2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

WOW !!!! info released today..............

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 01:06 PM

the tach and speedo are backwards.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
I'm sure a lot of folks thought the same thing in 1973 and 1979 too. But our world is a lot more dynamic than that. Fact is - the world still has plenty of oil. Once supplies get straightened out (eg, drilling here in the US) oil will be cheaper - and America's 100-year love affair with the automobile can continue as God intended
Lots of differences between then and now. Increased drilling will not lower prices in time to save the Camaro, btw.

Anyway, my primary answer to the question: "why is everyone really complaining so much?" remains:
"Because weight is bad for each and every aspect of performance"
Old 07-20-2008, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by notsonic
Not if you're driving with your left hand at 12 O'Clock, your right hand on the gearshift, and want to actually know your engine's RPMs!
Looks perfect to me!
Old 07-20-2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by 1st Gen Forever
Not if you're driving with your left hand at 12 O'Clock, your right hand on the gearshift, and want to actually know your engine's RPMs!
Looks perfect to me!
i tend to drive with the left hand at 4-4:30.

the concept had the tach on the left, like the 4th gens. but the production has it on the right like the 1st gens.

i wonder if itll be easy to change.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:47 PM

i tend to drive with the left hand at 4-4:30.

the concept had the tach on the left, like the 4th gens. but the production has it on the right like the 1st gens.

i wonder if itll be easy to change.
Something with the silver trim around the guages makes me think it's one big guage cluster and you won't be able to do anything about it.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:13 PM

In the dash, whats up w/ the 585858 number, that cant be miles,right?
Old 07-20-2008, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by 1stls1
In the dash, whats up w/ the 585858 number, that cant be miles,right?
probably just a "demonstration" number readout. kinda like how most watches and clocks are set to the same time in print ads
Old 07-20-2008, 03:55 PM

Beautiful car will fit nice in the revised pony car war.

Hopefully the price of oil and GM taking so damn long will not kill it.

Only thing worries me is the weight but the Challenger too is heavy so right now the Mustang looks like it may have the edge especially with aftermarket horse power increases.

Still I would pick the Camaro over the three.

I can see a lot of V6 sales if the HP is approaching 300,, wonder what the tourque is.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:16 PM

Only if you drive a 4th gen.
1-3 is tach on right, speedo on left

First gen

Second Gen

Third Gen

Fourth Gen

Fifth Gen

Which one is not like the others?
Hell, even how it was done from 1-3 was the same. Two seperate pods, no overlap, full sweep guages with each other guage having its own full sweep section.
4th Gens? They bunched them all together, with half sweep.

4th Gen is the Anti-Camaro. It evolved into a different type of car, with no similarity to its previous variants.
Long nose/short deck: 1st, 2nd, 3rd gens
Dustbuster/Concorde Coupe: 4th gen

Last edited by Big Als Z; 07-20-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by bigdrew2008
Looking at the photo again, I don't see the "Category" change button that you usually see with XM radios. Maybe wherever this button is, it will also change the directories for your MP3 cd's.
The band/radio button toggles between am/fm/xm and the AUX takes to MP3 land . The MP3 player jack on the radio is outdated , this car should either have a USB port hidden or a dangle in the center console ...that is direction GM has been going with the newest stuff . That way it can display the ipod display on the OEM head unit display as well as charge you ipod as well . With the old jacks you could do neither .

Originally Posted by formula79
The Edmonds video says the RS Package is an appearance deal with HID's, 20" wheels and spoiler....and it can come with both the V6 car, and the SS. My guess is these pictures are of loaded up cars that will run $27-$30K irregardless of price. If you want a stripper $20K V6 car, you will have ugly headlights, no spoiler, 17"s, and decontented interior.
As with most luxury cars , you gotta pay extra for HIDS with projectors ......3 series , 5 series , G35 , A3, A4 , A6 , c-class , CTS ....all of them have halogen reflector based headlights standard . The smallest wheel you can get on any Camaro is a 18x7.5 . Simply not having leather to some is not considered de-contented The ambient lighting you can get isnt part of the RS package anyways .

Last edited by 90 Z28SS; 07-20-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Baldwin
Lots of differences between then and now. Increased drilling will not lower prices in time to save the Camaro, btw.
The new Camaro doesn't need to be "saved". It will succeed despite gas prices, which BTW, are not all that wildly out of line with inflation anyway.
Anyway, my primary answer to the question: "why is everyone really complaining so much?" remains:
"Everyone" is not complaining. Just a very loud minority

In fact, the survey right on this site has people who care about car price outnumbering those who care about curb weight, roughly TWO TO ONE.

OBTW weight is not bad for EVERY aspect of a car's performance. Studies have shown that in a head-on crash between two cars, where one is half the mass of the other, occupants in the lighter car are EIGHT TIMES more likely to die

Think a little about that, next time you hop in your old Datsun for a ride
Old 07-20-2008, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Baldwin
Yes, yes. Everyone wants it lighter. But the weight is competitive with other cars of similar seating capacity, layout, and HP and TQ (when the Mustang has 400hp and IRS, come back and talk to me about it), and there's nothing to be done about it at this point anyway.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by teal98
Yes, yes. Everyone wants it lighter. But the weight is competitive with other cars of similar seating capacity, layout, and HP and TQ (when the Mustang has 400hp and IRS, come back and talk to me about it), and there's nothing to be done about it at this point anyway.
the 03-04 Cobra had 400+hp and a beefed up IRS.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
The new Camaro doesn't need to be "saved". It will succeed despite gas prices, which BTW, are not all that wildly out of line with inflation anyway.

"Everyone" is not complaining. Just a very loud minority

In fact, the survey right on this site has people who care about car price outnumbering those who care about curb weight, roughly TWO TO ONE.

OBTW weight is not bad for EVERY aspect of a car's performance. Studies have shown that in a head-on crash between two cars, where one is half the mass of the other, occupants in the lighter car are EIGHT TIMES more likely to die

Think a little about that, next time you hop in your old Datsun for a ride
Thank you for setting his butt straight!!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

Guys, there's TONS of other "weight" threads, some pretty large. Be good sports and take the "weight" conversation there.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: WOW !!!! info released today..............