pretty relentless in who I was going to try. Unfortunately I didn't go thru all the way. After filing with the usps, I received a letter in the mail. I was so busy at work and hardly home so I never returned the extra paper work they required in their alloted time. If your gonna make the SOB pay, and I am sure you will, do the things I listed and lets hope he'll get scared and make this right.
But, if you are gonna do the lynchmob thing I got a new comp cams 233/239 cam I won't be using anymore so I'll bring it .......
Old 04-13-2005, 11:54 PM

233/239.... that should do decent damage. Ive got an old rusty cc306, stock 97 LT1, stock 89 chevy pickup cam, Ford 302 truck cam, a 440 mopar cam, 2-5 old RUSTY SBC cams laying around somewhere, and 2 from a saturn... haha...

Saturn cams = mini swords.

i think I have plenty of rusty cams to create a camshaft army!!!!!!!

On topic:

I think you should go through the USPS as this IS mail fraud. Talk to Lloyd and have him verify that he did not touch those heads. Then talk to ebay, see what they are willing to do. There is a way for you to get the money back out of this. Paypal is ****ing horrible though when it comes to this area.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:04 AM

Funny thing is 2 guys who live 10 minutes from this scammer offered to pay him a visit in Cantonracer's thread in the forsale section. I suggest contacting them and if anyone from Ohio is going *cough* DARKHORSE, let me know, I've never been to that part of Virginia. Didnt you need a Lunati crankshaft Darkhorse?

I think for all the trouble he has given folks on this board he needs properly "compinsated"

The worse part is that he'll probably get off scot free like all the sex predators who repeat offend and never get caught. That kind of crap makes me sick

-Dustin-
Old 04-14-2005, 12:28 AM
Banned

File with eBay,Pay Pal and Square Trade. Do it to the letter of there instructions and after 90 days file the reimbursement form and you will at least have a chance for part of your money back.(less $25.00) eBay will help you prosecute him also.All the "how to" info is on each site or on eBay.
File fraud charges on him with his local PD that usually gets their attention.Next time if they have a feed back rating of 98.9 or less don't do business.I have a 148* with a 99.2 rating and have had a lot of question's asked about my 1 negative over shipping charges.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:48 AM

honestly man, from experience, don't waste your time with the PD. i can't tell you how many hours i did. it gets you know where. file with paypal, ebay, leave feedback, and get over it. you knew what you were getting from the original post about these. rake it as a lesson.
I went back to the auction and he even told you they were stock valves. Did you not read this ", I just want to clarify a few things that i have had questions on. The valves appear to be stock size to me. It will come with springs and retainers and locks but they will need to be replaced if you want to run a large cam like the heads support"? Also another thing to note is that in the auction description, he never called them LE2 heads. The title may have been for search purposes only. Just some thoughts i had. Not taking up for him or you but you should have expected to get exactly what you did.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:33 AM

There is a similar deal on ebay now with ANOTHER set of my heads that I did not do.

There is a link on the Impala board.

69 Vette,

I see where you are comoing from and scammers can word thing properly to avoid any LEGAL retaliation and maybe the purchaser got what he deserves BUT that goes both ways. If someone screwed me out of a grand and was carful enough to eliminate all LEGAL means of retaliation, my only choice would eb to retliate by means that are not legal as well. That way the seller would get what he deserves. You obviously could not retalkiate right away, you would need to wait a month or two and then pay him a visit. I am sure he has alot of people pissed at him so that would make it tougher pin point who beat the hell ourt of him.

It would be tough for him to sell anything under that ebay name anymore as I am sure he is reading this and has enough since to cancel that account but if he tried to use that name, I am sure that enough people on this board would bid $10,000.00 on anything that he has for sale with their new ebay account name (this guy scams, Hodges sucks, etc, etc). What a piece of scum.

I am working with the purchaser and Ebay informing them that he is a known scammer on these boards and we will take it as far as we can until those resources are exhausted.

just remember, EVERYONE gets what they deserve.

Lloyd Elliott
972-617-5671
Eportworks.com
Old 04-14-2005, 07:34 AM

When trying to get your money back from paypal you have to file a complaint within 30 days or they are no help. I had purchased an item from a memeber of this board and a month went by with about five emails saying "oh, i'll get it right out tommorow" after about a month of this I contacted PayPal and they told me sorry no help, and that the transaction was over 30 days old . I did get the guy to send the part by telling him that I had filed a complaint through PayPal, that was enough to get him to send it Just alittle advice from my past expereices.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:25 AM

yeah i see what your saying to lloyd but thats why i went directly to you for my heads. its the only way to go. you would almost have to wait half a year before you could do any illegal realiation and even then it would prob still come back on you in a negetave way. Just my opinion coming from a college law background. I think if it was me, i would resale the heads and move on and send lloyd your castings like you should have done the first time.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:29 AM

So as a warning to everyone. lloyd is talking about this auction. do not buy them and then complain that you were not warned:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

I don't want to see anyone else making the same mistake as beyonce did.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:45 AM

those are not even ported inside the exhaust ports. I could do better than that with a piece of sandpaper. They don't look like 2" intake valves either.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by 69vette
yeah i see what your saying to lloyd but thats why i went directly to you for my heads. its the only way to go. you would almost have to wait half a year before you could do any illegal realiation and even then it would prob still come back on you in a negetave way. Just my opinion coming from a college law background. I think if it was me, i would resale the heads and move on and send lloyd your castings like you should have done the first time.
Well, I was expecting to get what he showed in the pictures, which are a set of LE2 heads. What I recieved in no ways looks like what was in the pictures. I could have done that with a piece of steel wool and my garage in a couple hours. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:59 PM

Well, I was expecting to get what he showed in the pictures, which are a set of LE2 heads. What I recieved in no ways looks like what was in the pictures. I could have done that with a piece of steel wool and my garage in a couple hours. Thanks for the advice.
I heard you say you paid about $1000 for these heads. Isn't that about the price of a new set of LE2 heads? To me on something like this you weren't saving much you should of just gotten a set of new heads from Lloyd. Now maybe if they were a set of Ai heads or some others that run about $2k then they would be worth buying for that price.

Quick Reply: suposed LE2 heads off ebay came in today