LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Anyone have a wireing diagram for MAF Sensor on a 97

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 03:26 PM

Anyone have a wireing diagram for MAF Sensor on a 97

I keep geeting code p0100 in my history.
I tried re running the power wire to a 12 volt fuse but that didnt work.
Tried swapping sensors and that didnt change anything.
The only way i can keep the check engine light off right now is hooking the power wire directly to the battery, But i still get the p0100 code in history, just doesnt turn on the check engine light.

I want to rewire the entire harness, so that is why i need the diagram, and maybe an explanation since i am not an electrical guy.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by 97formula1234
The only way i can keep the check engine light off right now is hooking the power wire directly to the battery, But i still get the p0100 code in history, just doesnt turn on the check engine light.

I want to rewire the entire harness, so that is why i need the diagram, and maybe an explanation since i am not an electrical guy.

I had the same issue, I wound up just buying a new pigtail with like 2ft wire for the MAF off ebay.
I was working on this right before I snapped a couple of rods in my old motor. I put the new pigtail in, and got a code later on (like 2 weeks?). So not really sure, but seems to be a common problem.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:07 PM

www.shbox.com
Old 03-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 97formula1234

Are you clearing the code from history? It will not clear itself until the PCM has gone through a significant number of "drive cycles" without the problem recurring.

Did you verify that the pink wire did not have +12V? Is that why you decided to replace the power wire? Did you verify that the harness connector does not have damaged pins?

While Shoebox has the PCM wiring diagrams (sheet pcm2 has the MAF sensor), and a photo of the 95 wiring harness, its isn't going to directly give you the details of how the power wire is routed through the harness, and what internal splices there are in the harness for other services. The wiring diagram just shows "to other circuits" branching off the pink wire after connector C230. You will have to check each of the other items served by the same fuse as the MAF sensor. Typically, in the 97's the break in the pink wire is somewhere after all the other circuits.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Are you clearing the code from history? It will not clear itself until the PCM has gone through a significant number of "drive cycles" without the problem recurring.

Did you verify that the pink wire did not have +12V? Is that why you decided to replace the power wire? Did you verify that the harness connector does not have damaged pins?

While Shoebox has the PCM wiring diagrams (sheet pcm2 has the MAF sensor), and a photo of the 95 wiring harness, its isn't going to directly give you the details of how the power wire is routed through the harness, and what internal splices there are in the harness for other services. The wiring diagram just shows "to other circuits" branching off the pink wire after connector C230. You will have to check each of the other items served by the same fuse as the MAF sensor. Typically, in the 97's the break in the pink wire is somewhere after all the other circuits.

No i never could verify the pink wire was the orginal problem, However when i did hook it directly to the battery the car ran ALOT better and the SES light stayed off.
I did clear the codes useing autotap and i have also several times removed the battery power. THe code will just keep comming up as "H" when i scan the car. I can clear the codes, scan the car and have no codes. Drive the car for 5 minutes and scan it again have the "H" p0100 code show up.
I have tried several MAF and the same thing happens with all of them.
Also tried cleanning the MAF.
Their is no damage to the conector (even used another one i got from a junk yard)

What else could case the code to come up besides a short in the wire?
A dirty filter? Leaky PCV Valve? Leak in the intake after the MAF?