Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Has anybody ever delt with Sounddomain.com?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 03:06 PM

Question Has anybody ever delt with Sounddomain.com?

Well as you may have seen in other posts my Bose HU quit working last week in my 95 Z28. So I ordered a Pioneer 8400 HU. I didn't buy it from Sound domain, because I found it quite a bit cheaper through someone else. I still needed the Interface adapter, wiring harness, and the dash kit. So I tried ordering it from Sound domain. For some reason I couldn't send my order through on their internet site. So I called since I wanted them to double check the items I was about to purchase and make sure I had all the right stuff I needed. Well when I called I gave them the year make and model of my car and waited for the gentlemen to find the application. He comes back and says that they don't have a listing for a 95 Chevrolet Z28. WTF! Is mine the only one that they made that year?lol! Also when I asked them to price match the other place where I found it they sent me an email with a link attached and the link said that if shipping is included they can't price match. If thats not the dumbest thing I've heard. In my opinion it's just a reason not to give it to you for a lower price. They only reason that I asked them to price match was because they are a sponsor of our site and since they sponsor us I wanted to return the favor. So I guess I was just wondering everyone elses experience with Sounddomain.com? Also where another place is to get the interface adapter, dash kit, and wiring harness for a good price? I'm not exactly sure what I need so a year, make, and model chart would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

------------------
~Rich
95 Arctic White Z~28
Borla, Quictime Electric Cutout, MAC Headers/Y-Pipe/Off Road Pipe, Granatelli MAF Sensor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs, Air Foil, K&N, Trans Go Shift Kit, Digital FP Gauge, Autometer Trans Temp & AF Ratio Gauges, LT1 Scanmaster, SLP Fan Switch, 160 stat, Chrome ZR1 Rims, Nitto 450s, Z~Roc Hood.
Next: Heads, Cam, Intake and Throttle Body!
Old 08-29-2002, 03:25 PM

Sounds like they didn't want your business to me. I would have told that guy to check again or stick it up his *ss if they didn't have a kit for a Z. I've dealt with them a few times, but I can't say I have had problems with them. I do know that their shipping is slow though.

Another place to look for adapters and metra kits is www.partsexpress.com I know they can help you. I've seen their list of dash kits. Good luck!

------------------
Steve
4th Gen F-Bod sub boxes
www.subthump.com
Old 08-29-2002, 04:29 PM

My thoughts exactly! How could they not have an application for a 95 Camaro? Thanks for the link!

------------------
~Rich
95 Arctic White Z~28
Borla, Quictime Electric Cutout, MAC Headers/Y-Pipe/Off Road Pipe, Granatelli MAF Sensor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs, Air Foil, K&N, Trans Go Shift Kit, Digital FP Gauge, Autometer Trans Temp & AF Ratio Gauges, LT1 Scanmaster, SLP Fan Switch, 160 stat, Chrome ZR1 Rims, Nitto 450s, Z~Roc Hood.
Next: Heads, Cam, Intake and Throttle Body!
Old 08-29-2002, 10:44 PM

Ive bought through them a few times. Havent had a problem unless the item isnt in stock. They will ship the other items, and they wont charge you to ship the other item(s) when they finally came in. I remeber waiting about 3 weeks for a fuse holder.