V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

My V6 vs TA

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 12:07 PM

Its not negativity towards V-6s, just common sense. Nothin beats my v-6 Camaro and v-6 Firebird like a Trans Am/SS. I don't mind running my slow v-6 against those bid dawgs, because at least its just a better version of my car spanking me..and I DO MEAN SPANKING! Smoked, Owned, whatever the term, its not even gonna be close...If you race for slips, do you think I can have your gears :-)

Just tellin it like it is...6 can't beat 8 unless its blown w/ NOS..but even then.......
Old 02-14-2003, 11:47 PM

Now his car has been in three wrecks? So basically your saying this car is already messed up? If it is or isn't running properly, of course you can beat it.

But in the real world, any "normal" stock automatic LS1(not much room for driver error) would spank your car in the full 1/4. IF you can hook up during the launch, you'll definitely get a good holeshot. But that T/A won't take real long to catch and pass you up.

Unless you have a gutted out drag car, don't expect to go any better than 14.5 @ 92-94 or so. He'll probably pull mid to high 13's @ 102-104. Although depending upon how each car is running, it could be a little closer.

Mike

2002 M6 Z28
Old 02-15-2003, 03:40 AM

Just tellin it like it is...6 can't beat 8 unless its blown w/ NOS..but even then....... [/B][/QUOTE]

Gee, you cant tell your a "edited" by this comment Im not going to get into it with you but i will say a couple things. It is VERY possible to beat an ls1 with a 3.8 w/o nitrous. Just for example magnus aka keith prociuk runs 13.6 ALL MOTOR in his 97 3.8 bird. Yeah he has alot of mods but you said w/o poweradder no way can a 3.8 beat the v8, Im sory but someone must have rubbed off on you, The almighty "unbeatable" ls1 can and has been beat by a lesser motor already, even n/a vs n/a. Granted alot of ls1 run quicker tha 13.6 but alot dont as well. Magnus also has tuning issues so he is verycapable of low 13s n/a. Ill scan a slip of m car in april for you and ys is a 3.8 and yes it will be n/a.... on that run. ANd befre yo give me the two top reasons why that particular v6 can beat an ls1 save me the bulsh**. your first excuse wil be, he has allthose mods, yes he does have alot but like stated above the ls1 has 120 hp advantage from the factory and to make up for that much of an advantage without a poweradder that is simply amazing. and two, i like a challenge and also love to see the looks on peoples faces like yourself when my v6 blows their almighty lt1/ls1 away, after i say its just a 6. Its far more impressive to run low to mid 13s all motor in a 3.8 than it is to run that in an ls1, 99% of the ls1 will run that WOW big deal, but to run low to mid 13s in a n/a 3.8 is simply mind blowing, go ahead and show what a "edited" you are by making excuses, i wont waste my time having a pi**ing match with you.

Last edited by All_InTheRED; 02-15-2003 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:00 AM

If you guys would like this thread to be kept open......watch the name calling and use of inappopriate language......

......cause the padlock is in hand....and ready
Old 02-15-2003, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by All_InTheRED
If you guys would like this thread to be kept open......watch the name calling and use of inappopriate language......

......cause the padlock is in hand....and ready
Nice use of the "edited" to your moderator powers!
Old 02-15-2003, 07:04 PM

srry to make such a fus but all i'm saying is i think i can beat him his very first run at the track.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:22 PM

Well this has turned into quite an ugly soap opera, hasn't it?

Talk is cheap...speculation is just that...speculation.

Just race the guy already.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:24 PM

it will be run soon. crappy weather is going to postpone this race. track doesnt even open till the 22nd of feb. but if this bad weather keeps up, it will be a few weeks off. but we will have pics and video of the race. stay tunned.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:49 AM

If he had a M6 and wasn't TERRIFIC at driving it, I'd say you could stand a chance. When I had my V6 there were two guys with Z28's at the strip, and they couldn't start worth a damn, they'd stall their cars off the line, grind sh*t up, I beat them both cause they couldn't use a clutch

In an A4 though, all you gotta do is hit the gas. Even if he hits it too hard and spins, once he gets traction he'll fly by you. You stand a chance in hell at beatin him dude.