CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Track Kill Stories (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/track-kill-stories-15/)
-   -   Super Charged 98' Cobra against Civic with a lil' Turbo. (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/track-kill-stories-15/super-charged-98-cobra-against-civic-lil-turbo-286423/)

KamaroL98 07-27-2004 08:36 PM

Super Charged 98' Cobra against Civic with a lil' Turbo.

my friends supercharged 1997 Cobra, i think its a vortech or paxton, got WALKED by a little civic with a turbo last weekend, and the civic had 3 people in it!!! The cobra only had me rideing shot gun.

From a 40mph roll, it wasent close the civic killed us each time by like 3-5 cars. Pulled easy, shot off like a bullet. We went from other various rolls and the cobra jsut couldnt touch the civic from a roll..
Then i got them to go from a stop, it was a DEAD even drivers race. They both spun, but the civic jumped out a car on the cobra out of the hole. Then the cobra reeled him in and it stayed even until 120, the cobra mabey had him by a fender before the civic let out, but did win by an inch none the less. The whole time i was lurching back and fourth trying to build momentum for the cobra, lol. :D Good race, those lil' civics are getting kinda quick. I kind of expected the cobra to be a tad quicker with a charger. :)

NightWindDriftr 07-27-2004 08:51 PM

Re: Super Charged 98' Cobra against Civic with a lil' Turbo.

Originally Posted by KamaroL98
The whole time i was lurching back and fourth trying to build momentum for the cobra, lol. :D

:lol:

not everyday do you see a Honda burn a Cobra. he gets respect for it, but the fact remains... it's just a Honda.

why can't people make fast cars out of fast cars?

Steve Y 07-27-2004 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
:lol:

not everyday do you see a Honda burn a Cobra. he gets respect for it, but the fact remains... it's just a Honda.

why can't people make fast cars out of fast cars?

Exactly! :bow: Why can't people make fast cars out of fast or nice cars? I could strap a jet pack to the pile of dog sh*t in my front yard and I'd have a fast pile of dog sh*t, but who would care?

KamaroL98 07-27-2004 09:37 PM

Some people just like to make something thats not suppose to go fast, fast i guess. :p I give em respect, and personially think a fast honda is cool. But domestic V8s are my thang. :D Its not like this honda was riced out, it was nice and clean, trastful rims and tinted windows, and looked stock except for an intercooler takeing up all the space in the front grill area. :cool:

warwickbass 07-27-2004 09:40 PM

Racing in a Civic is like racing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

KamaroL98 07-27-2004 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by warwickbass
Racing in a Civic is like racing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Yes, but that retard would be the man if he beat lance armstrong.

Antz97ZNJ 07-27-2004 10:02 PM

Thats one fast civic

LT1ponykilla 07-28-2004 09:05 AM

I can believe it. Theres a newer Integra here with a turbo making about 400RWHP and only weighs about 2700lbs.

stereomandan 07-28-2004 12:14 PM

I don't understand how he waxed the Cobra so bad from a roll, but all the way up to 120 from a stop it was even. The Civic should have pulled again.

The Cobra must have been in the wrong gear for each of the races from a roll.

Dan

desertfox 07-28-2004 02:44 PM

Yes the Civic is around 2700 lb. and much lighter than our car, but it has less than the half of the engine than the Cobra or Camaro. So I think the Civic deserve the respect in this case. I know it is not feel good to loose a race, especially when you drive a muscle, and a Civic get you. :rolleyes:

gt40 07-28-2004 03:25 PM

as usual, the ones with cars that will get smoked beyond belief by this Civic are the ones who makes fun of it.

all late model Mustangs and Cobras (except the '05) are nothing more than a 1978 Ford Fairmont with big engines, bigger brakes and bigger tires. your car is built out of a 25 yr old design.

maybe one day, some of you will be able to afford a new C5 and then look down on Fbody and Mustang owners like they do at www.corvetteforums.com

or better yet, get a used Viper so you can badmouth the 'Vettes, Fbodies and Mustangs.

but you'll never be in the Lamborghini club...they think all cars underneath are POS especially when one of their's costs about 100 times more than one of yours.

NightWindDriftr 07-28-2004 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by gt40
as usual, the ones with cars that will get smoked beyond belief by this Civic are the ones who makes fun of it.

all late model Mustangs and Cobras (except the '05) are nothing more than a 1978 Ford Fairmont with big engines, bigger brakes and bigger tires. your car is built out of a 25 yr old design.

maybe one day, some of you will be able to afford a new C5 and then look down on Fbody and Mustang owners like they do at www.corvetteforums.com

or better yet, get a used Viper so you can badmouth the 'Vettes, Fbodies and Mustangs.

but you'll never be in the Lamborghini club...they think all cars underneath are POS especially when one of their's costs about 100 times more than one of yours.

you make some legitimate points, however:

1. A Civic is an econobox.
2. The C5 and F-body share similar engines.
3. A Viper is built with the same go-fast ideas that F-bodies, Stangs, and Corvettes were. Just with a bigger engine.
4. Lamborghinis are classified as supercars, and you get what you pay for.

what am I getting at? Civics are an econobox, the rest aren't.

Patrick96Z28 07-28-2004 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Y
Exactly! :bow: Why can't people make fast cars out of fast or nice cars? I could strap a jet pack to the pile of dog sh*t in my front yard and I'd have a fast pile of dog sh*t, but who would care?

LMFAO.... Ain't that the truth!!! :lol:

americanmusscle 07-28-2004 05:44 PM

Was the civic riced out or did it look like a sleeper?

TQdrivenws6 07-28-2004 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Y

Actually I think that would be awesome to see...

So..uh...whats that $hit run?