LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Anyone ever heard of ADVANCED INDUCTION??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
It's not, just to clear that up.

I hope he does well though once he figures out his clutch issues.

In the meantime, I get to keep rippin' on him
Hmm ok I was wondering about that because the stories were so close but I noticed some of the info wasn't right. On Ai's site it says 355, which doesn't match SD's car, and it says 428rwhp and I though SD's car made 429rwhp. The swapping from a competitors product and picking up a lot of hp I guess is consistent though. I'd bet that was another LE story.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Z95m6
Hmm ok I was wondering about that because the stories were so close but I noticed some of the info wasn't right. On Ai's site it says 355, which doesn't match SD's car, and it says 428rwhp and I though SD's car made 429rwhp. The swapping from a competitors product and picking up a lot of hp I guess is consistent though. I'd bet that was another LE story.
That's not me, but he did do the same swap as me.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:06 PM

*shrug*

trapping 120 mph through a ford 9" and a 4000 stall in a full weight I wouldn't doubt my car is making similar power with lloyd's stuff.

i don't care about dyno's though so...

I know.. I know.. my car is a one off miracle LE car.. do dee do..

Whateva, my ****'s quick. How 'bout yours?
Old 03-14-2008, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by 89385formula
Its not an argument at all, its the facts.
What's the facts? You feel it is a "fact" that a CNC head should be cheaper than a hand ported head because you believe it magically, "bing badda boom shazam" cuts costs?
My point was a CNC'd head is only as good as the master port which was clear in my statement. Whats your point or are you just trying to find something to argue about again?
I must be. You are typing the absolute obvious and I am having great difficulty understanding what you state having anything to do with this thread? Do you believe mass producing hand ported heads is better than going the CNC route? Help me understand your logic.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by SS RRR
How you match the contours of that port w/ a gasket that effectively seals is beyond me... How about the intake? Is it port matched or is it one of those "port matching the intake to the heads is not important..." things I've read so many times on this board...
my intake is ported to my heads, i am not stupid. and i personally matched the gasket to the heads, which i must say was very simple with a dremel and a sanding wheel
Old 03-14-2008, 10:47 PM

It is amazing Speed Demon could ever get setup to seal.
i dont understand what you mean, have you not ever matched gaskets before, its quite simple actually, but judging by your posts i can see how you might have a problem with that....

i honestly dont understand how you guys get off thinking one head job is better than another judging by how pretty it is are you really stupid enough to belive it flows better cause it looks better

lets get one thing straight i dont think one is better than the other, straight up, but speed_demon is the last thing you want to judge it by, he is a kid who obviously screwed up his geometry and his LE heads, how can you judge his power with his LE heads when his geometry was so far off it ruined, what was it 17 out of 18 guides , and not only did he swap heads he swapped cams, but that does not matter right

seriously i got praise for anyone going fast, LE or AI, seriously. but you bashers need to get your **** straight.

and anyone who thinks one head is better than another one due to looks is just an idiot
Old 03-14-2008, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by dangalla
my intake is ported to my heads, i am not stupid. and i personally matched the gasket to the heads, which i must say was very simple with a dremel and a sanding wheel
I'd like to see the ports on the intake if possible. Any pics? How about of the intake gaskets after you port matched them?
You are absolutely positive the gaskets are sealing?
Old 03-14-2008, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by SS RRR
I'd like to see the ports on the intake if possible. Any pics? How about of the intake gaskets after you port matched them?
You are absolutely positive the gaskets are sealing?
absolutely positive, i dont know if i took any pics of the intake but i will gladly look around for you. i am sure that i did not take pics of the gaskets though. i sent the intake out with the heads to be matched to them

and seriously thank you for being civil with me
Old 03-14-2008, 10:57 PM

This SH** makes me sick.....

I have a heads cam combo in the works from one of the above shops.
I guess I will have to see the results myself. All this arguing makes me second guess my shop choice.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:09 PM

i dont understand what you mean, have you not ever matched gaskets before, its quite simple actually, but judging by your posts i can see how you might have a problem with that....

i honestly dont understand how you guys get off thinking one head job is better than another judging by how pretty it is are you really stupid enough to belive it flows better cause it looks better

lets get one thing straight i dont think one is better than the other, straight up, but speed_demon is the last thing you want to judge it by, he is a kid who obviously screwed up his geometry and his LE heads, how can you judge his power with his LE heads when his geometry was so far off it ruined, what was it 17 out of 18 guides , and not only did he swap heads he swapped cams, but that does not matter right
If you're gaskets looked similar to your ports then you got some really sh!tty gaskets. Most gaskets are uniform unlike most of these LE ports. Seriously look at how thin the walls dividing the ports are, you expect that crap to seal? I already explained it on what the ports look like. I personally just think its fun that most LE guys pay more for something thats been show a few times to perform less than Ai's CNC stuff. While at the same time looking like something a 10 year old kid a grinder worked over.
I also thought Speed Demon had two shops that looked at the guides and said that they cracked because they were installed incorrectly.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:18 PM

If you're gaskets looked similar to your ports then you got some really sh!tty gaskets.
no your not understanding, my gaskets were EXACT to my ports, because i matched them myself. its a very simple concept actually

but on to you now, what experience do you have in this situation, or are you just running your mouth with no qualifications like i think because you are running a BRE cam right, a cam that most in this argument would say is junk.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:21 PM

If you're gaskets looked similar to your ports then you got some really sh!tty gaskets. Most gaskets are uniform unlike most of these LE ports. Seriously look at how thin the walls dividing the ports are, you expect that crap to seal? I already explained it on what the ports look like. I personally just think its fun that most LE guys pay more for something thats been show a few times to perform less than Ai's CNC stuff. While at the same time looking like something a 10 year old kid a grinder worked over.
I also thought Speed Demon had two shops that looked at the guides and said that they cracked because they were installed incorrectly.
This is true. I'm not a machinist so I left it up to the experts to go over the heads.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
This is true. I'm not a machinist so I left it up to the experts to go over the heads.
at this point you must realize that those shops had something to gain by telling you that right? you must realize that one or two might have been a QC problem but all 17, come on, you screwed up just admit it

and for the third time, what was your trap speed in that monster of yours, and the cam specs on that bad *** dyno run no lie those numbers impress me
Old 03-14-2008, 11:41 PM

at this point you must realize that those shops had something to gain by telling you that right? you must realize that one or two might have been a QC problem but all 17, come on, you screwed up just admit it
The shop would probably tell him he F'ed up. That way if they would do the work it wouldn't happen again, and Speed Demon would come back saying you do the shop does crappy work.
As for me I've personally seen LE heads and stored them in my garage for a buddy. These were the heads where one head was gasket matched and the other wasn't. I personally have Ai heads, and I currently have a BRE cam. I guess that probably means I've personally seen both products and inspected them myself.
I probably should of gone with an Ai cam, but at the time it was more expensive and wasn't actually a custom grind. It was designed to work with the specific heads not the specific application (ex. gears, torque range.) I bought into the fact that BRE would be spec'ing a cam specifically for my application only to find out that there are only about 3 different BRE cams.

Last edited by Z95m6; 03-14-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:46 PM

As for me I've personally seen LE heads and stored them in my garage for a buddy. These were the heads where one head was gasket matched and the other wasn't.
what are you talking about, the heads are not matched to the gasket, you match the gasket to the head. and seriously at this point pics or it is just bashing

Quick Reply: Anyone ever heard of ADVANCED INDUCTION??