LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LTCC install progress and optispark "minimization"

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 07:26 PM

LTCC install progress and optispark "minimization"

OK here's some first pictures of some very rough prototypes of my LTCC install with coils under the fuel rail covers and a modified optispark which removes the rotor and cap and will leave only the optics.

The coils will mount under the fuel rail covers and only the plug wires will come out from underneath. I took some of our stock long fuel rail covers and "unbent" them to fit around. It will take minimal modifications to our existing program to make them work.

The coils are joined together with (3) 2" long 3/8" .049 aluminum tubing and a piece of threaded rod binding them together. The coils will be "squeezed" into place using the fuel rail covers. I'll see if I can't build in some type of mounting system under the fuel rail cover to hold them solidly. The LTCC brain box will go where my old Mallory was in front of the PCM.

I have another dead opti I will disassemble and get the opti wheel and rotor to a machine shop to start making a "washer" to replace the rotor but hold down the opticals with the stock screws. The hole in the stock white plastic piece will be sealed using a simple sticker, should be effective and cheap...

Here's the pics:

Last edited by mtxpert; 05-22-2004 at 07:48 PM.