Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales GPs/SALES CAN BE MADE BY SUPPORTING VENDORS OF THIS SITE ONLY!

Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Brackets...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 12:40 PM

HEY...I JUST THOUGHT ABOUT SOMETHING!!!! Are these brackets gonna be made for the LT1 or LS1 spindles, or some for both?
Old 04-10-2004, 01:14 PM

Originally posted by carlos64030
HEY...I JUST THOUGHT ABOUT SOMETHING!!!! Are these brackets gonna be made for the LT1 or LS1 spindles, or some for both?
Carlos,

My brackets mount on the backside of the steering knuckle. The LT1 and LS1 knuckles are identical on the back side. I am emailing you some pics.

Bob Bishop
Old 04-10-2004, 01:25 PM

Forget about my last question...I just read where it says these brackets are for the 1993-2002 F-body. I'll just assume that these brackets are universal between the 2 spindle designs.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:31 PM

Thanks Bob! I forgot that these brackets mount where the bearing assembly is.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:17 PM

Originally posted by Geoff Chadwick
Mark me up for 2 sets, which should put us at the mark. If I can get a third set, I'll take it.
Now I have a VERY important question. Once the emails for the payment have been sent out to the 22 people on the definite list, what happens if someone like Mr. Chadwick decides to pay for 3 sets before I pay for my 1 set? Does that mean I get bumped because he paid for 3 and so I won't get any? Not trying to screw you out of your sets Geoff, I am just curious if you happen to be at your computer when the email comes in, and I am not there for another hour, and everyone else has sent in their money, will I get screwed because you want 3 and I was an hour behind you? I think this is a reasonable question.

Darrin
Old 04-10-2004, 02:18 PM

Whats the status on this? Any slots open? I'd like one if there is most likely...............
Brian
Old 04-10-2004, 02:22 PM

Yeah, I think it might be more fair, since so many people want them, and there is such a limited quantity, to limit 1 set of brackets per person.

I mean if we are short by 1 or 2 people, then I say its great that you want more to keep the GP alive. But it looks like there are quite a few more people than 22 who want these. Also not trying to screw you Geoff, but its only fair to everyone, dont you think?
Old 04-10-2004, 02:42 PM

Perhaps I should have made that clear. I NEED one set. But if we for some reason have people that back out, I'll take more.

I just hope all this fuss convinces Bob to make more then one batch ;-)
Old 04-10-2004, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by Sandman_97Z
Yeah, I think it might be more fair, since so many people want them, and there is such a limited quantity, to limit 1 set of brackets per person.

I mean if we are short by 1 or 2 people, then I say its great that you want more to keep the GP alive. But it looks like there are quite a few more people than 22 who want these. Also not trying to screw you Geoff, but its only fair to everyone, dont you think?
OH MAN, I wasn't trying to start an anti-Geoff campaign here, I just was curious how this would work since there was a limited number of brackets available, and it is on a first come, first serve basis. I just don't want to lose out on my 1 set since I was one of the original 22 people to sign up, & because some people might order more then one set before I can get on the computer to order my one set. I do not have the ability to live in front of my computer, nor do I work, due to a disability, so I don't have the luxury of having one in front of me there to check during the day. So I have to force myself to remember to look regularly throughout the day so I do not miss out on this opportunity. I am just trying to look out for myself here without trying to screw anyone else out of the same opportunity at the same time.

Geoff, I hope you understand I am REALLY not trying to foul anything up for you, I truly am not. I just want to ensure that I get my measly one set is all...............I swear.

Darrin
Old 04-10-2004, 02:52 PM

Originally posted by Geoff Chadwick
Perhaps I should have made that clear. I NEED one set. But if we for some reason have people that back out, I'll take more.

I just hope all this fuss convinces Bob to make more then one batch ;-)
Praise the Lord!!!! I am glad you understand this has nothing to do with YOU. I hope for everyone's sake, BB does make another batch or 12. It seems like there is NO shortage of demand for those suckers and he could turn around and go into the manufacture of them full time and probably make a nice tidy little profit..........but I understand that it is quite a demanding process and I can see where he would not want to do this regularly, but I hope for all the last minute additions to the request list, that he does at least one more run after this. And also so that Geoff can have his extras. I am gonna feel like crap now if he doesn't get them.

Does anyone have any idea when the email for the purchase is coming out now? The 22 sets are obviously more then spoken for and then some..........just curious cuz the $$ is burning a hole in my wallet LOL

Darrin
Old 04-10-2004, 02:59 PM

I sent an email in because I was on the "maybe" list, but I haven't heard back yet. Anyone know what's going on for sure?

Jeremy
Old 04-10-2004, 03:58 PM

I will take a set.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:04 PM

I would like one set. I also reside in Toronto Canada so would need to know shipping costs.

Thanx,
Old 04-10-2004, 04:06 PM

No "Anti-Geoff" sentiments at all. Your post just got me thinking, thats all.

Geoff: I completely understand where you're coming from, and I think thats awesome of you.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:20 PM

Originally posted by Sandman_97Z
No "Anti-Geoff" sentiments at all. Your post just got me thinking, thats all.

Geoff: I completely understand where you're coming from, and I think thats awesome of you.
Sorry Sandman, I wasn't trying to imply you had anti-Geoff sentiment. Aacckk, this kinda got blown off course. Geoff seems to understand what I meant, and that is all I wanted. I am new to this particular board and I just didn't want to cause a problem my first week here is all LOL I have a lot of respect for Geoff in what he was trying to do if we couldn't come up with 22 buyers. That was WAY cool of him to offer to buy more then one set beyond what he personaly needed just to get the GP up to the required number, and for that he has my utmost respect.

So let's just drop this whole thing now since Geoff voiced his deal and we are all in understanding now I think? LOL I will just shut up and go back to patiently waiting for my email for my meager one set and be happy LOL

Thanks again to everyone and once again I hope I didn't **** anyone off here.

Darrin

Quick Reply: Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Brackets...