Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

I've found the difference between Z5 and Z2...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 11:14 PM

Post I've found the difference between Z5 and Z2...

Hey guys,

I just bought a black car not too long ago, brand new (Saturn L300). Those good ol black cars.. show every paint imperfection and every little tiny scratch... how annoying Anyway, I've been using Zaino for about 2 years now, and have never noticed a difference between the shine in Z5 and Z2. Now I'm starting to understand that there IS indeed a difference -- which is barely visible (but visible nonetheless) on a black car. I couldn't tell the difference on any of my other non-black cars.

They both shine very well, however if I don't follow my Zaino job with Z2, I notice that the finish is a bit "duller" ... maybe by .05% but it is noticeable (probably only by me and detailers . However, when I follow up with Z2, the "wetness" is back and it seems like I can nearly stare a mile in to my paint.

I have two points .. I guess, number 1: just to talk and share my views because I haven't posted in awhile, and number 2: following up with Z2 after Z5 is always a good idea.

BTW, Z5 hid nearly all of the small imperfections in the finish.. microscopic scratches from some form of dealership drying product, and one or two noticeable ones, both probably caused by the 14 year old detailers at my Saturn dealership.

Thanks to Sal for making such a wonderful product to cure my **** perfectionist problem! Now, I just need to find a product that keeps my cars from getting dirty...

--Nick
1997 Trans Am
2002 Saturn L300

[This message has been edited by crawfordna (edited March 07, 2002).]
Old 03-07-2002, 09:05 AM

Thumbs up

Nick,

Great review! It's good that a discriminating eye CAN in fact tell the difference between Z5 and Z2. I think what your seeing is entirely correct. Z2 has a higher optical clarity and brightness than Z5, that's why Z2 looks so "wet" as the final coat. Like you say, the difference in shine between the two an average detailer probably wouldn't notice. But, that's why we buy and love Zaino. Because we're not "average" by any means and can discern the difference between seeminly equal products.

Nice work, keep 'em shiny!

------------------
*Mike's 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniv.*
Dark Red Metallic (ext.) / Flame Red (int.)
Flowmaster Crossflow, K&N, 20% 3M Panther Black Tint
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, Kenwood eXcelon KRC-953H/U, Kenwood / Pioneer speakers
ZAINO! - Special Thanks to Sal Z
Metal \M/
Old 03-07-2002, 09:16 AM

Mike,

I'm just glad I can come on this board and feel safe talking about it do all of our girlfriends/wives/etc think we're completely insane or is it just me?

Have a good one guys