Wheels and Tires For all wheel and tire and related discussion - Sponsored by Nitto Tire

HELP!! 17x11" TT2s w/ nitto 315s don' fit!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 11:53 PM

HELP!! 17x11" TT2s w/ nitto 315s don' fit!!

Tried to put my tt2s on and when I tighten them up they nudge up against the frame in the rear. How much spacer can I put on the stock studs?? Should I just get new studs??

Anyone else have this problem
Old 04-04-2005, 11:56 PM

Re: HELP!! 17x11" TT2s w/ nitto 315s don' fit!!

Sorry, didn't see the wheels and tire section below. If a Mod, please move this thread.......thanks.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Administrator

The TT II's for the 4th Gen have a 7.75" backspace. That should not put the tire into the frame. Is it possible your tire is hitting the corner of the jounce bumper bracket? That is only a problem when the car is jacked up by the body. When the axle drops the tire hits the bracket. It's very easy to cut the edge off the jounce bumper bracket if that's the problem. Shouldn't need a spacer.

Moving to "wheels and tires"....
Old 04-05-2005, 11:14 AM

Is the tire hitting inside the wheel well? if so you just have to get a Hammer and pound out the well a little.

If you plan on using spacers you are gonna need to get some new studs. ARP has some that are long enough.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:32 AM

Well, it is my dad who is testing the wheels on the car back at home. The car is on a hoist, therefore the axle is as low as it can go. It probably is hitting the jounce bracket.........but its hard to see this over the phone, lol. My dad seems to feel that when the suspension is at full travel, ie going over a bump, the wheels are going to rub anyways. He is in favour of getting some spacers. I am picking up some spacers and longer studs for when I go home this weekend. I know we will get them to work........I will post the results.

Thanks for the Help

Jeremy
Old 04-05-2005, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by JeremyKweens
Well, it is my dad who is testing the wheels on the car back at home. The car is on a hoist, therefore the axle is as low as it can go. It probably is hitting the jounce bracket.........but its hard to see this over the phone, lol. My dad seems to feel that when the suspension is at full travel, ie going over a bump, the wheels are going to rub anyways. He is in favour of getting some spacers. I am picking up some spacers and longer studs for when I go home this weekend. I know we will get them to work........I will post the results.

Thanks for the Help

Jeremy
your suspension will never go to full travel on the streets unless you get air borne. you need to simulate a load on the axle and put the wheels on they will fit. i have them on my Z with no problems in rubbing at all and my other Z has black Zr1's with the same issue jack the car up by the rear axle put the wheels on a forget about them they will be fine. You can cut the bump stop off or you can replace the rear wheel studs for longer ones and put spacers on but i don't recommend those for if your gonna be racing or cornering hard. just use the first method and put the jack under the axle and put the wheels on.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:19 PM

The problem with me putting the wheels on by jacking the rear axle up is that I use this hoist all the time to do work on the car. I also use a floor jack alot to get the car up in the air.

Like I said before, because I am not physically there to see whats happening I dont know for sure. Does anyone have some pictures of where you can cut some **** off to make them fit??
Old 04-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Administrator

But all you do is cut the edge off the jounce bumper bracket, and the whole problem goes away.... you can jack it any way you want.

http://cjcfo.fbody.com/members/injun...A/FendMas2.jpg

This is a ZR1/GS 17x11 with almost 8" backspace, and a pudgy BFG 315 Drag Radial on it. You've got to have another 1/4" clear. Unless the body is so far off center that one side is into the inner fender and the other side is clear:

http://cjcfo.fbody.com/members/injun...C/TirClr1R.jpg

Last edited by Injuneer; 04-05-2005 at 10:58 PM.