LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Anyone ever heard of ADVANCED INDUCTION??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by BTC
What's the big difference between LE and AI? Does Lloyd do all of his porting by hand, whereas with AI it's all done by machine?
Ai's stuff is done with CNC machines and LE's by hand. Years ago Ai use to be $3-500 more expensive than LE for heads so everyone went with LE because they claimed they were getting the same or better power for less money. No one ever really had proof until in the last year where Speed Demon used both products and had a significant difference in performance between the two = Ai > LE. Also in all my years on the Board I've never seen a complaint about Ai as far as workman ship but I've seen many about LE's, cracked guides, port wall too thin, less than symmetrical ports. Currently Ai's prices are the same or better than LE's so LE guys try to defend their decision on who to use. The only complaint I've ever seen about Ai was once Phil didn't wouldn't work on a set of heads for a guy because Phil thought the guy was to difficult to work with so he sent him his money back and said I won't work on your stuff. Thats basically the Ai vs LE debate for as long as I've been on the board.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:25 PM

setting up geometry properly is a key part of making power

so i guess before cnc machines no one made power right, you guys should tell your cnc argument to all the people who dont use one
Old 03-14-2008, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by dangalla
so i guess before cnc machines no one made power right, you guys should tell your cnc argument to all the people who dont use one
I don't think any of us said that. Its just funny that for a $100 less you can get heads that are done by an "inferior" CNC machine and look perfect. The "inferior" CNC heads will also out perform the hand butchered ones big time, as proven by Speed Demon.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:42 PM

The good news is there are other people that do hand porting and the ports don't look butchered. I know, cause I have a set on my car.

These are not LE heads, they are CHS heads.

I'm not bashing LE, in fact he did an excellent job on my intake.

I'm just showing that there are options out there for hand porting other than LE

Last edited by Colin91Z; 03-14-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:44 PM

If this isn't proof I don't know what is. They are all the same heads, supposidly they are ported equally, but none of them come close to even looking the same. So much for consistency.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Colin91Z
The good news is there are other people that do hand porting and the ports don't look butchered. I know, cause I have a set on my car.

These are not LE heads, they are CHS heads.
Those are some nice looking heads, Colin. They really put LE's hand ported stuff to shame.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Z95m6
Those are some nice looking heads, Colin. They really put LE's hand ported stuff to shame.
Thanks, I like them They looked a little different than when I bolted them to my motor though, just cause I upgraded my springs, rocker studs, and added guide plates though

For the record, I've seen some nice stuff from LE...so not everyones heads look like speed-demon's. Javier's heads are a good example.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:06 PM

For the record, I've seen some nice stuff from LE...so not everyones heads look like speed-demon's. Javier's heads are a good example.
That's exactly my point, it's VERY inconsistent. With a CNC'd head they copy their "perfect" port that they could spend countless hours on, so every port in every head they produce has the best possible port which is exactly the same as the one next to it.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:14 PM

I wished you would of seen Brads, LE heads that one was gasket matched and the other wasn't. Damn I still laugh about that! You're doing great with your heads and maybe you can start getting CHS some business pushed his way. He needs to become a sponsor and have you promote his stuff.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
If this isn't proof I don't know what is. They are all the same heads, supposidly they are ported equally, but none of them come close to even looking the same. So much for consistency.

Well not to pick a fight with u, but ur squigly lined gaskets hack job was already like that before u sent them to Lloyd....the proof is in your own photo gallery here> http://www.putfile.com/album/0/spddmn24

CNC porting is a good way to cut costs of head porting, that doesn't mean the port design or shape that the their "master" port is necessarily better.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Z95m6
He needs to become a sponsor and have you promote his stuff.
Actually, he's working on another set of heads for me right now The heads that I currently have are the thin 561 castings and were ported by him about 4 years ago originally. He has improved quite a bit since then, so I sent him a pair of 374 casting recently for him to put his most up-to-date port work on. He's hoping that people will see how hard my car runs with his heads to drum up some more LT1 work....
Old 03-14-2008, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by 89385formula
Well not to pick a fight with u, but ur squigly lined gaskets hack job was already like that before u sent them to Lloyd....the proof is in your own photo gallery here> http://www.putfile.com/album/0/spddmn24

CNC porting is a good way to cut costs of head porting, that doesn't mean the port design or shape that the their "master" port is necessarily better.
Then why did Lloyd say the previous porting on my heads would have no affect on the outcome of my LE2's? I already posted the emails as proof. The heads are bigger everywhere than they were before. The divider is the most obvious part, or are you that blind? And you can tell they are taller if you compare the height of the port compared to the valve cover rail.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:32 PM

hey speed_demon what was your mph again, you keep avoiding that question?

what are your new cam specs now?
Old 03-14-2008, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Then why did Lloyd say the previous porting on my heads would have no affect on the outcome of my LE2's? I already posted the emails as proof. The heads are bigger everywhere than they were before. The divider is the most obvious part, or are you that blind? And you can tell they are taller if you compare the height of the port compared to the valve cover rail.
U can get all the attitude u want, I could care less. I love the threads where a bunch of guys that don't have a clue decide whose heads are better based on cosmetics. Again I don't know the deal u and Lloyd had nor do i care, my point was that ur "crappy" ported heads(as stated by you) performed quite well on ur car and looked like ****.....
Old 03-14-2008, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by dangalla
hey speed_demon what was your mph again, you keep avoiding that question?

what are your new cam specs now?
I'm pretty sure thats his car on Ai's site that lists a mph of 125.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever heard of ADVANCED INDUCTION??