Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Super Charged 98' Cobra against Civic with a lil' Turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 02:22 PM

Re: Super Charged 98' Cobra against Civic with a lil' Turbo.

I wish I could man, but I can't get away with it here in california. I'd drive a TT C5 Vette in a heartbeat if I could. Room to work under the hood, whoohoo!

/damned smog *****
Old 08-06-2004, 02:23 PM

I'll register your car here for ya and you can do whatever you want
Old 08-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WS Sick
But wouldnt that T-3/4 turbo only get you into the 300-350 hp range on a GSR B18? wouldnt you need the T-60/62 etc for the extra airflow to put it closer to the 400 plus range?

Come on guys its only math you pump enough air and fuel into the motor and it will make power wether you like it or not. (hint you can put turbos on anything, even an LTx motor)

The thing is if you have enough ambition and know how you can make power with anything. A Honda responds very well to the boost yes, if you don't like it add some forged pistons to your LTX motor and see how 10 #s of boost feels in your own car. ( I am presently planning a single turbo set-up for my car, should be done by NEXT christmas)

nah, the turbo I just showed you can make over 500 on the t3 housing and over 600 with a t4 housing. 350hp turbo is more like a mitusbishi 18g turbo. even small to4b's can make over 400hp
Old 08-06-2004, 02:35 PM

I'll register your car here for ya and you can do whatever you want
Hehe, DONT TEMPT ME!! I'm saving to buy a house, a TT anything project would kill that idea pretty quickly! lol

Besides, wouldn't the local cops give me crap about having out of state tags all the time?
Old 08-06-2004, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by RawAzzLT1
nah, the turbo I just showed you can make over 500 on the t3 housing and over 600 with a t4 housing. 350hp turbo is more like a mitusbishi 18g turbo. even small to4b's can make over 400hp
Thanks for the info, I am saving now for a single Garret GT35. I know my ambitions arent too high, but with a low 8 to 10 PSI on my cubes I should be able to make a good 500 rwhp @ 5800 to 6000 rpm.

How is your projects coming along anyway?
Old 08-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info, I am saving now for a single Garret GT35. I know my ambitions arent too high, but with a low 8 to 10 PSI on my cubes I should be able to make a good 500 rwhp @ 5800 to 6000 rpm.

How is your projects coming along anyway?

get the GT35R it flows better and comes with an E housing. once spooled it wont stop pulling.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Banned

That setup looks very agressive for just 10.9's. minus that t4/t04e. most race cars are pushing t4/72 turbos. not saying I dont beleive you but thats kinda odd that he is using a street turbo on a race car. also that manifold has never been used before. has he ran that setup yet?

Last edited by RawAzzLT1; 08-06-2004 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gos2Slo
Besides, wouldn't the local cops give me crap about having out of state tags all the time?
But you'd be the talk of the town with your Oklahoma plates...lol
Old 08-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by robvas
Of course he ran it, where do you think the time/MPH came from? God you're stupid.

I meant ran the setup in the pic. as opposed to another setup that could have ran those times. that manifold has never seen heat. why is it when a honda beats a domestic on this board you get so hostile?
Old 08-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Banned

I'm not being hostile, you're just an annoying ****. I know Hondas can be fast. I don't care. I was posting a link to show some other people what a setup thats actually going to do something, looks like.

You're like the ****ing Jehovas Witnesses, telling us all **** we don't care about and don't want to hear. Go away!
your're free to not read my posts. if you dont like it deal with it you crybaby

oh btw.. hondas can be very fast
Old 08-06-2004, 03:21 PM

No doubt hondas are fast, but saying they are better then pony cars in drag racing and makeing power is stupid. Its 10 times harder to get them to make the HP/torque and even harder to get them to run the times a V8 can. Take my LS1 for example. I ran 11.50s@120 with nitto drag radials $300, whisper lid$100, and a flowmaster catback$300, some colder spark plugs $20. . And a dry kit spraying a 150 shot, and STOCK tune and weight. Then i drove it all the way back home 2 hours and ran it again in the street every weekend for a long time. Its hard to beat that bang for buck wise. Besides the nitrous those are common things done everyone has so its as street car as you can possibly be. But that was pretty simple for me, the hardest part was actualy very fun. Getting good 60fts. Noone with a honda can do it that simple.

