Access door to change fuel pump - 4th Gen - Page 11 - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

Access door to change fuel pump - 4th Gen

Old 03-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Access door to change fuel pump - 4th Gen

Since you have a convertible, there is a slight difference in the deck above the tank. Check post #122 in this thread for a series if pictures of the convertible deck.

You should add a "signature" to make sure people trying to help know you have a convertible.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1...nature-879835/
Old 03-02-2017, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
Since you have a convertible, there is a slight difference in the deck above the tank. Check post #122 in this thread for a series if pictures of the convertible deck.

You should add a "signature" to make sure people trying to help know you have a convertible.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1...nature-879835/
I saw that post. Only one of his pics show up which is just the trap door replaced. I also found a video on You Tube that a buy has a convertible and did this.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ButchM View Post
I saw that post. Only one of his pics show up which is just the trap door replaced. I also found a video on You Tube that a buy has a convertible and did this.
There are six pictures showing several steps. When the picture opens, there are labels beneath the picture to move to "previous picture" and "next picture". There's even a pic of the air chisel he used.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:15 PM

There are six pictures showing several steps. When the picture opens, there are labels beneath the picture to move to "previous picture" and "next picture". There's even a pic of the air chisel he used.
I see there are supposed to be 6 pictures but there is only one that has a clickable link. The others are an empty square than can't be clicked on.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Please read this carefully.

Yes, there is only one link in post #122 that works. CLICK ON THAT LINK. Ignore the other boxes. When the picture of the hatch cover appears, LOOK BELOW THE PHOTO, in the space BETWEEN the rectangle that forms the photo panel, and the rectangle that defines the "Post Comment" space. In that space between the rectangles are RED labels indicating:

"Last Picture | Next Picture >>"

Clicking on those words moves the photo left or right to reveal the other five photos, one at a time.

I tried this with Chrome, Safari on an iPad, and even a poor old AOL browser, and they all work. If you are using a phone browser, no telling whether it will work of not.

Here's the link, so you don't even have to go back to post #122 and figure it out.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/mem...=gnr-img-album
Old 03-03-2017, 01:49 PM

Please read this carefully.

Yes, there is only one link in post #122 that works. CLICK ON THAT LINK. Ignore the other boxes. When the picture of the hatch cover appears, LOOK BELOW THE PHOTO, in the space BETWEEN the rectangle that forms the photo panel, and the rectangle that defines the "Post Comment" space. In that space between the rectangles are RED labels indicating:

"Last Picture | Next Picture >>"

Clicking on those words moves the photo left or right to reveal the other five photos, one at a time.

I tried this with Chrome, Safari on an iPad, and even a poor old AOL browser, and they all work. If you are using a phone browser, no telling whether it will work of not.

Here's the link, so you don't even have to go back to post #122 and figure it out.

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board - squarehead's Album: Fuel pump trap door pics for 95 convertible - Picture
Got it. Thanks. Sometimes I let all this stress mess up my thinking. My Camaro I can fix with all the help from you guys. My wife's Silverado I gotta have my transmission guy do. He is home from the hospital recovering from pneumonia. I don't do transmissions or transfer cases.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by DirtyDaveW View Post
Mmm... That's mysterious, alright. Primes but no pressure. If you key on, key off say 3 times and crank it, does it start and run for a few seconds, then falter and die? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge you can put on the Schrader valve to see if it's building any pressure whatsoever? What Delphi pump did you use? Do you have a part number?
Why do you ask this? I am having issues with my car. Sometimes it starts, runs for a few minutes then dies. I measured the fuel pressure and when the car does run (about 5 minutes) the pressure gets up to 32psi. If I pull the pressure vacuum then it goes up to 39-42psi. Then the car won't start again for about an hour, when it isn't starting it sounds like it is starving for gas. I have changed the CPS, ICM, fuel filter and the fuel relay. I am going to do the trap door and replace the fuel pump, but your post made me think that you might know something else that could be happening.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

@DirtyDaveW

Originally Posted by zootzee View Post
Why do you ask this? I am having issues with my car. Sometimes it starts, runs for a few minutes then dies. I measured the fuel pressure and when the car does run (about 5 minutes) the pressure gets up to 32psi. If I pull the pressure vacuum then it goes up to 39-42psi. Then the car won't start again for about an hour, when it isn't starting it sounds like it is starving for gas. I have changed the CPS, ICM, fuel filter and the fuel relay. I am going to do the trap door and replace the fuel pump, but your post made me think that you might know something else that could be happening.
If you want to respond to the post immediately above, please do it in the already active thread on this problem:

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1...unning-886836/

We don't need two parallel topics, and this doesn't belong in the "Access door...." thread.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by zootzee View Post
Why do you ask this? .......
DirtyDaveW was responding to the post by sscott immediately above his response.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/fue...0/#post6989216