Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales GPs/SALES CAN BE MADE BY SUPPORTING VENDORS OF THIS SITE ONLY!

Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Brackets...

Old 04-08-2004, 10:31 AM

Count me in

Count me in for one set definetly.
Could you ship them to Toronto,Canada via US Postal Service?
Thanks
Kris
Old 04-08-2004, 10:37 AM

And the $450 and $550 prices are for brand new GM parts, and they INCLUDE SHIPPING to the 48 states.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:49 AM

Okay, here is what we have so far...

DEFINITE
Geoff Chadwick
Grover
JasonD
2MCHPWR
Rechtien
Kris96WS6

POSSIBLY
94TA25ann
germ79

You can get a parts list from here along with a contact for very good prices on what you need: http://www.speedspecialty.com/prodim...bpartslist.doc

Sending to Canada won't be a problem. We can work that out when/if the time comes.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:05 AM

With regard to the 17" wheels, I have a set of AFS ZR1 17x9.5's ( afswheels ) on my '02 WS6. They are supposed to be replicas of the '84 'Vette Grand Sport wheels. Since they replace my factory 17's fine, does this mean they will work fine with your kit?

Also, since I know less then "Jack" about installing and working on brakes, where would you recommend I take this setup to get it safely & properly installed if/when I were to buy it?

TIA,

Darrin
Old 04-08-2004, 12:09 PM

Any decent garage would be able to do the work. In all honesty it's as simple as replacing your brake pads, rotors, and calipers if the calipers went bad. Only difference is you need to sit down and grind a little off the stock casting and bolt on an adapter. Then bleed the brakes. It's not rediculously labor intensive like doing an LT1 cam swap or LT1 engine swap.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:13 PM

Is there anywhere to check for positive feedback on this kit...or can anyone vouch for the quality of it...thanks...
Old 04-08-2004, 12:31 PM

Well...I know it is hard to take my word for it considering the source, but one thing is for sure, these are not some cobbled up pieces. These brackets are professional grade, expertly enginneried peices of hardware. Somewhere I read just a little while ago that an opinion was that the tolerances on these brackets were "tight enough to hold water"...or something to that effect. I will see if I can backtrack and find out where I read someone saying that.

I did some looking around, and found a couple of links to add to this...

http://www.chris96ws6.com/c5brakes

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...hreadid=244858

If anyone can add to this, feel free!

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2004, 12:46 PM

Has anyone used these brackets and C5 brakes on factory 17x9 WS6 wheels? If so, I will take a set.

Brad
llafro@yahoo.com
Old 04-08-2004, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by Rottluver
With regard to the 17" wheels, I have a set of AFS ZR1 17x9.5's ( afswheels ) on my '02 WS6. They are supposed to be replicas of the '84 'Vette Grand Sport wheels. Since they replace my factory 17's fine, does this mean they will work fine with your kit?

Also, since I know less then "Jack" about installing and working on brakes, where would you recommend I take this setup to get it safely & properly installed if/when I were to buy it?

TIA,

Darrin
There was not an ’84 Grand Sport. There was a ’63 Grand Sport, but they didn’t have 17” wheels. And, there was a ’96 Grand Sport that had 17” wheels. AFS makes ZR1/Grand Sport replicas, the difference being offset. They also offer those wheels with an offset to fit on ’84 – ’86 Corvettes. So you can buy ZR1 style wheels with the ZR1 offset, the Grand Sport offset, or the ’84 – ’86 Vette offset. All of those will fit the C5 front brake package. Unless you are describing some wheel style that I am not familiar with.

I don’t know when you are moving to Seattle, but I have a customer with a shop in Vancouver, WA (150 miles south of Seattle. His brackets should be delivered today. Don’t know when he plans to do his install. If you are moving soon, maybe you could watch him install his and/or have him do your conversion. I emailed him a link to this thread.

