Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

production next generation Chevy Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 09:29 AM

Re: production next generation Chevy Colorado

Just found this chop on 355.net.

While not great work, it does give an idea of what a lowered, sport version of the new Colorado could look like.

Name:  2014Coloardo.jpg
Views: 2363
Size:  224.0 KB

The guy obviously took some liberties with the design. The biggest one being the exageration of the wheel opening flares. The production model's are no where near that large. I think they look a lot better when they're bigger.
That was one of the problems with the production version of the truck vs. the concept. The wheel opening flares were toned WAY down, and it kinda ruined the truck. Plus the production version lost all of the nice detailing the concept had.

Anyways, I like the chop. Gives a real good idea of what a ZQ8 could look like.
I could own that vehicle.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:01 PM

It would look a lot better with less ghetto chrome wheels and it's slammed way too much. If the do make a truck like that, it should be called "The Hood Rat".
Old 08-05-2012, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Slappy3243
It would look a lot better with less ghetto chrome wheels and it's slammed way too much. If the do make a truck like that, it should be called "The Hood Rat".
I hope that's due to his amateur 'shopping abilities and not because he likes it that low & blingy.

But I agree, it needs to sit a bit higher & sport less blingy wheels.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:32 PM

GM confirms the return of the Canyon.

Breaking: GMC Confirms Next Generation Canyon Truck

This morning Buick-GMC confirmed that GMC will be bringing the Canyon back to the market “sometime in the future.” For competitive purposes, GMC denied releasing further details other than to confirm that it will be a midsize or smaller truck and built alongside the upcoming Chevrolet Colorado at GM’s Wentzville, Missouri assembly plant.

Buick-GMC vice president of marketing Tony DiSalle also made the statement, “The Canyon will be a GMC through and through.”

DiSalle’s comment suggests that the new Canyon will not just be a new Colorado in GMC skin, but rather a unique offering. The original Canyon launched in 2004 as a rebadged variant of the Chevrolet Colorado. Both trucks remained largely unchanged outside of minor updates and revised engines in 2007.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:15 AM

I don't think it looks too bad, if they offer one in the diesel motor that will get just as good as my jeep, ill sell it and buy one of these for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I405
Old 09-23-2012, 01:07 PM

This morning Buick-GMC confirmed that GMC will be bringing the Canyon back to the market %u201Csometime in the future.%u201D For competitive purposes, GMC denied releasing further details other than to confirm that it will be a midsize or smaller truck and built alongside the upcoming Chevrolet Colorado at GM%u2019s Wentzville, Missouri assembly plant.

DiSalle%u2019s comment suggests that the new Canyon will not just be a new Colorado in GMC skin, but rather a unique offering.
Assuming this is actually true... Are we talking about a colorado like we've already seen... and maybe the granite (canyon) on the colorado chassis??? A lot of people are not happy the Avalanche is leaving...
Old 09-24-2012, 05:26 PM

The New Eqirado takes "Sissy Truck" to a whole new level. This new monstrosity makes me wanna love (hold it up on my shoulders and bring flowers to it)the current/previous monstrosity and I loathe the current/previous one.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:45 AM

GM's next-gen mid-size pickups to bow next year
The new trucks will succeed the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Caynon, but Reuss says GM hasn't decided if those nameplates will necessarily carryover to the new models.

"We're researching the names as we do any new products to see where the legacy names are, do they mean something to people," Reuss told The Detroit News.

In addition to the nameplates, the attitudes of the trucks might also change. Rather than offer two trucks separate by only a badge, Reuss indicated that the next Colorado will take on a lifestyle vibe while the Canyon successor will toe GMC's %u201CProfessional Grade%u201D tagline.

"We're going to really target different buyers with these two trucks," Reuss told reporters. "We'd love to have a truck like a Chevrolet midsize truck go really attack the West Coast with a lifestyle truck that is really beautiful and fun. It's a different positioning than a semi serious duty cycle truck that we might do with a GMC Canyon."

Reuss added that the GMC truck will have "95 percent duty cycle of big Sierra with a lot more fuel economy."

Reuss declined to give details about the trucks' powertrains, but said a diesel engine was under consideration. The mid-size trucks won't share any engines with their larger counterparts, the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra.

GM will build both trucks, which will likely debut by year's end, at its Wentzville Assembly Plant in Missouri.
I guess that confirms that the Colorado won't be getting the 4.3. Pretty disappointing considering if this will truly be a mid-size, it will be bigger than the compact Colorado which could be had with a V8.

It will be interesting to see how they differentiate these trucks.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:43 AM

Here we go with the nameplate game again. I've still never heard a good reason why S10 was dropped.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by ImportedRoomate
GM's next-gen mid-size pickups to bow next year

I guess that confirms that the Colorado won't be getting the 4.3. Pretty disappointing considering if this will truly be a mid-size, it will be bigger than the compact Colorado which could be had with a V8.

It will be interesting to see how they differentiate these trucks.
If the V6 ends up being a variant of the 3.6L, I'm ok with that.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Z28Wilson
Here we go with the nameplate game again. I've still never heard a good reason why S10 was dropped.
This just made me think about the fact that trucks used to be named alpha-numerically (a practice still followed at Ford). But now trucks have names, and far too many cars are going to alphabet soup names with no meaning.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:12 AM

Heard from a friend that works at GM that 3 engines are in development - none are the 4.3. I guess there really is hope for that diesel.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by 96_Camaro_B4C
If the V6 ends up being a variant of the 3.6L, I'm ok with that.
I guess it would have to be that engine. Could they be doing that for the over seas markets?

My guess is the other engines are the 2.5L 4cyl. and the turbo 2.0L.

I hope these trucks get the 8 speed automatic from day 1.