LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Criticize my next setup...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 03:58 PM

Re: Criticize my next setup...

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Yeah, no doubt. Meet in Eastern TX?
It'd be fun to have a big shootout like that. I might be up for it one of these days, I'd like to freshen up the rear so I don't break it after one pass after a trip like that lol
Old 05-01-2006, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
I honestly have quit keeping up with the LE set ups and seeing what they run or put down b/c when I was reading them no one was happy. This is not a knock on LE at all, just that his combos come up alot and there is always something 'wrong'. But on the other hand, I have not read where Ai customers were dissatisfied with the end results.
Originally Posted by 526 SS 96
do you just throw things together for people and see where you are when the dust settles? Aleks
I love how a guy starts a legitimate thread wanting opinions on a setup…only to get it hijacked by childish bickering and crap that doesn’t even relate. Really, grow up and get a clue. I know it must be hard to imagine, but both shops are capable of producing good work. In reality, unless you personally dealt with each company you really have no merit for speaking against them or their products.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Banned

Well said considering you have one of my cams and Ai LT4 heads.

Bret
Old 05-01-2006, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by RealQuick
MPH doesnt mean s much anymore as people use think.
Lol, I guess the laws of physics have changed recently then.I thought it was rule of thumb that HP will show up in MPH.

Its either that or mph doesnt mean much to some because they cant run it to begin with, which is what I'm starting to think after reading these threads.

Or....

You have a huge cam and huge heads that will dyno great numbers, then go run 12's @ 110.

Doubtful on 500 rwhp IMO. It can be done, but you have to have the right tools.

Last edited by GreenbeanZ28; 05-01-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:01 PM

SStrokerAce: I know these things take time, so in the mean time your paper 600HP engine will have to do. Competition is the mother of innovation when it comes to cars, so it's good to do it. I guess that you will back out of the call out then? I mean you laughed out loud at the thought, but now I see why.
To the other guys: Heck yea, it would way cool to do a track day. I could go to TX of FLA, or NY with all stops between. This could be a really cool summer! It would be nice to meet some of you guys. The LE guys bring the BBQ and the AI guys bring the beer (after the racing of cource).

LT4POWR: You are right, I am sorry for thread hijacking. I guess I should start a new topic. Check the lounge in a bit.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Banned

The motor is the only thing that's done boss. It's been sitting in my assembly room for a while now. 600+hp, 3000lbs I think it will be decent considering it's a street motor.

You really want to get into a pissing contest with me? Cause your attitude needs to go.

Bret
Old 05-01-2006, 06:04 PM

no, we need to go.... heads up.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:15 PM

Lol.

Last edited by GreenbeanZ28; 05-01-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:48 PM

Anyway, I assume that I am definitly going to need a solid lifter setup for this motor.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 526 SS 96
no, we need to go.... heads up.
Well some noname guy getting on my case for no reason when I spend my time to help guys out on the forum gets on my nerves. Maybe if I did less of that and working on customers stuff I could have a race car to play with. I guess I have different priorities.

Guess that's the end of that for me.

Russ, never did make that 450rwhp did ya?

Kurt, you don't have to go with a SR to do that if the valvetrain is done correctly.

Bret

Last edited by SStrokerAce; 05-02-2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Russ, never did make that 450rwhp did ya?
Hard to do when the motor is sitting on an engine stand, that kid needs to get busy! Like alot of others in here.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:51 AM

needs to get busy! Like alot of others in here.
I hear that... the town just sent me a code enforcement notice for my car being up in the air on jackstands in the driveway while I finish up the motor in the garage.. oops!
Old 05-02-2006, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
I hear that... the town just sent me a code enforcement notice for my car being up in the air on jackstands in the driveway while I finish up the motor in the garage.. oops!
So glad I live in the country!! We just have to keep the kids from seeing the cows gettin busy....
Old 05-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

Shon, I'm only on his case because he went on and on about making 450rwhp SAE with his AI stuff over half a year ago and talking smack the whole time... it's at least 6 months later and still nothing.

Question for you though....

What makes you say this...

Originally Posted by Shon
I honestly have quit keeping up with the LE set ups and seeing what they run or put down b/c when I was reading them no one was happy. This is not a knock on LE at all, just that his combos come up alot and there is always something 'wrong'. But on the other hand, I have not read where Ai customers were dissatisfied with the end results.
The "end" results... what exactly does that entail? Does that mean that once they get all the bugs worked out they are happy? I just don't get that at all. How many guys on here are dissatisfied with the packages that Lloyd and I put out? I haven't found one yet.

Bret
Old 05-02-2006, 12:05 PM

So glad I live in the country!! We just have to keep the kids from seeing the cows gettin busy....
sucks.. they want me to "correct" the problem in 8 days... Sorry. .wont' be done that soon.. looks like I have to roll up the sleeves on this one.

Quick Reply: Criticize my next setup...