LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Bangs rattles squeeks.. argh!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 09:11 PM

Angry Bangs rattles squeeks.. argh!

Damn this car... one thing after another. Here's the issue. Im trying to rid the car of every possible squeek and rattle I can. I eliminated the hatch rattle by turning the rubber stoppers out a bit, and lubing the hatch latch. Worked good. Now, in the back, there is this ANNOYING squeek that I cant get rid of. If I am stopped, and get out and push on the side of the car (passenger side) at the back, it squeeks. Anyone know where it might be coming from? its the rear passenger side. Any idea at all would help. Just throw me a bone here.......
The other noise that I have is coming from upfront. I thought it was the tie rod end since it was obviously shot. But that didnt fix it. It's a banging type noise when I go over bumps of any size. Only started after I lowered my car. All help greatly appreciated.

-Cam
Old 12-10-2012, 10:08 AM

Re: Bangs rattles squeeks.. argh!

This suggestion suspicion may come a little too late, but as I contemplate this problem discription, it sounds like lowering may better appreciate a fresh bump stop if the current last resort rubber pad is/was worn.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 AM

Re: Bangs rattles squeeks.. argh!

Originally Posted by Umbrae
Damn this car... one thing after another. Here's the issue. Im trying to rid the car of every possible squeek and rattle I can. I eliminated the hatch rattle by turning the rubber stoppers out a bit, and lubing the hatch latch. Worked good. Now, in the back, there is this ANNOYING squeek that I cant get rid of. If I am stopped, and get out and push on the side of the car (passenger side) at the back, it squeeks. Anyone know where it might be coming from? its the rear passenger side. Any idea at all would help. Just throw me a bone here.......
The other noise that I have is coming from upfront. I thought it was the tie rod end since it was obviously shot. But that didnt fix it. It's a banging type noise when I go over bumps of any size. Only started after I lowered my car. All help greatly appreciated.

-Cam
For the squeak at the back you might look at the panhard rod bushings. Usually even stock those squeak a bit as the rubber ages. Poly bushing(if equipped) may need more grease. I've never had a lowered F-body but I would imagine you need an adjustable panhard rod to do that successfully?