Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Me v. Civic turbo hatch in a few days

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 12:15 PM

Re: Me v. Civic turbo hatch in a few days

Ok just an update he got his B18C5 JDM bored, sleeved, and forged. He also went to a larger turbo and 12 psi. He just got it dynoed an it put out 370 at the wheels on pump gas. Which is very impressive to me. Looks like I am dead. I will race him for the hell of it. I have palns for the LE2 package and install the NX kit (100 shot) I have in my basement, what whould my chances be then? Of course this will not all happen until spring.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 91RSLT1
Ok just an update he got his B18C5 JDM bored, sleeved, and forged. He also went to a larger turbo and 12 psi. He just got it dynoed an it put out 370 at the wheels on pump gas. Which is very impressive to me. Looks like I am dead. I will race him for the hell of it. I have palns for the LE2 package and install the NX kit (100 shot) I have in my basement, what whould my chances be then? Of course this will not all happen until spring.

370whp in a 2200 lbs hatch has the potential to run low 11's @ 127-129mph racing from a dig for 1/8th of a mile is the only chance you will have assuming he can drive.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by RawAzzLT1
370whp in a 2200 lbs hatch has the potential to run low 11's @ 127-129mph racing from a dig for 1/8th of a mile is the only chance you will have assuming he can drive.
That is pretty much what I thought, death. I have not seen or rode in the car yet, but I really want to.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Banned

That is pretty much what I thought, death. I have not seen or rode in the car yet, but I really want to.

why dont u go for a ride.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:45 PM

Man what are you sweating this for? He put way more cash into his car then you did. Civics are much gayer and only have 4 cylinders. L0L

If he wins, your car is still cooler.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisUlrich
Man what are you sweating this for? He put way more cash into his car then you did. Civics are much gayer and only have 4 cylinders. L0L

have we sunk to arguing personal preference now? i dont think a price has ever been posted so i would like to see you prove that. an lt1 into a 3rd gen ISNT a cheap swap.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by 87camracer
have we sunk to arguing personal preference now?

Yes, what else is new. Most people on this board hate Civics.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:29 PM

Tis be true... I hate imports... nothing against imports themselves... just so happens I like only 4-5 imports. Other then the higher end of the spectrum.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Y
Yes, what else is new. Most people on this board hate Civics.
i dont understand it. WHY do you hate them? i think the thing that you people hate isnt the car but the driver. but then of course why not hate 2nd gens for being cars owned by incest families or 3rd gens because their owners have mullets. why not hate all cars because of their stereotype. no its just easier to say "look theres a civic. its bone stock but i hate it because the 60 year old man is probably a ricer."

and dont give me the american vs. import crap. atleas the civic and the integra were built IN america thus providing more american jobs. unlike the canadian built 4th gen.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:53 AM

i dont understand it. WHY do you hate them? i think the thing that you people hate isnt the car but the driver. but then of course why not hate 2nd gens for being cars owned by incest families or 3rd gens because their owners have mullets. why not hate all cars because of their stereotype. no its just easier to say "look theres a civic. its bone stock but i hate it because the 60 year old man is probably a ricer."

and dont give me the american vs. import crap. atleas the civic and the integra were built IN america thus providing more american jobs. unlike the canadian built 4th gen.
I hate them because people are trying to make a fast car out of an economy car. It just doesn't make sense. I don't hate Civics as economy cars just drag cars. 4 bangers will never be as good as V8s for all out performance. I think it is a waste of time, money and emotion to mod a Civic when there are much better platforms out there to make into a drag racer.

Yes and I hate the ricer crowd as well. They are not limited to Civics. They drive all types of cars.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Y
I hate them because people are trying to make a fast car out of an economy car. It just doesn't make sense. I don't hate Civics as economy cars just drag cars. 4 bangers will never be as good as V8s for all out performance. I think it is a waste of time, money and emotion to mod a Civic when there are much better platforms out there to make into a drag racer.
as a general question, what about the late 70s small blocks? those were geared towards emissions and fuel economy so is it a waste to mod those as well? what about the early 80s small blocks? same thing there. just because it has a 4 cylinder doesnt mean its for fuel economy. yes a civic Dx isnt gonna be made to be anything related to quick. neither are GSR integras or Si Civics. but they do the job they are meant to do, cheap performance that is a good daily driver and can be modded extensively and make very big numbers.

im still not seeing where the hate is coming from. its because they are doing something you dont see the point in? what point are you arguing here, why are they modding a slow car to make it fast or why arent they modding a "real" car for performance?

lastly what about an Integra Type R? those werent made for fuel economy. they were made for decent performance and VERY VERY good track skills. they run mid to high 14s with just intake exhaust mods netting low 14s sometimes high 13s. which is perfomance right about on par with an L98 fbody or a slower LT1 fbody. is it now a waste to mod those? o thats right, they must be real cars because they have v8s with the big bad cast cranks, hyper i beams and pistons.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:09 PM

I hate the idiots who buy Civics to race them... when clearly they are not racers. But thats not the only reason... its MOST now... MOST. MOST of them think their cars run 10's when in reality they run 15's. Some dude in a 04 Civic SI said he'd beat me in my Trans Am... I was like, dude, are you for real? Just because he powershifts he think she gains 1 1/2 seconds off his 1/4 time. I didn't even bother racing him or wasting gas. People like that **** me off.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Banned

I hate the idiots who buy Civics to race them... when clearly they are not racers.

I have modded civic,
few years ago I bought my ws6 for $26k dont know how much I spent over the years but cost of car and mods is definatly over 35k I run low 11's. now since my new setup isnt done I cant say what I will run but at the end of the day I have a civic that will run low 12's for $5k car included
and an fbody that ran low 11's for over 35k...

I dont fit your description, I am not a ricer, I dont think its the best car ever made. but what I do know is, I can run low 12's for less than most people payed for their bone stock car. I now have an additionl 6k invested a grand total of 11k..this includes a brand new jet black paint job. if I so happen to run 10's@over 130mph (my goal) with a a grand total less than my bone stock ws6 costed then what would that make me?

Last edited by RawAzzLT1; 12-02-2004 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:58 PM

have we sunk to arguing personal preference now? i dont think a price has ever been posted so i would like to see you prove that. an lt1 into a 3rd gen ISNT a cheap swap.
If you read my orignial post I stated that although I do not usually get into the import scence, I can still apprciate a cool car. A cool car is a cool car, no matter what it is. And no the swap was not cheap. There are a lot of things that nickel and dime you to death. It would have been a little cheaper to do if I started w/ an iroc but I wanted to be as "sleeper" as possible. Since mine was an RS it had a one-legger open rear, that was dithced, I also need a new fuel pump, etc., etc.

It is not like my only goal with my car is beat a civic, or a vette, or all f-bodies, it is just something, like most of us, enjoy doing. His brother just set up the race because on his original combo he was hoping for mid to high 12's, which is right in my neighborhood. Thanks for the complament, and yes in my oppionion my car is still cooler, win, lose, or draw. I am just a sucker for a V-8 rumble, torque, and of course the 3rd gen. body styling.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Banned

I am just a sucker for a V-8 rumble, torque, and of course the 3rd gen. body styling.

with the mods you said he now has you will be pinned harder under boost than your car. even if u had 450rwtq. I kid u not

Quick Reply: Me v. Civic turbo hatch in a few days