22.22%
Elliot Portworks Stage II
77.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LPE 211/219 or Portworks Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by 95firehawk
I'd probably only give credit to the posts who actually have H/C combos in their sigs. The rest is just garbage and haters. This post included lol.
My sig says nothing about H/C
Old 02-21-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
If Lingenfelter is an option, I'd go that route in a heartbeat over anything LE.
I have yet to see any ligenfelter packages run worth a ****. Your buying the name thats it. This ******* just hates LE stuff to hate it. roadtrip120 and javier are a couple who have had great results from LE stuff.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
I have yet to see any ligenfelter packages run worth a ****. Your buying the name thats it. This ******* just hates LE stuff to hate it. roadtrip120 and javier are a couple who have had great results from LE stuff.
Yeah, I hate to just hate. Lingenfelter is just a name? and don't run worth a ****? Don't get out much, do you?

Out of all these LE packages, you can name two that run well? I've seen the LE work, and frankly, not impressive at all. Seen the Bert cams too, and wow - just wow, what f'ing ignorance and shameful to be using all these guys as guinea pigs for the types of lobes coming out on 99% of them. There may be a couple of guys who have figured out how to make the junk run, but more often than not, many have figured out they got mediocre heads and a cam better suited in an application other than what they wanted. You want to give him your money, step up moneybags - I'll go with Lingenfelter every time between the two choices offered here.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:31 PM

There may be a couple of guys who have figured out how to make the junk run
Eh I dunno man. I can't help but take offense to call what's on my car junk.

I'm not running the lobes I think you have in mind on my LE3 cam.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Aside from being assembled with attention to detail, there's nothing special about my car... hell it's got a mail-order tune! I picked drivetrain parts that made sense given the RPM that I planned to be working with.

I haven't seen much LPE LT1 stuff except for ABA's car, who's getting good results as well.

Maybe I just don't get out much or we don't see it much in this part of the country.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
Eh I dunno man. I can't help but take offense to call what's on my car junk.
No offense intended - if it runs for you, who cares what it's called? This board is not the end-all be-all for performance figures from around the country - a lot of guys never post on a board, and frankly, not a lot of guys are even interested in running LT1 stuff anymore. To say that Lingenfelter is 'just a name' is just naive, no matter what performance circle you run in.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:11 PM

No offense intended - if it runs for you, who cares what it's called? This board is not the end-all be-all for performance figures from around the country - a lot of guys never post on a board, and frankly, not a lot of guys are even interested in running LT1 stuff anymore. To say that Lingenfelter is 'just a name' is just naive, no matter what performance circle you run in.
Agreed on multiple counts.

And even more-so agreed on noone running LT1 stuff anymore.

Every LT1 I see at the local track is either a teenager in a stock-ish car, or a disappointing setup LT1.

Rarely do I get to see an impressive LT1 these days.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:05 PM

I'm gonna throw this out there....

You don't necessarily need LPE, AI, or LE heads to run decent #s....there are plenty of porters out there that can make some impressive #s. For instance I know that TEA and Port Pros do excellent work...and I run heads from a local guy named Chris Bernd (www.cylinderheadspecialties.com) He did great work at a very reasonable price. My car's et's aren't that impressive because my suspension setup and 10 bolt keep me from launching hard, but look at my mph....not too shabby for being pig rich on a mail order tune still...

All I'm saying is there are a ton of options, but whether or not a car runs hard or not usually boils down to your attention to detail.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:09 PM

i would go with le, i am very happy with my stuff
Old 02-21-2008, 06:22 PM

Yeah, I hate to just hate. Lingenfelter is just a name? and don't run worth a ****? Don't get out much, do you?

Out of all these LE packages, you can name two that run well? I've seen the LE work, and frankly, not impressive at all. Seen the Bert cams too, and wow - just wow, what f'ing ignorance and shameful to be using all these guys as guinea pigs for the types of lobes coming out on 99% of them. There may be a couple of guys who have figured out how to make the junk run, but more often than not, many have figured out they got mediocre heads and a cam better suited in an application other than what they wanted. You want to give him your money, step up moneybags - I'll go with Lingenfelter every time between the two choices offered here.
Again lots of ignorance coming from you, a member that has more opinions then brains and can't even make his legendary Ai portwork and UD cam to run worth a ****. Post up or shutup clown. Not to mention all the bashing you do about lobe choice like you have a clue about valvetrain and what works and doesn't. You think your special because you have proprietary lobes well whoopty doo. Why can nothing be unbiased anymore when a question is asked? You always have an ulterior motive to bash. I can't believe they let you stay around here with all the stuff you stir up, its really too bad this forum doesn't have a BS filter...because none of your posts would show up for the world to see.

To the OP; if I was interested in doing H/C setup I would try to figure out exactly what your gonna do with the car. Supporting mods, designated use, gearing, and an abundance of other questions would come to mind when choosing something like this. If you can post up more of the info you will get a better chance of getting real helpful information. Colin91z hit the nail on the head when he said it was more about attention to detail then who ported you heads.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
I have yet to see any ligenfelter packages run worth a ****. Your buying the name thats it. This ******* just hates LE stuff to hate it.
Actually if you look at the prices between the LPE and LE stuff you may find they are extremely comperable especially w/ one of Bert's custom cam jobbers.
So what would you expect to not run "worth a ****" w/ an emissions legal cam?
I'm not sure I know of any other LE/BRE emissions legal cam setups which are M6, full weight that have ran 12.0's to 12.1's @ 115mph. If you do then by all means, post them up...

Last edited by SS RRR; 02-21-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
I haven't seen much LPE LT1 stuff except for ABA's car, who's getting good results as well.

Maybe I just don't get out much or we don't see it much in this part of the country.
Eric got alot more out of those heads after LPE did them.....Its an old generic program QC is down. I would not buy from them.

I have never seen a LPE set-up worth mentioning
Old 02-21-2008, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Actually if you look at the prices between the LPE and LE stuff you may find they are extremely comperable especially w/ one of Bert's custom cam jobbers.
So what would you expect to not run "worth a ****" w/ an emissions legal cam?
I'm not sure I know of any other LE/BRE emissions legal cam setups which are M6, full weight that have ran 12.0's to 12.1's @ 115mph. If you do then by all means, post them up...
I went 12.4@115.1 with a ****ty 2.0 60' on a mail order tune (a/f in the upper 11's) with the heads that were on my car with the crane 227.
http://www.putfile.com/album/0/spddmn24
Old 02-21-2008, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
I went 12.4@115.1 with a ****ty 2.0 60' on a mail order tune (a/f in the upper 11's) with the heads that were on my car with the crane 227.
http://www.putfile.com/album/0/spddmn24
Any new times with your setup? Should go what 124 or so with that extra hp u picked up and better air since its winter time? Your car has performed pretty well with each setup you have had so far so i'm curious since I haven't been on here too much lately.

BTW Javier it must be that magical shortblock I sold ya to make that LE car run that well....apparently its fluke because SS MPSTR said so.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:25 PM

Kyle.. if it's magic you're sellin'.... buddy it's magic I'll buy from ya anytime!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by 89385formula
Any new times with your setup? Should go what 124 or so with that extra hp u picked up and better air since its winter time? Your car has performed pretty well with each setup you have had so far so i'm curious since I haven't been on here too much lately.

BTW Javier it must be that magical shortblock I sold ya to make that LE car run that well....apparently its fluke because SS MPSTR said so.
I need a new clutch , and I don't see how the hell i would gain 6mph considering I went 118 with my LE setup in -1000 ft air.

Quick Reply: LPE 211/219 or Portworks Stage II