West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

TSRA Outlaw shootout April 10th in Wichita Falls

Old 04-18-2004, 03:52 AM

Originally posted by Gold Z
apparently everybody in town is talking about my car and nobody elses
Ya, that is funny. I wonder why though??

I am supposed to have actually talked to each one of them just to tell them lies.
If it wasn't you, who was it then?? Only the SHADOW knows LOL

I really didn't know that posting Johnny's times would upset you guys so much.........
His times had nothing to do with the stuff I posted.

But since you skated right around my last post and all the points I tried to make and offered no reply, I think I shoulda listened to Joey.

Originally posted by Smoke T/A
I'm done with this thread it's getting no where.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:00 AM

John,
Another instance is Cody at Millers mufflers asked me if I could beat you? He said that you told him you had the fastest street car in WF? It sure is funny that I hear just about the same thing from lots of people. Guess there is a ghost that tells all these people that you are a 6.5 car and have the fastest street car in WF. LOL

And heres a quote from a this board in the drag racing section about the wheels in the air. Should be Wheel not wheels (Plural)

That's what I'm using on my car on all four corners. With an external eight way adjustment you can dial in the settings you prefer. On the track set the fronts to a low setting and watch your ETs go down. I'm pulling 1.5 60' times with the wheels in the air. Select a firmer setting before leaving the track and enjoy the drive home. They have my recommendation.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:14 PM

You internet cry babies whining about what other people say about my car, or a Hemicuda I haven't owned in 32 years (!), sounds like sour grapes to me. Get a life. All this racing is for fun....no money, no trophys, just fun. Stop obsessing about my car. Talk is cheap. Timeslips determine who is the fastest. My best has been 6.93, if you have timeslip with a lower time on it then your car is faster than mine.........If somebody tells you I run faster please correct them but don't come crying to me about it.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:51 PM

I'm going to but in here LOL
Hey my name is Tim. I HAD a black 98Z. I met some of you two years ago when I was in town for school. (the winter before your track opened)Now I drive a 96 LT1. This one is slow so no competition from me LOL. Anyhow i'm back in town for a fiew more weeks. Hey to all of you I know!
I'm going to tell a little story like it or not.
MY old 98 yet slower than most of yours ran a best of. 7.0 in the 1/8th at 101MPH. Ok I was the fast guy in my club in Arkansas for two years. Now I did get beat before I sold my car. So I cant claim that I was the fastest untill I sold it.
Anywho twards the end I started getting a lot of tension from the guys that were close to me in time's. We were all friends, shared VHT, helped eachother tune, worked on other's cars so they would be ready for the races..... But when we got to the track and lined up next to eachother I wouldnt get VHT I would get "passed by" somehow. See compitition is the nature of the beast. You cant stop it. But you can be adults and overlook it.
We didnt. It got worse and feelings got hurt. Now we all live in the same town, our wifes are still friends, we are in the same club. And we have to pretend to get along(well we dont have to) so it will come to an end one day. (hopefully it will, been going on for over a year now) Still going on even after the guy finally beat me.
Dont let this happen to yall. I remember last time I was here. John showed me around. I met some of you. The mustang Guy I remember. Cant recall your name. You guys could laugh and hang out. You use to help (might still help for all I know) the LS1 guys work on transmissions and things. Thats how our group use to be. Then the compitition got out of hand. Now we have to be selective about who we can ask for help. Some will try to stiff you. You might think none of these guy's would stiff me. But if this dont calm down and months go on it will happen believe me. You will have to get help somewhere out of town because you cant get along with eachother. It's just the compitition in everyone of us getting on the way. Just over look it and be happy for others. You are on the same team. Beleive me it's worse when your club has all the imports in it also like ours. I have to like both sides of the fence. You guys have it easy. Take it out on them! LOL
Just passing some info on.
BTW dont you think if all of these so called "people" knew enough about racing to remember if John said he ran 6.5's or he was shooting for 6.5's that they would be at the track themselves and know what all of you run? It sucks when people get like this believe me. Next thing you know you will be at the track hoping for something to happen to their car so they wont go any faster. That's not cool. Who cares what other people say. Just be honest to eachother. Why dont you all go out to eat somewhere and get it all out like adults or something so you can continue to be friends.
If it means anything John is the only one I have kept in touch with cause I knew him best and he has not said anything negative about anyone in the race scene from here. I knew/know what all of you were running (if I can keep the names straight LOL) and never heard anything negative about the guys that were faster than him. Or slower for that matter.
Sorry for buttin in on your post.

Last edited by Tim 98z; 04-19-2004 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:02 PM

Well said Tim! I couldn't agree more. So far, I like everyone I have met and don't have any problems with anyone. I just enjoy hanging out and talking cars. Just like you, John is the one who introduced me to the crowd here. And likewise, I have heard no negative comments about anyone around here. All I know is, we all like to go to the track and run our cars and that should be all that matters.