Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

We now have enough info on what the next Camaro looks like.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 12:13 AM

Re: Re: We now have enough info on what the next Camaro looks like.

Originally posted by JoeliusZ28

that would look awesome with a different set of wheels and a !chrome bar mod. (even though thats the first semi-good looking chrome bar ive seen)

I definetly like it

Looks like just a 1st gen and second gen combination. I hardly see any 4th and no 3rd gen in it whatsoever, but thats me.

---That was in reference to this link that the quote didnt pick up

http://www.wyattcon.net/images/F5Camaro.jpg

Last edited by 92RS shearn; 03-20-2004 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:59 AM

Originally posted by IZ28

Explain what you mean. The way I see it right now they can make it look like each year of the 1st Gen but that's about it, I don't know how it could look like anything different as is so far.
Well if you look at the car(guionm's 1st link) from a anti-retro person's point of view,all they are going to think is that"So what they are just going to do,a retro 1st-4th gen fbodies for each new gen?".You would think that,but if you have any kind of vision or an artistic eye you can see where this "retroed" 5thgen is probably going in the future designs,though I couldn't say for sure where or care to"explain".It wouldn't take much to alter the front end or what ever else to be no longer retro for the next gen...and this is hardly a carbon copy of a 1stgen anyway..http://www.wyattcon.net/images/F5Camaro.jpg..ehh,some people will like it others won't

Last edited by 91Zman; 03-20-2004 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:36 AM

Personally I think it looks great now show me the powertrain and the price tag.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:36 PM

Well if it is as retro as it seems it will be at least I wont have to worry about new car payment on a Camaro When is the new Trans Am comming out... God damnit we waited 5 years for **** we coulda had 35 years ago.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:19 PM

I am a bit dissapointed if the styling is going to be like those drawings. It's too retro for my taste. I really wanted a nice progressive, modern Camaro but the way the info looks in this thread, it might not be modern. The info from a few months ago indicated that reto was pretty out of the question, i wonder what has changed. Did the Mustang concept have anything to do with this.................? I hope not.
I am still hopeing that some of the info might be a little distorted or that when we see the final design, it will not have such a retro feel. It is still way too early for me to rule anything out but maybe a used Vette will be in my future.

This relates to that earlier thread about it feeling like 1969. I guess it is true, it will feel like 1969, literally.

Last edited by SNEAKY NEIL; 03-20-2004 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:26 PM

Originally posted by SNEAKY NEIL

This relates to that earlier thread about it feeling like 1969. I guess it is true, it will feel like 1969, literally.

I know! Isn't it great?!
Old 03-20-2004, 03:35 PM

Originally posted by hp_nut
I know! Isn't it great?!
False.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:23 PM
cmc

Hooray! A polarizing design for the Camaro. I'm happy it's coming back, and I can't say I won't buy one yet. But I do hope that "the front end of a '69 with the back of a '72 and the mirrors of a 2002" isn't all that will define this car.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:09 PM

My vote.

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/5d5d094...wxPXABbGnOA3yF

Frank
Old 03-20-2004, 08:21 PM

That's one of the better PS's of the concept that I've seen. Still not crazy about it though.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:15 PM

One thing that i will say is that i definately dont like the idea of or want a retro Camaro. Retro, to me, is kind of like saying "We ran out of ideas on what to do, so we will re do something from the past." I dont mind the back at all (crispey's needs to be a little cleaned up, but all in all the idea is fine with me) but i really dont want the front to be 1st gen inspired. I want it to be something new. I still want to have the excitement of seeing a first gen, and i feel if a fifth gen is retro, with a first gen front, it may detract from that. I was also hoping GM wouldnt follow the way that ford went with the mustang. Too me, they look way too similar.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but i really do not understand why the design cannot be changed. If it is a 2008 MY car, i dont see why they cant just change the front clip before they even make a show car. Even if they are building one right now, i still think it can be changed in that amount of time.

Will I buy a fifth gen? I dont know, right now im leaning to an unfortunate no because of the retro design.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:16 PM

I'm just glad there is a car somewhere that is at least mocked up and being worked on. I'm sure it's gonna be an awesome car.

Do you remember when we first saw drawings of the C6? Alot of people were going off saying it was ugly and that the Corvette line was doomed. Then we saw a few spy photos and it changed a little. Then we saw the pic of the car on the trailer (the one from the American Revolution commercial) and it changed more. Then we saw the actual commercial, and it changed even more. Then we saw the actual car at the car show, and most everone is hailing the C6 as the best car ever!!

My point is, we have all been patient (well most of us) this long about the next Camaro, let's not damn it already. When we see some better drawing, some spy photos and then an actual car, I'm sure that most will love it.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by Chuck!
Well if it is as retro as it seems it will be at least I wont have to worry about new car payment on a Camaro When is the new Trans Am comming out... God damnit we waited 5 years for **** we coulda had 35 years ago.
Word.

Has the automotive world forgotten how to design a car?
Old 03-21-2004, 12:53 AM

The way I have understood the styling choices has been that its a modern design with heavy cues from previous models. I dont think I would be a big fan of retro either, but I am liking whats been said.

You would have to be crazy to damn this car for being retro before you see what it really looks like. I, for one, wont make my mind up until I see sheetmetal.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:58 AM

Originally posted by L.A. Z
You would have to be crazy to damn this car for being retro before you see what it really looks like. I, for one, wont make my mind up until I see sheetmetal.
Agreed.

Even if they do decide to go with a retro design, they might do it right. Like Ford did with the Mustang. Camaro has a great heritage, if it looks anything like a previous generation then it will look great

Quick Reply: We now have enough info on what the next Camaro looks like.