I also have a customer who had me drop ship his brackets to Guldstrand Motorsports in Burbank, where he had his conversion done. If you are not familiar with them, Dick Guldstrand was a one of the first Corvette racers (in the ‘50’s and ‘60’s), and when he retired from racing, he opened a tuner shop in California which was BIG before Callaway and Lingenfelter came along. Let me know if you want Guldstrands address. I don't think they would work "cheap". Might be worth a call.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by guywithaZ
Is there anywhere to check for positive feedback on this kit...or can anyone vouch for the quality of it...thanks...
You might post this question over at FRRAX.com in the brake section. You would probably get 5-10 responses from current users by days end.

I have saved lots of posts on my hard drive from past threads. Of 125 customers, I have yet to see a post or get an email from one of my customers who did not like them. The guys at FRRAX race them, so they are the most demanding customers I have.

Bob Bishop
Old 04-08-2004, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by llafro
Has anyone used these brackets and C5 brakes on factory 17x9 WS6 wheels? If so, I will take a set.

Brad
llafro@yahoo.com
Those wheels fit perfectly; no spacers required. All 17" OEM F-body wheels from 1996 on fit correctly.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:41 PM

Those wheels fit perfectly; no spacers required. All 17" OEM F-body wheels from 1996 on fit correctly.
Then I am in for one set for sure.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by lateapex
There was not an ’84 Grand Sport. There was a ’63 Grand Sport, but they didn’t have 17” wheels. And, there was a ’96 Grand Sport that had 17” wheels. AFS makes ZR1/Grand Sport replicas, the difference being offset. They also offer those wheels with an offset to fit on ’84 – ’86 Corvettes. So you can buy ZR1 style wheels with the ZR1 offset, the Grand Sport offset, or the ’84 – ’86 Vette offset. All of those will fit the C5 front brake package. Unless you are describing some wheel style that I am not familiar with.

I don’t know when you are moving to Seattle, but I have a customer with a shop in Vancouver, WA (150 miles south of Seattle. His brackets should be delivered today. Don’t know when he plans to do his install. If you are moving soon, maybe you could watch him install his and/or have him do your conversion. I emailed him a link to this thread.

I also have a customer who had me drop ship his brackets to Guldstrand Motorsports in Burbank, where he had his conversion done. If you are not familiar with them, Dick Guldstrand was a one of the first Corvette racers (in the ‘50’s and ‘60’s), and when he retired from racing, he opened a tuner shop in California which was BIG before Callaway and Lingenfelter came along. Let me know if you want Guldstrands address. I don't think they would work "cheap". Might be worth a call.
I could swear the GS wheels were from the '84-'86 range of 'Vettes, but I am not a 'Vette guy, so I will take your word on that, especially since I am not here to argue over trivial nonsense like that stuff. All I know is I have a set of AFS GS replica wheels (aka ZR1 wheels) on my '02 WS6 and they look hot LOL They are the "supposed" to be the exact same specs in terms of offset, backspacing, etc as my factory wheels and I have encountered zero problems with them since I put them on in December so I am guessing they are mighty darn close in those regards. All I know is they accept my factory tires, fit perfect in my wheel wells, don't rub and look the same, placement-wise as my stock WS6 wheels did, so that makes me happy.

I am not moving to Seattle for several months more then likely, so I would probably get the installation done down here in the LA/Burbank area. Now, I have heard of Guldstrand Motorsports, I just didn't know they were so close. If that is the case, I would be more then happy to fork over a little more $$ to get a quality installation and have the peace of mind that goes with it. If you have the address and/or a website for them, I would be most grateful for that info.

One other question, the mailing list I am on that turned me onto this GP is giving me some feedback. However, some of the thoughts are that this product is better suited for the 93-97's and not much of an upgrade for the 98+ cars. Can anyone comment on this for me? Anyone have this on a factory LS1 car with some light they would care to shed for me? It would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Darrin
Old 04-08-2004, 01:51 PM

http://www.guldstrand.com/
Old 04-08-2004, 01:53 PM

Many thanks!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Brackets...