West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

TSRA Outlaw shootout April 10th in Wichita Falls

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 01:47 PM

Hows your wife doing?? havent seen yall in 4 ever
Old 04-12-2004, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by Gold Z
Something doesn't add up? And that would be.......?
Well he ran 7.50's with the (cold) bottle in the car but after he took it out it ran slower 7.8 AND 7.9 while it was warming up??? hmmmm After it had warmed he ran a 6.9 on 100 shot but would not show what jets he had in there LOL. Kind of hard to belive but like father like son is the phrase i'm thinking of.

Here is a challenge for you and your son. Come to the track one day with out the bottles in your cars and lets see what you run? NO BSing the #'s. We can all give excuses all day about what the car ran on spraying it mid track and calling it a NA pass or how heavy it is or weather it is a daily driver or what not.... I just would like to see some honesty. So would a few other people know what I'm talking about. If you do indeed run a 7.3 on motor and he runs a 7.5 motor the same day I'll shut my mouth. Till then we'll never know the truth. Also I see you posted on here you say you lifted the front wheels off the ground. The 1 time I wached you you never even got close to lifting them. BTW do you have any pics of the wheels hangin?? Didn't think so....

Watin on your response.

Joe
Old 04-12-2004, 04:27 PM

Is it hot in here??
Let me know when yall are going to meet up. I would love to watch.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:29 PM

Joey, take a deep breath and calm down.....there is no hocus pocus going on.......I have his time slips right here in front of me. His motor runs were:
7.6049 @ 92.19 at 5:25 1.7153 60'
7.5349 @ 91.69 at 5:55 1.7124 60'
His nitrous runs were as follows:
7.1920 @ 98.21 at 5:32 1.6831 60'
6.9581 @ 99.05 at 7:10 1.5530 60'
6.9917 @ 98.88 at 7:23 1.5719 60'
7.0852 @ 98.43 at 7:41 1.6414 60'
7.1643 @ 98.64 at 8:32 1.7145 60'

Everything looks in order to me. He may have made additional passes but these are the time slips he brought home. He only had the one ten pound bottle so I doubt seriously if there were any other nitrous passes made. Check the mph and you can tell when he was spraying. He has 100 hp jets in it because he was afraid of blowing something on his 90,000 mile motor. He just got the system on his car the same day as the race and hadn't had a chance to try it out yet. Don't forget he ran a 7.65 at the last outlaw shootout before he ever had nitrous on his car. I suspect he will be jetted up to 150 the next time he goes to the track.
If you question any of my times, come by the house and check the time slips, they don't lie. The 60', 330', eighth mile, and mph are too consistant between the motor runs and the nitrous runs for any funny business. My na runs were great but my nitrous runs sucked because of too much convertor. Ask Big Rob, he had the same problem with the same convertor. We have both since changed to smaller convertors. His na times were similar to mine.
As for pulling the wheels, I can assure you it did. No, I don't have it on film but the stands were full of people who saw it. You don't have to believe it if you don't want to, it's ok with me. We have another shootout in six weeks, I'll be there and hopefully we'll have the NXL working properly by then and I can turn some decent numbers. I'm old enough I don't have to try and impress anybody. I built my car to please me and it does. I built it as a daily driver not a race car which only hits the streets a couple hours a month. It has no weight removed and has a full interior, radio, and air conditioning. It's about 200 pounds heavier than when it was new because of the iron block and the 6 point cage.
You are always welcome at my home so if I didn't answer some question to your satisfaction, come on by and we'll sit down and discuss it.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:12 AM

John, unfortunatly your son is not known for always telling the truth. Many people will bs about their times. I saw it with my own eyes. His bottleless car went 7.8+. The car doesn't run consetent, i'll give him that. The friday b4 the first outlaw he couldn't get it in the 7's. 8's all night. He did bust off a 7.6 sat night though. He has lied to me right to my face while we were watching the video of our last kell race not to mention everyone who watched the race. Of course he had bout 14 beers in him. I don't care about wheather or not his car is fast, it is about the bs he is known for. He doug his own hole and you shouldn't try to bail him out. Why do you think he only brought you those timeslips?

Last edited by slow14U; 04-13-2004 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:51 AM

Originally posted by slow14U
John, unfortunatly your son is not known for always telling the truth. Many people will bs about their times. I saw it with my own eyes. His bottleless car went 7.8+. The car doesn't run consetent, i'll give him that. The friday b4 the first outlaw he couldn't get it in the 7's. 8's all night. He did bust off a 7.6 sat night though. He has lied to me right to my face while we were watching the video of our last kell race not to mention everyone who watched the race. Of course he had bout 14 beers in him. I don't care about wheather or not his car is fast, it is about the bs he is known for. He doug his own hole and you shouldn't try to bail him out. Why do you think he only brought you those timeslips?
Exactly I just want HONESTY. I'm not doubting that he ran those times I just want to be 100% sure. I saw him run the 2 passes in question that were 7.8+ and then he went down to a 7.5???? I don't know about you but I don't gain .3 unlesss I do some thing else to the car or just completly blow the 60 ft. I would like to see those slips for the 7.8+ passes and come pare them with the other ones just to be fair.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:38 AM

Originally posted by Smoke T/A
Exactly I just want HONESTY. I'm not doubting that he ran those times I just want to be 100% sure. I saw him run the 2 passes in question that were 7.8+ and then he went down to a 7.5???? I don't know about you but I don't gain .3 unlesss I do some thing else to the car or just completly blow the 60 ft. I would like to see those slips for the 7.8+ passes and come pare them with the other ones just to be fair.
Yeah, i'm not doubting the car just the driver. BTW all my 5 na runs were within .03 of each other except the one where I missed second. That is the most consistant i've ever run. That master cylinder and "drill mod" realy helped.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:21 PM

What is the son not being honest about? I am confused on what is going on here. I don't lie about my times I have NEVER had my baby at the track. Not yet anyways. Yall all would kick my a$$
Old 04-13-2004, 03:22 PM

Why would anyone want to lie about there times. Let the cars speak for themselves! Fast cars don't brag, they just go and DO IT!
Old 04-13-2004, 03:51 PM

This is the only time I have ever heard somebody complaining about somebody elses SLOWEST times.........or upset about a street race that happened last year. Also, what he ran on a Thursday night a few weeks ago has little to do with his times on Saturday. On Thursday there is no track prep and thus much less traction. And who knows what the difference in density altitude was on the two different days. Also on Saturday he was running my skinnies which took alot of weight off the front of the car.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:57 AM

John, again, you shouldn't try to bail out your son. He has done it to himself. Not too many people have respect for what he says. In isn't just me or Joey eaither.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:45 PM

1slow1foru, what kinda car do you have. Year and color. just wondering if I have seen it around here before, or which camaro it is.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:07 PM

I have a white 01'ss SS. It is pretty loud.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:28 AM

Ever since your street race with my son in which he says he won and you say you won you have been on his case. Get over it, it doesn't mean anything. I've won races and I've lost races but they were all for fun and it really didn't matter. Are you sure you aren't just upset because he was running faster than you Saturday night?
Old 04-15-2004, 07:01 AM

Oh my, I love your car! It sounds awesome! I saw you gettin gas at Carries corner one day, a while back. What all have you done to your car?

Quick Reply: TSRA Outlaw shootout April 10th in Wichita Falls