LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Stainless Fuel Line

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 07:40 PM

Stainless Fuel Line

Anyway to get rid of all the plastic tubing for the Fuel lines ( the set of 3 lines that come up) I assume all three go to the tank. I plan on upgrading the fuel pump in the tank soon since it was a converted car im not sure if the V6 pump is the same as the V8 and i need to keep my newly built engine fed So with that said how do i get rid of all the "quick" disconnects and use a real screw in fuel filter and real fuel fittings " preferably the preety red and blue ones to attach to the fuel rails. Do i still need to use all three lines? Help

Thanks.!

So

What pump to put in the Fuel tank - What should i use for lines under the car to the rails ? Stainless? anything else made? Then stainless lines in the engine bay to the rails - stainless on all hoses? or what?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:42 PM

Re: Stainless Fuel Line

Originally Posted by tritonium
Anyway to get rid of all the plastic tubing for the Fuel lines ( the set of 3 lines that come up) I assume all three go to the tank. I plan on upgrading the fuel pump in the tank soon since it was a converted car im not sure if the V6 pump is the same as the V8 and i need to keep my newly built engine fed So with that said how do i get rid of all the "quick" disconnects and use a real screw in fuel filter and real fuel fittings " preferably the preety red and blue ones to attach to the fuel rails. Do i still need to use all three lines? Help

Thanks.!

So

What pump to put in the Fuel tank - What should i use for lines under the car to the rails ? Stainless? anything else made? Then stainless lines in the engine bay to the rails - stainless on all hoses? or what?
Purechoice motorsports for the lines if you just want to convert the 3 up front. Or do a search for "blown383" and he has a write up on a complete fuel system. Comes w/ quick disconnect fittings to the hard lines. Some polishing required as the hard lines are old. If you want to run all the way to the tank be prepaired to spend 200 bucks for the lines alone and another 50-100 for -an fittings. Do you still need to use all 3 lines? No I only use the feed and return.

Pump? Put a Racetronix kit in there and be done w/ it. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Earls makes compression fittings that you can attach to the hard lines under the car and at the fuel rails, allowing you to run braided S/S lines between those points. I wouldn't waste a lot of money using an S/S line for the "3rd line" since its simply the vent from the charcoal canister to the EVAP purge solenoid.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Earls makes compression fittings that you can attach to the hard lines under the car and at the fuel rails, allowing you to run braided S/S lines between those points. I wouldn't waste a lot of money using an S/S line for the "3rd line" since its simply the vent from the charcoal canister to the EVAP purge solenoid.
So with that " Kit" i could run a stainless line back to the tank and leave one? - As long as the actual FUEL line is stainless i am OK with the other two lines not being stainless- this is more about safety for me than looks- although that is a nice bonus.

I kinked my fuel line 2 years ago installing a fuel filter for the first time i was not careful enough. That is my paranoia for doing this. This car is a conversion and im not sure if the stock V6 fuel pump and Stovk V8 fuel pump are the same - im rebuilding my engine and it would a horrible shame to be losing power due to a fuel delivery system.

Last edited by tritonium; 03-25-2006 at 01:28 PM.