Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Does the XLR or some other Vette Based Cadillac return with C7?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 11:33 PM

but again a moot point as the platform is gone..but I think a version of this:

would look very good on this:
Old 01-27-2010, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG
It is not a shortcut. throwing a caddy body on a vette is not a shortcut??

If that would be a shortcut almost everything Caddy is a shortcut..Escalade, XLR,.
So your telling me they could not do a Kappa II platform and give it just to caddy? Redesigned platform new body and all new iterior is a shorcut?

The only reason I keep saying this is..there are a lot of BMW roadsters up here in New England and I think something like a kappa II based roadster would sell..and be a nitch vehicle caddy could profit from.
I'm opting for an even more extreme approach for Caddy. No Corvette platforms, please. Just a whole new supercar designed from the ground up.

What you are proposing is a GM-Cadillac, which uses GM's parts bin catalog as a design approach. Supercars are never built as parts-bin specials. If GM decide that this is the approach they should take, they might as well not start at all. Buyers are not naive enough to want to buy such half-measures. They want all new, cutting edge and radical. But they also want something that works quite well.

Btw, the Cien pic you linked tends to indicate that the design has aged quite quickly. When it was released in 2002, it took my breath away. I wish GM would come out with Cien2 as a concept.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by SSbaby
I'm opting for an even more extreme approach for Caddy. No Corvette platforms, please. Just a whole new supercar designed from the ground up.

What you are proposing is a GM-Cadillac, which uses GM's parts bin catalog as a design approach. Supercars are never built as parts-bin specials. If GM decide that this is the approach they should take, they might as well not start at all. Buyers are not naive enough to want to buy such half-measures. They want all new, cutting edge and radical. But they also want something that works quite well.

Btw, the Cien pic you linked tends to indicate that the design has aged quite quickly. When it was released in 2002, it took my breath away. I wish GM would come out with Cien2 as a concept.
The only thing would be the engine..no parts bin..as I said
"Redesigned platform new body and all new iterior"

or better yet a kappa 2 might fit a 6 banger in there? maybe like the CTS V6? A whole new Kappa 2 to present the new cien concept..or the "102" lol
Old 01-28-2010, 12:49 AM

Forget Kappa, it's dead and buried. Even if it weren't, it would never be a Cadillac.