West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

TSRA Outlaw shootout April 10th in Wichita Falls

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 03:18 PM

The track here in Wichita Falls is having the first outlaw shoot this year on April 10th. This is the same thing as we had last year. Outlaw style racing. No tech needed. We are just trying to get the street racers off the street and give them some where to race legally and safe.

Last year we had a huge turnout. Lots of door slammers running in the low 6's and mid to high 5's.Hopefully we can get more of the DFW,Abilene,Amarillo and Houston guys involved this year. I know the ones that came last time got their best ever 60's at our track. They dont skimp on VHT or track prep in general.

There will be some setup classes and Fun-N-Grudge all night long. We will be running the fng guys in two lanes all night to keep the track hot and rubber laid.If you want to check out the setup go to http://www.hotrodshack.com/TSRA.htm

So if you want to be a part of an exicting night come on up to Wichita Falls for the shoot out. It will be lots of fun.

Also this year they WILL be allowing bikes to race cars or to race each other.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:44 PM

Yea! Sounds like fun! I saw Bart the other day but it didn't look like you were the driver. did you sell it?
Old 03-18-2004, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by Lt1 and Ls1
Yea! Sounds like fun! I saw Bart the other day but it didn't look like you were the driver. did you sell it?
Yeah I sold BART about 20 months ago. Got me a 98 Z. Haven't seen you in a while you should stop buy some time. You gonna try to make it to the track on the 10th? There is suppose to be a crowd from D/FW coming up here like last year. It was fun and best off all there is no tech.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:57 PM

Yeah I have been in a little hole hiding LOL I traded my 94 z for a 1980 vette. Kinda miss it. But I am selling the vettes and going with a z06 probably. What does the 98 look like? don't know if I have seen it before. Have you raced the 2002 SS NBM yet? Supposed to be pretty fast. Don't know though. Someone said it had a 6.0 in it and that he ordered it that way from the factory. I told them you can't order them like that. OH will. You still at the same house?
Old 03-18-2004, 09:03 PM

Yeah I have been in a little hole hiding LOL I traded my 94 z for a 1980 vette. Kinda miss it. But I am selling the vettes and going with a z06 probably. What does the 98 look like? don't know if I have seen it before. Have you raced the 2002 SS NBM yet? Supposed to be pretty fast. Don't know though. Someone said it had a 6.0 in it and that he ordered it that way from the factory. I told them you can't order them like that. OH will. You still at the same house?
The 98 is silver and was the car on crank & crome a few years back. Haven't raced him side by side but going off our 1/8th mile times I would beat him by a car or so dunno now he has done some more to his car??? He runs 6.9x and i run 6.81. Yes it is John Simms AKA the old man! It is a iron block (6.0) 370 cube motor. He had it built down in dallas after he blew the factory motor. Yeah I'm still here.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:57 PM

You gotta watch out for us old farts.......we can be very sneaky......My engine is an iron block, 370 cube, forged motor built by Modern Musclecar Technology in Dallas. The car is my daily driven work car. She's pig heavy, about 200 pounds over stock because of the block and the cage, but still runs 6s (approximately 10.8 in the quarter). Just for the record, the last time I blew an engine was in 1971 in my 70 HemiCuda. A wristpin broke at the top of third gear while running down the track. Demolished the engine. The last engine in my Camaro was ruined when it was at NX getting a NXL system installed and they accidently dropped a nut down number seven intake port. When they started the engine it cracked the block and ruined the engine.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:05 PM

Originally posted by Gold Z
You gotta watch out for us old farts.......we can be very sneaky......My engine is an iron block, 370 cube, forged motor built by Modern Musclecar Technology in Dallas. The car is my daily driven work car. She's pig heavy, about 200 pounds over stock because of the block and the cage, but still runs 6s (approximately 10.8 in the quarter). Just for the record, the last time I blew an engine was in 1971 in my 70 HemiCuda. A wristpin broke at the top of third gear while running down the track. Demolished the engine. The last engine in my Camaro was ruined when it was at NX getting a NXL system installed and they accidently dropped a nut down number seven intake port. When they started the engine it cracked the block and ruined the engine.
John,
how is the new combo working out for you???
Old 03-19-2004, 11:56 PM

The new combo seems to be working great. With the tracks usual minimal Thursday night track prep it was still running 7.03 at almost 99 mph on lousy 1.65 60' times. Now if NX will ever get the fix out for the NXL system so I can run a decent shot through it the old beast should be way down in the sixes.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:39 AM

Originally posted by Gold Z
The new combo seems to be working great. With the tracks usual minimal Thursday night track prep it was still running 7.03 at almost 99 mph on lousy 1.65 60' times. Now if NX will ever get the fix out for the NXL system so I can run a decent shot through it the old beast should be way down in the sixes.
Sounds good! Any word on the release date of the accumliator?
Old 03-21-2004, 10:39 PM

Nope....with my luck it won't be until 2008.......
Old 03-24-2004, 06:47 AM

ttt
Old 04-06-2004, 11:18 PM

Lets get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!! Come on, I want to see some fast new model cars out here for this event. There are quite a few people coming so far but I want to see some new faces and meet some new people.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:29 AM

Decisions decisions, which car to bring?? Maybe my gtp and put some mucsle to shame HEE HEE
Old 04-07-2004, 09:34 AM

Decisions decisions, which car to bring?? Maybe my gtp and put some mucsle to shame HEE HEE
Bring it and I will bring the Skylark and put all of yall to shame. 1.3L= power
Old 04-07-2004, 03:37 PM

Just saw Bart again. Are those 16 inch z06's? Couldn't tell, they look small. How did you sell it? Did you put it in the paper or what? The reason I am asking is cause I am selling my truck and would like to know where you got the most calls. I hate to waste money on ads.

Quick Reply: TSRA Outlaw shootout April 10th in Wichita Falls