LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

suposed LE2 heads off ebay came in today

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 08:20 PM

Re: suposed LE2 heads off ebay came in today

Originally Posted by 94zgreenmachine
Can you clean the chambers a bit. He does work inside the chamber. For me, its hard to see 3/32 difference in valve diameter, especially thru a pic. Being charcoaled don't help none either. Ray charles would probably be able to see the difference better than I in those pics
I tried spraying them with some Brakleen, didn't do too much. How should I clean them up?
Old 04-12-2005, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Beyonce Knowles
I tried spraying them with some Brakleen, didn't do too much. How should I clean them up?
If that didn't clean them any better then I don't know what would! Like you said, have some one flow them and find out.Good luck,
I have taken it too many times in the a$$ with no lube on ebay too many times. I only buy from ebay stores and I always use my Credit card because of the extra coverage. Paypal doesn't always cover their stuff either. It has to have their little paypal coverage gaurantee stupid thing on the auction for it to be covered and such. Sucks there are people out there like that but hopefully you' ll be alright
Old 04-12-2005, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Beyonce Knowles
try carb clean, not brake clean
Old 04-12-2005, 08:31 PM

Thanks for the replies, guys. I made sure that this was covered by paypal, so the worst thing I see happening is me being out 3 weeks time but no money. And when you don't have a job money is more important than time
Old 04-12-2005, 10:04 PM

unless there is something i dont know, paypal coverage doesnt mean jack ****. they recover your money by taking it out of the seller's account. If he has no money in his paypal account, they wait for somebody to make a paypal payment to him so that it can be diverted your way. If that doesnt happen, then you're probably out of luck. Paypal coverage, my ***, thats the biggest false hope giving, wrongful advertising ive ever seen ebay do.

Now if the seller himself has a deal with paypal/ebay, where he fills out some forms etc. and allows them to guarantee coverage, that is different and to my understanding, more reliable. Eg., when you buy a car off ebay and the seller agrees to ebay's $25k insurance in the event of nondelivery.

Last edited by med_reject; 04-12-2005 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:06 PM

Dude, those are definitely nothing that I have ever touched.

The chambers look stock and the valve size does as well.

The exhaust ports are sand paper rolled and that is it. The guides look un touched other than that.

I sent you some pics of my work so you can see what my heads look like. It will probably take a lil while since IO connect pretty slow and DSL is not available here yet.

Lloyd
Old 04-12-2005, 10:19 PM
n2oblkz

I book marked this just to see if Lloyd would chime in. Sorry to hear about that man, sounds like another ebay scammer. I hope that you can get your money back.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:27 PM

I saw those same heads on eBay and got pretty excited because they were exactly what I was looking for. Then I found the seller name... hodgesiggy AKA DUSTIN HODGES AKA 94TA_LT1 (or something) on this forum.

It's too bad you couldn't have been warned earlier. I almost felt like bidding $9999 for those heads just so no one would get them.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:35 PM

OMG that guy has struck agian. Some one is gunna seriously F this guy up if he keeps doing this stuff to people.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:04 PM

Those heads have almost no work put into them ... probably less than a 5cfm difference over stock, if that! No grinding whatsoever, just a quick sand paper roll on the ports to make it look like something was done to someone that doesn't know any better. Bone stock chambers, and those are definitely stock valves. Sorry man
Old 04-13-2005, 12:22 AM

at least you have the paypal thing
Old 04-13-2005, 12:28 AM

Damn that sucks.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:28 AM

Not to come off as a total ********. But I warned everyone in a post when these first went up on ebay. I even took screenshots of the emails that he sent me proving to everyone that those heads were stock valve, stock spring heads. There shouldnt have been any doubt in your mind that you were getting nothing but less than LE2 heads by the information that the seller gave me and I provided to this forum for everyone to read.

Here is the old thread...

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352500

Sorry for being the barrier of bad news...
Old 04-13-2005, 12:33 AM

Wow, I home ported a head and those make mine look like pro work. Hope you get your money back man, I can still see the casting line on the intake port.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:50 AM

If he was selling these heads on here a lil while ago I talked to the guy.And soons i said somthing about me picking them up in person he stoped talkin to me.

Quick Reply: suposed LE2 heads off ebay came in today