Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

ZFX Problem Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 04:52 PM

Re: ZFX Problem Help!

doesn't matter how tight you seal it, there's tons of air in the bottle w/ the ZFx cuz there's so little to begin with. it's like more expensive than gold by weight
Old 09-22-2005, 05:01 PM

Agreed. Again, use Z1.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin V 2002 SS
Unless there was a bad batch or something, it dried out because it was either old or it wasn't sealed tightly and dried out. That is the only reasons I've heard of why the ZFX dries out, hardly Sal's problem, but he is so high on customer sevice he replaces them anyway. Try that with any other product.
What constitutes old? I've never seen an expiration date so I would expect the ZFX to stay good almost indefinitely, especially for the liquid crack price charged for it. Sounds like several people have had completely untouched bottles dry out - or even if they were partially used you can't just make the assumption that the customer failed to seal the container.

So yeah, it is Sal's problem. So is the issues that people have been having with the new Zaino polishing compound when following the directions to the T.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Threxx
What constitutes old? I've never seen an expiration date so I would expect the ZFX to stay good almost indefinitely, especially for the liquid crack price charged for it. Sounds like several people have had completely untouched bottles dry out - or even if they were partially used you can't just make the assumption that the customer failed to seal the container.

So yeah, it is Sal's problem. So is the issues that people have been having with the new Zaino polishing compound when following the directions to the T.
As I stated, and as stated on the Zaino website, ZFX has a shelf life of 18 months. Sal is very good about replacing any bad product (regardless of how long one has had it).

What exactly are the problems with Z-PC Fusion? I haven't heard of any.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by ZaneO
What exactly are the problems with Z-PC Fusion? I haven't heard of any.
It can easily add swirl marks instead of remove them unless you do it a certain way (which is not listed as a requirement on the instructions.

Do a search.

Last edited by Threxx; 09-23-2005 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:01 AM

I would be extremely pissed if mine died out after 3 months or so...

but ehh mine is nearly 2 years old and been exposed to 90 degree heat or more in the garage.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:34 AM

It can easily add swirl marks instead of remove them unless you do it a certain way (which is not listed as a requirement on the instructions.

Do a search.
Ha. That's called user error, not product error. You could state that fact about most any polish on the market. I've been using Z-PC for a while and never had that problem. If you correctly work the polish (so that it breaks down), there will be no problems...that's the exact same as any other polish out there.

It doesn't matter if you work it front to back, side to side, etc. The important factor is working it fully.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by ZaneO
Ha. That's called user error, not product error. You could state that fact about most any polish on the market. I've been using Z-PC for a while and never had that problem. If you correctly work the polish (so that it breaks down), there will be no problems...that's the exact same as any other polish out there.

It doesn't matter if you work it front to back, side to side, etc. The important factor is working it fully.
The people who've been having problems have described their process and it was identical to if not above and beyond the instructions on the container.

I can't believe I'm arguing with a guy named ZaneO about Zaino.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:48 AM

I can't believe I'm arguing with a guy named ZaneO about Zaino.
I guess you missed the part where my name is Zane Oliver...

If it bothers you, check around a little. I've been around the detailing scene (far beyond this site) for a while now, and I use tons of products other than Zaino.

Have a good day.