2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW !!!! info released today..............

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by notsonic
the tach and speedo are backwards.
Actually they were the same way in 67-69.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by 90 Z28SS
The band/radio button toggles between am/fm/xm and the AUX takes to MP3 land . The MP3 player jack on the radio is outdated , this car should either have a USB port hidden or a dangle in the center console ...that is direction GM has been going with the newest stuff . That way it can display the ipod display on the OEM head unit display as well as charge you ipod as well . With the old jacks you could do neither .
Having an AUX doesn't make it an MP3 player. It means it has an auxillary input where you can send a signal from any device. I am hoping it has either built in iPod support for selecting artists or albums, or the ability to play MP3 CD's. The AUX in would be great, but it means having to use an external device to control the music rather than built in controls. The USB option would be great, even if it didn't have iPod support, the ability to play MP3's through the usb port like Hyundai does on all there new cars would be great.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:43 PM

As a Canadian living in the USA, I have to make a complaint.

It doesn't have mph and kmh on the speedometer. It just has one. This is a VERY annoying problem when importing a US car into Canada or a Canada car into the US. When you have both on the speedometer, it's a cake walk importing a car into another country. (there's nothing to change) When it just has the one measurement, it requires getting a new speedometer and odometer to reflect the current country's speed measurements.

Unless the US is planning on going metric within a year (doubtful), they need to put both on the new Camaros.

I've always prefered having the tach on the right side of the speedometer. So that part is good. I don't know why, but ever since I was a kid, I liked to see what the tach was doing.

P.S. The fuel gauge is too small.

Last edited by Gord's Green Z28; 07-20-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Gord's Green Z28
As a Canadian living in the USA, I have to make a complaint.

It doesn't have mph and kmh on the speedometer. It just has one. This is a VERY annoying problem when importing a US car into Canada or a Canada car into the US. When you have both on the speedometer, it's a cake walk importing a car into another country. (there's nothing to change) When it just has the one measurement, it requires getting a new speedometer and odometer to reflect the current country's speed measurements.

Unless the US is planning on going metric within a year (doubtful), they need to put both on the new Camaros.
I am very sure this is no concern. Let me explain.

I rented a CTS a few years ago--it had a switch on the dash...in one postion it showed MPH only--and the other km/h only. I'd bet this is what the case is for the Camaro.

I can't think of any car built since we went metric that did not have secondary speed measurement in the back round--and the same has went for the US.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:56 PM

I think it has numbers printed on it and you press a button to cycle from MPH to KPH. The speedometer is electronic so it just moves the needle to the desired number...

edit: apparently I was too slow.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by bigdrew2008
Having an AUX doesn't make it an MP3 player. It means it has an auxillary input where you can send a signal from any device. I am hoping it has either built in iPod support for selecting artists or albums, or the ability to play MP3 CD's. The AUX in would be great, but it means having to use an external device to control the music rather than built in controls. The USB option would be great, even if it didn't have iPod support, the ability to play MP3's through the usb port like Hyundai does on all there new cars would be great.
Ok , I will be more specific then . ALL new GM cars Ive been in , including my own ....you hit the aux button once to go the in head unit disc changer or single disc , and twice to go to the USB dangle or usb jack or the old style aux jack on the radio face . I dont know why people would even question this , jeez , a base model Cobalt can get a USB port to run the ipod and all its functions thru the factory radio and factory radio display .
Old 07-20-2008, 10:03 PM

I am hoping it has either built in iPod support for selecting artists or albums, or the ability to play MP3 CD's.
I could care less about Ipod, but MP3 disk capability is nearly a must. Almost everything is coming with this anyway. The few that don't have it standard generally offer it as an option, although it's cheaper to put in the sound system yourself than to opt for the top end system from the factory. The dash design in the 2010 has me worried. I don't know how easy it will be to change it out. Looks like I might have to invest in that BOSE option (which, after seeing the A pillar mounted tweeters and center channel dash speaker, looks like it will be an option) after all.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:12 PM

Ok , I will be more specific then . ALL new GM cars Ive been in , including my own ....you hit the aux button once to go the in head unit disc changer or single disc , and twice to go to the USB dangle or usb jack or the old style aux jack on the radio face . I dont know why people would even question this , jeez , a base model Cobalt can get a USB port to run the ipod and all its functions thru the factory radio and factory radio display .
With my original post, I stated that I didn't see the button for change folder or directory. Me not seeing this, makes it seem like it doesnt have built in MP3 support.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by MetalDragon
I could care less about Ipod, but MP3 disk capability is nearly a must. Almost everything is coming with this anyway. The few that don't have it standard generally offer it as an option, although it's cheaper to put in the sound system yourself than to opt for the top end system from the factory. The dash design in the 2010 has me worried. I don't know how easy it will be to change it out. Looks like I might have to invest in that BOSE option (which, after seeing the A pillar mounted tweeters and center channel dash speaker, looks like it will be an option) after all.
It definitely doesn't seem like an easy task to change it out. But who knows, Crutchfield could do some magic tricks?!?!?! I will be going for the top of the line stereo so tt my high's and mids are decent. I have never gotten the base I wanted from any stock car, so I will add in my own subs. But I think the top of the line will have decent high and mid response.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:08 PM

With my original post, I stated that I didn't see the button for change folder or directory. Me not seeing this, makes it seem like it doesnt have built in MP3 support.
You dont see what your refering to because AUX button switches it to the MP3 player . While your in MP3 mode .....Ipod specific functions will appear at the bottom of the radio display in brackets to corrospond with the 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5, 6 preset buttons to perform functions of the ipod .
Old 07-20-2008, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by 305fan

I rented a CTS a few years ago--it had a switch on the dash...in one postion it showed MPH only--and the other km/h only. I'd bet this is what the case is for the Camaro.

I can't think of any car built since we went metric that did not have secondary speed measurement in the back round--and the same has went for the US.
Volkswagen and Mercedes Benz are known for only having the one system.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:41 PM

You dont see what your refering to because AUX button switches it to the MP3 player . While your in MP3 mode .....Ipod specific functions will appear at the bottom of the radio display in brackets to corrospond with the 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5, 6 preset buttons to perform functions of the ipod .
Thats what I was hoping for!!! Lets hope they mention this in the announcement tomorrow!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 12:08 AM

something else people are complaining about are the "tacked on" reverse lights. Its something i wasnt fond of either, but my dad pointed out first gen RS's had them down low like that to, so now I actually think its not so bad.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by 305fan

I understand what you're saying.. but the speedo only goes up to 160. If you switch to km/h then that's ONLY 100mph. That's kind of a sham.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce
I understand what you're saying.. but the speedo only goes up to 160. If you switch to km/h then that's ONLY 100mph. That's kind of a sham.
I'm up here in Canada and pretty much after 160 km/h it really doesn't matter how fast you're going... the ticket is going to be a doozy. At least you can tell the cop you don't know how fast you were going and it wouldn't be a lie. <shrug> I'm okay with it, since if I'm going 'that' fast I'm probably at the track and would just put it in mph.

It would be okay if the Speedo would automatically switch over if you peg it or wrap around to 60 and throw an indicator that says +100.

Last edited by Jason Dove; 07-21-2008 at 02:11 AM.

Quick Reply: WOW !!!! info released today..............