Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

So you want to save the Camaro name???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 11:27 AM

Done my part.

I'm sure Bob will not read this however they WILL be printed out and kept at GM and I hope that there is enough emails/print outs to cover a space big enough to get someone's attention. All it takes sometimes is a small enough stone to move into place for a big rock to roll.
Think about the GTO a simple email (which people gets hundreds if not thousands per day) from someone mentioning it would be a good GTO got Mr. Lutz's attention so i'm sure this should work.

Just in case though I had printed out the earlier letter which was to be delivered at the BG event but couldn't go so I mailed it directly to GM. I'm sure it's there but I don't know where. I will also send a huge poster of my car to RP for my homework assignment.

PS I'll spread the link as best I can as well.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:52 AM

I'm posting on LS1 and LS2.com
Old 03-09-2004, 12:14 PM

I sumbitted mine just a minute ago
Old 03-09-2004, 12:30 PM

Just added my .02
Old 03-09-2004, 01:30 PM

Thumbs up

Done. Hopefully this will get a buzz started.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:59 PM

Here's my respons:

Dear Mr. Gorski,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to the demise of the Camaro.

On Tuesday, August 27th, 2002, at about 9:20 am, the last 4th Generation Chevrolet Camaro came off the line at Ste.Therese, Boisbriand, Quebec. While there are no plans now for a next generation Camaro, GM will keep the door open to bringing back the Camaro name at some point in the future if the product is right.

Although the Camaro has always had focused appeal, Chevrolet will continue the tradition of providing performance vehicles with high value. The Malibu, Colorado, SSR, and Malibu MAXX are currently at your local Chevy dealership and very shortly, the Equinox and Aveo will join them. We will also be unveiling the 2005 Corvette as well as a premium small car called the Cobalt which made its appearance at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit and the Los Angeles International Auto Show.

Thank you again for contacting the Customer Assistance Center and for making Camaro your vehicle of choice. We appreciate your loyalty and hope we will be able to provide for all of your future transportation needs.

We have created a computer file, *********, to notate your comments and will be forwarding them to the appropriate departments for their review. If you should need to contact us in the meantime, please e-mail us again or call our Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-222-1020. Our Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time. When calling or writing please refer to your service request number above and provide us with your daytime or evening phone number for our records.

We hope your Z28 will provide you with many miles of driving pleasure and that you will consider Chevrolet for all your future transportation needs!

Our goal here at the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center is complete customer satisfaction. If you feel that we have not achieved this goal, please e-mail us again and advise if there is anything more we can do to make you a satisfied GM customer. When writing back please refer to your request number above.

Sincerely,

Customer Relationship Manager
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center
Old 03-09-2004, 02:39 PM

Done. Everyone better be doing this!
Old 03-09-2004, 02:48 PM

Did mine
Old 03-09-2004, 03:08 PM

EVERYONE READ THIS!

My sources tell me that the "buzz" has already started.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

We do not want this to backfire! Send in well written letters only! No profanity! Use your spell check!

We don't want the people reading these letters to think that we are anything but professional.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:09 PM

Sent in mine
Old 03-09-2004, 03:16 PM

Originally posted by Z284ever
EVERYONE READ THIS!

My sources tell me that the "buzz" has already started.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

We do not want this to backfire! Send in well written letters only! No profanity! Use your spell check!

We don't want the people reading these letters to think that we are anything but professional.

Excellent!

I went over mine twice with the spell checker from this morning. lol.

I haven't gotten a reply yet, but I am sure it will come.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:31 PM

Mine is also sent in.Hats off to all the fans for taking time to write in.Glad to see the name means so much to everyone.If there is more that can be done then count me in.Maybe a march around gm head quarters lol......
Old 03-09-2004, 03:32 PM

Done.
Thanks for the heads up.
I've added a link to the Camaro Club of Kansas City's website.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:39 PM

Here is a link to the camaro clubs of the USA http://www.chevrolet.com/cgi-bin/dis...Camaro...Maybe a letter and a link to these clubs may raise more help in the fight.If someone puts a letter together ill take some time to email as many as i can.The more help the better.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:46 PM

I just want to say it's good to see what appears to be a lot of 'lurkers' coming out and taking time to help out too!

Quick Reply: So you want to save the Camaro name???