Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales GPs/SALES CAN BE MADE BY SUPPORTING VENDORS OF THIS SITE ONLY!

Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Brackets...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 11:38 AM

Mark me up for 2 sets, which should put us at the mark. If I can get a third set, I'll take it.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:49 AM

Originally posted by Geoff Chadwick
Mark me up for 2 sets, which should put us at the mark. If I can get a third set, I'll take it.
Dang boy, how many cars do you have? LOL Or do these things not last for you? Should I be worried?

Darrin
Old 04-09-2004, 12:43 PM

1)your stock rear brakes are fine. They dont do much work anyway. Get better pads and rotors if you're really worried.

2)I have my droptop, I'm working on a secret 2nd car (lol) and I'm guessing I've got a friend that'll very likely want them. If not I'll just turn around and sell it to someone that didnt have the cash right now, but knowing there are only 22 more sets going to be made...

Bob's brackets were tested very well at one point. I remember reading it and everyone was in agreement that it was a very sound design/part.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:34 PM

Well it looks like all are spoken for now but, if someone drops out I'm in. I already have a set but would like a backup set as well AND I can pay anytime.

Z~
Old 04-09-2004, 03:42 PM

I want to purchase a set of the C-5 corvette brake adapter. just got off the phone with Bob Bishop have credit card ready please email me and let me know what to do Thanks Mark Oneil
Old 04-09-2004, 04:11 PM

Ripitup2 My email address is mwmotorsports@comcast.net let me know when they are available
Old 04-09-2004, 04:12 PM

Originally posted by Geoff Chadwick
1)your stock rear brakes are fine. They dont do much work anyway. Get better pads and rotors if you're really worried.

2)I have my droptop, I'm working on a secret 2nd car (lol) and I'm guessing I've got a friend that'll very likely want them. If not I'll just turn around and sell it to someone that didnt have the cash right now, but knowing there are only 22 more sets going to be made...

Bob's brackets were tested very well at one point. I remember reading it and everyone was in agreement that it was a very sound design/part.
1) Gotcha, I was just doing some research/reading on the various forums and noticed that a) no one really talks about upgrading the back brakes much and b) one person had mentioned going thru rear brakes like they were soft serve. However, the general agreement was that his computer was overcompensating for the upgraded front brakes and I believe he had changed to an awfuly aggressive rear pad if I recall correctly, or something similar. Also, he seemed to be autocrossing his car as well, which I don't do, so that shouldn't be an issue.

2) Makes perfect sense, I was just kinda curious cuz these parts don't seem like the kinda thing your average person would keep around as a spare.........thanks for clearing that up.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:16 PM
BBZ

Just found this thread. Too late as usual. I want a set of these. Have credit card/paypal whatever. Put me down on the list, buying or backup. Whatever is open.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:14 PM

Yeah, tell me about it.

Any chance we could close this one out and try for a second 22-order GP in a month or so?

If so, count me in!

I don't know how much time Bob can put towards this project, but looking at the wait list I'm sure a second batch would sell if we gave it a month to collect signatures.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:17 PM

BTW, the pics posted above are damn sexy looking considering there's NO welds to worry about, and they're beautifully machined.

I missed out on Bob's first design, and love this new one... just need a month to get some funds for them (big Cancun trip on May-5th, so I'm saving everything I can for now ).
Old 04-09-2004, 10:09 PM

You can count me in if it is not too late.
Derek
Old 04-09-2004, 11:59 PM

I'll take a set if availble.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:22 AM

Looks like I am way way down the list but put me on there in case there are problems with people following through. I will pay as soon as I recieve an email to do so. Thx

JWBerk@Adelphia.net
Old 04-10-2004, 07:14 AM

On the paypal thing. You said you preferred that so I set the money to come out today so I can pay. Paypal says it takes 3-4 days to get out of my checking account. Is that going to be an issue? Id prefer not to fall to number 22 just to wait for paypal and will simply use CC if that is the case. Esp since I was one of the first to jump on this.

Thanks,

Rechtien
Old 04-10-2004, 08:30 AM

When do we find out where to send the money? I don't want to miss out on this one.

Quick Reply: Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Brackets...