Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Is the future of GM doomed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 03:42 PM

Shellhead is correct as in knowbody will know for sure. I'm sure if the global war on terror ended today, and we found a mountain of oil we started exporting to the rest of the world tomorrow, and China reversed and imported billions of goods from us instead of to us, I am sure the economy would change, and GM along with countless other companies would stay alive and be prosperous. But by looking at the numbers, and the downhill trend, and then hearing from my wife's uncle about his plant closing and him stating GM is going under in the next few years unless something of catastrophic porportions happens, I am guessing that GM may be doomed. I really hope I am wrong, and I am sure there are those that will argue so such as Aaron91RS.

Flip94TA, GM and most american car sales period are severely down this year. Look at it like this, if all the US car manufacturers have all made major cuts and setbacks, and are selling far less than they did 10 years ago, there is still going to be someone who sells more than the others, but if that #1 seller is still selling less as a whole after making huge financial setbacks, they are not really doing well enough to brag that they are number one when they are still loosing.