Last edited by KamaroL98; 08-06-2004 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:23 AM

Raw and 87Cam are clueless retarded monkeys. Have you guys ever been to the dragstrip? V8s own big time. 4 cylinders don't have a snowballs chance in hell against an equally modded V8. I have NEVER been to the track and not seen the fastest car as a V8, and I have gone 100s of times for 15+ years. Raw, let's compare a near stock daily driver 14 second Mustang to a 9.5 second turboed to within an inch of it's life, barely streetable "street car." People have gone 13.6s in bone stock cars like mine. With my mods they have gone high 12s to low 13s. I just don't drive as good as them. The fastest bone stock Civic (for sale in america) has gone what, mid 15s? About a 2 second difference. What do you think would happen if my Stang had the same mods as the 9.5 second Civic? I would run 8s or better. And this 350 whp 'teg that runs low 12s at 120. It only takes an LS1 tires and a 150 shot to beat this "great" 'teg on the strip, highway or anywhere in a straight line. So the LS1 needed $1000 worth of brand new parts and the 'teg needs $4000+ worth of brand new parts. Like I said earlier, small engines suck, Hondas suck, Civics suck, and fwd sucks compared to big engines, Stangs and Camaros and rwd for drag racing. The only place these Civics shine is fuel economy and reliability.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:22 PM

so I've had my answer over a span of more than a dozen pages. just like I thought, too: it's not practical to create a quick Civic. there are no particular advantages to doing so and there's too much money to be spent. oh, and your car looks like ***. I actually like the plain-Jane look of a Civic (GASP), but it definitely doesn't look race-inspired. especially the RSX, with its tagline being "if only the world were as (potato sack) race inspired". oh the irony...

time and time again, I keep asking myself: where does the Civic fit in? Civics are the "every other car" you see. when someone thinks rice, their mind automatically shifts to a Civic with an identity crisis. when someone asks for a good car with great MPGs, you want to say "get a Civic". when your girlfriend complains that she's tired of "falling into" your f-car rather than "getting into", you're going to want to get her a Civic (or Mustang ). a Civic is the basic definition of car which is meant to house two distinct things: an I4 and 4 asses - and one purpose: to get from A to B without spending (C x 10) on gas.

I could definitely respect the money and work that goes into making a fast Civ but aside from that, you're looking at a guy bitten hard by the modbug while looking in the wrong direction. I wouldn't be a sore loser and laugh if a Civic burned me, but I would be questioning why he didn't take at least a V6 and put even more car lengths on me. although it doesn't happen all the time, it's not a groundbreaking thing for an I4 to toast a V8.

why not own cars that are purpose-built? which is why I want to own a Civic one day, but definitely not for the intents and purposes spoken here. they make great daily drivers, and they're awesome for

Originally Posted by Steve Y
fuel economy and reliability.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
so I've had my answer over a span of more than a dozen pages. just like I thought, too: it's not practical to create a quick Civic. there are no particular advantages to doing so and there's too much money to be spent. oh, and your car looks like ***. I actually like the plain-Jane look of a Civic (GASP), but it definitely doesn't look race-inspired. especially the RSX, with its tagline being "if only the world were as (potato sack) race inspired". oh the irony...

time and time again, I keep asking myself: where does the Civic fit in? Civics are the "every other car" you see. when someone thinks rice, their mind automatically shifts to a Civic with an identity crisis. when someone asks for a good car with great MPGs, you want to say "get a Civic". when your girlfriend complains that she's tired of "falling into" your f-car rather than "getting into", you're going to want to get her a Civic (or Mustang ). a Civic is the basic definition of car which is meant to house two distinct things: an I4 and 4 asses - and one purpose: to get from A to B without spending (C x 10) on gas.

I could definitely respect the money and work that goes into making a fast Civ but aside from that, you're looking at a guy bitten hard by the modbug while looking in the wrong direction. I wouldn't be a sore loser and laugh if a Civic burned me, but I would be questioning why he didn't take at least a V6 and put even more car lengths on me. although it doesn't happen all the time, it's not a groundbreaking thing for an I4 to toast a V8.

why not own cars that are purpose-built? which is why I want to own a Civic one day, but definitely not for the intents and purposes spoken here. they make great daily drivers, and they're awesome for
Amen! Somebody who knows what he is talking about. Civics are better than Stangs and F-bodies for gas mileage, daily drivers, reliability, smoothness, and practicality. They are worse for drag racers. Yes Civics can be very fast, but the Stang or F-body would be a lot faster given the same mods.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:39 AM

You're like the ****ing Jehovas Witnesses, telling us all **** we don't care about and don't want to hear. Go away!
HA! He is kinda like the Jehovas Witnesses.

RawAzz: "Hello sir, can I talk to you about the bible?"
Pentatonic: "The bible, well I thi..."
RawAzz: "It's the bible of sport compact racing!"
Pentatonic: "I'm a devout American muscl..."
RawAzz: "You followers of the Chevy cross are being mislead! Did you know that Honda Civics are the only way to automotive salvation? "
Pentatonic: "I'm not quite sure if I believe tha..."
RawAzz: "Oh you will! It's all right here in the color newspaper-style pamphlet. All the answers to your questions are here, including the question of the dreaded eternal engine fire!"
Pentatonic: "Look bro, I'm in the middle of making myself pancakes, I gotta go"