LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Thoughts after installing Racetronix pump "the RIGHT way"

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 06:18 PM

Thoughts after installing Racetronix pump "the RIGHT way"

And by "the right way" i mean through a trap door in the back .

The installation is cake, if you have the right tools. Two are important: a sheetmetal cutter (I call it a "nibbler") and... oh yeah, thats it . Well, that's the only special tool that I didn't have. I had a drill, drill-bits, and a rivet gun. I chose to use rivets, instead of screws, to hold my panel down. Didn't like the idea of sharp points near my tank. Only problem with this is you'll have to drill the rivets out if you ever have to do it again. I already know this the hard way

Basically, I got my directions from here and Jack at Racetronix. The install went pretty smooth. Honestly, the worst part was getting the fuel lines to disconnect. Seriously, if you do this from the top, this install is cake.

Props to Jack and the whole gang at Racetronix for putting together a very nice plug-and-play setup.

Jesse
Old 08-12-2003, 06:51 PM

I used short screws on my access panel that don't stick out past the sheet metal enough to puncture the gas tank, and yes the panel is the way to go, I changed my fuel pump in 20 minutes
Old 08-13-2003, 01:01 AM

Originally posted by ArcticYT95TA
I don't know how much different the Racetronix setup is over the Walbro 255lph you can get from Summitt. It is pretty much "plug & play."
A basic Walbro pump will not retrofit into the factory fill bucket. Summit has the GSS307 under the BBK brand name for $130. The GSS307 is a 255L/Hr low-pressure pump. The Racetronix F-LT1 pump assembly fits into the factory fill bucket with the flex hose and complete new wiring (not an adapter). Racetronix version of the Walbro pump is a 255L/Hr high-pressure pump which has a more efficient armature in it. The Racetronix FLT1-FPA fuel pump assembly draws less current for the same given output as the GSS307 and is capable of supporting FI motors. Racetronix MSRP on the pump alone is $149.99. This pump as well as the complete system with harness is available from select Racetronix dealers only.

http://www.racetronix.com/Racetronix..._Pump_Kit.html

Jack
Racetronix

PS. For more info on what purpose the factory fill bucket serves please do a search on this forum for previous posts.