LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LTCC Problems =(

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 01:13 PM
Banned

LTCC Problems =(

heres the deal...

i hooked up the WHITE wire from the LTCC box to the OUTPUT wire of the STOCK ignition module (the one that goes TO THE STOCK coil) the car would run but i would get code 4 from the LTCC box NO SES LIGHT and the car would sputter below 2500 but once it got above 2500 it would be ok!

BUT.. if i hooked the white wire to the INPUT wire of the stock ignition module like it says your supposed to i would get NO codes from the LTCC box but i get an SES light CODE 41 (ignition control circuit open!) but the car ran fine except for the fact that id be running around with an SES light on all the time not exactly the way i like to do things

so i dunno what to do with this thing.. would it be ok to run around with a code 41?? doesnt the ECM automatically put the car in LIMP MODE for ANY SES LIGHT???

Last edited by InjectedSS; 07-28-2003 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:14 PM

Have you contacted the vendor? What was their response?
Old 07-27-2003, 04:13 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Josh-'97 WS6
Have you contacted the vendor? What was their response?
geez dont even get me started on that

as helpful as people have said bob has been.. while he was trying to help he just didnt seem very knowledgable about his lil black box not to mention its just not fun trying to trouble shoot thru email and seeing as how he said he was never near a phone i really didnt get ANYWHERE with him
Old 07-27-2003, 05:30 PM

InjectedSS i was wondering, i saw awhile back you had this advertised for sale for 500. I was wondering if you were still interested in selling your LTCC setup for that? Let me know,
Dan
Old 07-27-2003, 05:45 PM

Hey man. I have the LTCC box w/o a single problem (after I messed up the first one by putting the LTCC white wire on the "other" wire to the ignition coil). Let's establish what is where.

2 Pink wires - soldered to 12v side of stock coils weather pack plug(main harness side).

1 White wire - soldered to the White wire on the Ignition Control Module(Main Harness side).

1 Yellow Wire - Goes to two step/window switch(unused in my application so taped up and secured out of the way)

Stock weatherpack connectors to coil and ignition control module are unplugged from coil and ICM and secured out of the way.

So, if all wires are attached as described and each coils harness has it's ground ring securely bolted to a good ground, the wiring of that part will be correct.

If your opti harness plug is like mine, the opti harness intersection where you interface the LTCC male/female combo plug, there's a channel or ridge that won't let the plug go together. I had to use my dremel with a small cutting wheel to cut the channel into the plug so that everything would go together.

Assuming all is well so far, take the cover off the LTCC box and turn on the key to the 'On' position. Now look in the box. Are either/both of the RED/GREEN LED's illuminated? They are supposed to come on briefly during 'key on'. After that 'test' lighting, they should go out. When I farked up the first LTCC box's wiring of the white wire, both LED's staying on. As soon as I told Turbo Bob that, he knew I'd fried a chip and told me to ship it back to him. I did, he fixed it, he shipped it back. All for no charge. I did pay for the priority mail to him but he fixed it and shipped it back 2 day FedEx at no charge to me. Let me know what you find after checking all these points.
Dave

Last edited by DirtyDaveW; 08-22-2003 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:02 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DirtyDaveW
Hey man. I have the LTCC box w/o a single problem (after I messed up the first one by putting the LTCC white wire on the "other" wire to the ignition coil. Let's establish what is where.

2 Pink wires - soldered to 12v side of stock coils weather pack plug(main harness side).

1 White wire - soldered to the White wire on the Ignition Control Module(Main Harness side).

1 Yellow Wire - Goes to two step/window switch(unused in my application so taped up and secured out of the way)

Stock weatherpack connectors to coil and ignition control module are unplugged from coil and ICM and secured out of the way.

So, if all wires are attached as described and each coils harness has it's ground ring securely bolted to a good ground, the wiring of that part will be correct.

If your opti harness plug is like mine, the opti harness intersection where you interface the LTCC male/female combo plug, there's a channel or ridge that won't let the plug go together. I had to use my dremel with a small cutting wheel to cut the channel into the plug so that everything would go together.

Assuming all is well so far, take the cover off the LTCC box and turn on the key to the 'On' position. Now look in the box. Are either/both of the RED/GREEN LED's illuminated? They are supposed to come on briefly during 'key on'. After that 'test' lighting, they should go out. When I farked up the first LTCC box's wiring of the white wire, both LED's staying on. As soon as I told Turbo Bob that, he knew I'd fried a chip and told me to ship it back to him. I did, he fixed it, he shipped it back. All for no charge. I did pay for the priority mail to him but he fixed it and shipped it back 2 day FedEx at no charge to me. Let me know what you find after checking all these points.
Dave
i saw your post in a search and read what happened to you but thats nothing like whats going on here! as i described above either the car gets an ses light if i hook it up one way or i get a code from the LTCC box if i hook it up the other way!

i had to do that SAME trick u did with the dremel cause my connector wouldnt go together either! the bottom part of the connector had to be cut a lil so it would slide in
Old 07-28-2003, 10:42 PM
Banned

well bob is coming around for me on this matter and i have sent it back to him overnight at his cost and hes going to get it back to me by the end of the week... now thats more like the customer service that i wanted to see
Old 07-28-2003, 11:22 PM

Cool! That's great. Keep us posted on what Bob finds.
Dave
Old 07-28-2003, 11:34 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DirtyDaveW
Cool! That's great. Keep us posted on what Bob finds.
Dave
you should send bob a copy of your install info! thats good sh*t for anyone who just bought an LTCC box! from the looks of it i would have thought you were the brains behind the LTCC