LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

please help.....have a constant miss over 5K, please read, i cant figure it out....

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 12:58 PM

back from the grave..........i know a lot of people are going through this and are very frustrated. where are the guys that were going through the same ****? hagancue, whats new, and have you figured it out?
brian
Old 07-13-2002, 11:34 AM

TTT
Old 07-13-2002, 11:57 AM

yeah this seems to be a big problem with these cars, every lt1 i come across seems to have a similar issue after about 70k-80k miles.....mine has about 56k right now, i have an A4, i get a stuble every now and then at about 5100rpm, but its really rare, however my buddy has a 97 Zee as well with a M6 when it hit about 76k he had that stuble everytime at about 5100, took it to the dealer they replaced the opti and reset the computer, all was solved.........
Old 07-13-2002, 12:14 PM

well i have a new opti and a cutom PCM.....i wish it were that easy for me...
thanks though,
brian
Old 07-13-2002, 10:51 PM

allright guys here is some good guesses that have fixed many in the pass msd box,ignition coil,coil wire,valvesprings,opti,plug wires,try gapping plugs at 035,make sure your getting no knock retard

------------------
racer1
lpe heads,intake,mac headers,nos,random torque arm,eibach drag kit,3.73s,slp,callaway honker,sfc,msd,c/e rear shocks,afpr,march pullies
Old 07-15-2002, 07:51 PM

UPDATE!!!
still have it, but i have more information......i 1/2 throttled it to 5100 and it felt like it was still missing slightly, has anyone else tried this to see if their car does it??? im also fuel pressure testing it this week and getting a new clutch in, mines worn and i think that maybe it is just failing to hold at high rpms or something (wishful thinking). i agree with the thought that it COULD be old *** valve springs if nothing else checks out. this sucks ***.........
brian
Old 07-15-2002, 08:16 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

WISH I COULD HELP OUT BOYS BUT I STILL CAN NOT GET MINE TO RUN RIGHT. IT IS FUNNY. YOU GUYS ARE HABVING THE EXACT OPPOSIT PROBLEM. MINE IS DOING IT BELOW 3500RPMS.AFTER THAT IT IS FINE AND NEVER MISSES.I HAVE ALSO REPLACED EVERYTHING POSSIBLE AND JUST CHECKED MY FUEL PRESHURE AND IS WAS GOOD. I ONLY HAVE ON THIING YOU GUYS MAY WANT TO TRY. MY CAR USE TO MISS AT ABOUT 5400 OR SO AND THAT WAS FROM THE MASS FLOW SENSEOR. IT WOULD READ TO MUCH AIR COMMING IN AND SHUT DOWN FOR A SEC. BUT THE CUSTOM COMPUTER TUNNING FROM PCMSFOR LESS FIXED THAT...GOOD LUCK
Old 07-16-2002, 06:33 AM

thanks man, same to you. us guys got to stick together with our misees and hesitations! (there sure are a lot of us!)
brian
Old 07-16-2002, 09:23 AM

!
I HATE THIS FUGING CAR, WELL NOT REALLY JUST HATE THE MISS. IF I RAN WOT IBET A FOCUS WOULD SPANK MY @SS. I HAVE NO SCAN TOOL OR PROGRAMMER NOR HAS IT BEEN PLUGGED INTO ONE YET. IM STILL WAITING TO SEE IF I CAN GET THE OPTI COVERED UNDER THAT JACKASS USED CAR WARRANTY. BUT IF I CANT WHAT IS THE BEST TO BUY PCMFORLESS, LT1SCANMASTER, OR WHAT JUST WONDERING THANKS OH YEAH I PUT THAT NEW COIL ON FRIDAY AND NO CHANGE LIKE YOU SAID SAME DAMN TIME SAME DAMN PLACE. I STILL HAVE ONE WIRE ARCING AT THE OPTI AND THE NEW MSD COIL IS ALSO ARCING REALLY SMALL. THANKS HEATH

------------------
94 T/A LT1 A4
FEW MODS,KINDA QUICK
MISSIN BAD!
Old 07-16-2002, 04:09 PM

how many of us are running MSD parts? i hear they tend to fail on LT1 cars, and i know on my car 1 wire was arcing pretty bad, and if heaths coil is arcing, maybe the culprit is something we wouldnt expect. who knows, ill update as soon as i have news.
brian
Old 07-16-2002, 04:15 PM

thanks i have two plug wires arcing at the plugs and the coil is arcing on both side of he metal frame that it bolts to. [ ]right at the spot welds the msd was about an hour old when i first noticed the arc.

------------------
94 T/A LT1 A4
SOME MODS,KINDA QUICK
times- C-YA AT THE TRACK!!
Old 07-17-2002, 12:09 PM

mines off to the dealer CHECK YA LATER
Old 07-17-2002, 01:23 PM

I've done cam, heads, long tubes, wires and a bunch of other stuff lately. When i went to the track i'm having a high rpm miss through 2nd to 4th. My buddy and i checked it out since i have LT1 Edit and didn't notice anything wrong. It's not running lean at all and we have it set so it doesn't pull any timing out. We kinda thought that it might be the MSD 6AL box, but i disconnected it and it still was doing the exact same thing. I do however have my stock coil on since my MSD coil cracked by the coil post. Anyway i've got a new coil by Accel and i put it on yesterday, so i'll probably test it out tonight and see what it does. I'm also going to put my buddies computer in there also sometime soon to see if that solves anything. I'll keep you posted on what i come up with.
Later, Tony
Old 07-17-2002, 04:08 PM

we gotta stick together on this guys. maybe we can contact GM, they must have had/seen this problem. we need more data though, there MUST be a common thread(s) that have us ~50 or so guys having problems. if we isolate it then maybe we can come up with a way to solve it, seeing as how normal things arent making it better.
brian
Old 07-18-2002, 04:12 PM

same problem

Quick Reply: please help.....have a constant miss over 5K, please read, i cant figure it out....