Hell no. You can bring you own.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:55 PM

Re: Putting together a "Motor City Detail Day"

Originally Posted by JasonD
Hell no. You can bring you own.
TOO FUNNY!!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Seems fun. Im in and I could bring a couple people probably.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 89 camaroRS
Seems fun. Im in and I could bring a couple people probably.

Okay, you are 10. We are half full! Please let me know how many other cars you plan to have with you, space is limited!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:32 AM

This is looking more and more like a reunion! I'd be surprised that when word gets out you if you dont fill up fast, then have people bangin' on the doors to get in. Denny, you, Jake, Rod, lots of long-timers. It's already gotten my excited enough to get crackin' on the Trans Am again... Boy was I ever in a hole for this past year.

Hey, it looks like I'm going to need some tuning help this spring. I'm converting the Trans Am over from batch fire EFI to full sequential, plus mulling the possibility of a slight cam change and some new valve springs. I think six more degrees of duration and two more degrees of lobe separation angle might help wake it up a touch more without losing much low-end. It turns out Comp Cams latest XFI grind is nearly exactly the same thing as my "custom cam grind" with those two exceptions. Of course, my cam was ground in 1999... but I'm digressing from the subject of this thread, which is , of course, how to find bacon flavored soda to drink while we run our buffing wheels..

Oh, one request: If we are banning sixties & fifties rock & roll, could we also skip past the early 90's nirvana angst rant music as well?? I'm afraid I am just a touch too old for that stuff nowdays and it makes my blood pressure fluctuate in a bad way. I do have twenty or thirty different RUSH CDs I could bring -
Old 04-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by ws6transam
This is looking more and more like a reunion! I'd be surprised that when word gets out you if you dont fill up fast, then have people bangin' on the doors to get in.
That's why I am asking people to claim their spot, because if we are out of room and people try to park in the adjacent parking lot that we don't have control over...they risk being asked to not park there.

It is in a public place, but semi-out of the way.

Hey, it looks like I'm going to need some tuning help this spring.
I am sure you could poll the people there and get their opinion on who to go with.

but I'm digressing from the subject of this thread, which is , of course, how to find bacon flavored soda to drink while we run our buffing wheels..
From here:
http://www.jonessoda.com/wordpress/u...soda-its-here/
BACON SODA HAS BEEN RETIRED. THERE ARE NO PLANS TO MAKE MORE AT THIS TIME.
I am sure you could make your own. Can't taste any worse than the "real deal" from Jones.

Oh, one request: If we are banning sixties & fifties rock & roll, could we also skip past the early 90's nirvana angst rant music as well?? I'm afraid I am just a touch too old for that stuff nowdays and it makes my blood pressure fluctuate in a bad way. I do have twenty or thirty different RUSH CDs I could bring -
There is a local station that plays a decent variety of stuff that is good for everyone (93.1, DOUG FM). It is one of those "we play everything" radio stations. I find myself listening to it often because the mix is just right. We won't have a PA system or anything like that...no need. I figure a few cars could tune to the station and have it just loud enough to where no one has to shout over it. We don't want to make a spectacle or draw too much outside attention.

One thing I should probably add...
The local police sometimes sit in this parking lot to pop speeders as the street it is one has a low speed limit. I am sure they will stop in and say hello. They are decent to us so it isn't a big deal, but I think it might be a good idea to mention ahead of time.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:35 AM

I can bring about 2 or 3 other people than me. Im sure a Sunfire (yes a sunfire) would want to. Hes a buddy from work and loves muscle cars and is currently thinking about getting a 3rd gen or 2nd gen. The other one is an 84 Z28 with 383, and the last might be (if he still has it) a 1992 Firebird.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:17 PM

I can make the rain date, though I know I will be out of town for work on the weekend of the 14th.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:16 PM

Hey Jason - if there's still space available, count me in. I devoted some time towards the electrical on the car today and all I could think was "dang this thing needs a good detail!"
Old 04-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

Meissen...you are 11!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Admin Emeritus

Exclamation Re: Putting together a "Motor City Detail Day"

More info on the gig...
  • If there are "pit vehicles" etc, there is a parking lot across the street that can be used so they don't take up space in the "detail area".
  • Likewise...if we do have to go over 20 cars...we can attempt to use the adjacent parking lot...but that is another business and we don't want to overdo it or press our luck too much. Having said that, I am raising my limit to 25.
  • The owner of the business we are using is kinda excited about this, he may be there with his car. I am also working on getting a special guest or two, just to join us in the fun.
  • Right around May 7, everyone who has claimed a space will get a PM from me here on this site with the complete info. So make sure you are watching for it. I am keeping the info private because I don't want too many people to show up and we don't have room for them in the lot. I'd feel bad.
  • So...if you haven't claimed a space or seen me post confirmation of your "number", let me know so I don't accidentally miss your claim!
  • As I always like to give stuff away, even at little events like this...I will have some door prizes! Your claim number is your entry, and I will randomly pick numbers using random.org and issue prizes. How cool am I? Very...very cool, methinks.

How about a hint of at least one thing I will be giving away? It starts with Z and ends with o.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:26 AM

I don't even smoke but Zippo makes some really cool lighters. Excited!!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by AutoRoc
I don't even smoke but Zippo makes some really cool lighters. Excited!!
LIKE!

but Im bettin it ain 't no zippo.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by rod442
LIKE!

but Im bettin it ain 't no zippo.
but just as cool!

+2
Old 04-10-2011, 07:57 AM

Can I get a 'number' for the rain date?