Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

A couple of old SVT items

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 07:05 PM

Re: A couple of old SVT items

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
Meanwhile we have RedLine Saturns, CTS-V, SS Cobalts/Impalas/Monte's/Silverado, C6, GTO, SSR, Grand Prix Comp
G and GXP, Trailblazer SS (on the way) and G6 GXP (coming)...
Whooo.... All but 3 of which Id blow the doors off of with a near-stock 94 GT.

GM needs to get their collective heads out of their asses and smell the horsepower.

I realize that the previous administration screwed things nicely, but the fact is theyre trying now to play catch up to the market with the SS emblem with some rushed piles.

Please dont insult yourself again by saying that any of those vehicles, save the CTS-V and the GTO are anything more than glorified garbage. You cant shine turds.

But thats just my opinion, i COULD be wrong.

GM- Hurry up and give me a goddamned Camaro I can be proud of.

Last edited by pickardracing; 12-31-2004 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:30 PM

All but 3 of which Id blow the doors off of with a near-stock 94 GT.
Hahahaha! The 1994 Mustang GT had a whopping 215 hp! Which three are you unable to dominate with your mighty Stallion
Old 12-31-2004, 09:37 PM

like i said... 'near' stock.

The cars you mentioned are straight garbage other than the v, the goat, and the C6. None of them are what they should be, but again, thats my opinion.

Hence why i havent spent any of MY money on a damn one of them, and drive my 'mighty stallion' as you so eloquently put it.

Last edited by pickardracing; 12-31-2004 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by MunchE
Camaro is only one car? It's THE car that GM makes (well, made) that's worthwhile. Sorry, you can shove all of the electronic doodads into a FWD V6 car you want, I'm not going to get excited about it. Cadillac is the brand I'm supposed to get excited about?

I want something RWD, with good horsepower, handling, and sporty styling. I don't have more than $30,000 to spend. Nissan can offer me one. Ford can offer me one. I'm going to go buy a Comp G over a Mustang? Yeah, ok. I think the difference between posters on this board is that when some of us are looking for a car, we look for the best car we can find for our money. Other people, they look for the best car that is offered under the GM umbrella of products that they can afford. I guess that's the attitude GM banks on, and why they've been sitting on mediocrity for so long now with most of their cars.

Only the Camaro? Call me crazy, but I love the Camaro. I don't think it's an "ONLY" car. Unless you mean the ONLY car that really matters from GM is the Camaro. I'm not going to go into some FWD excuse for a sports car just because GM decided they didn't want to make the car I love anymore. I'll go buy what's best for me. But don't **** on me and tell me it's raining, telling me to go buy something "cool" like a Grand Prix.
i am not sure if your post was in response to mine, but if it was...

umm... a hit and a miss?

camaro is the only car we're asked to keep the faith about. that's what i meant. there are other cars from GM that are exciting, maybe not to you, but to many, in their respective market segment. if you're talking overall corporate excitement, GM is not lagging as a whole. If you're looking (as I am) for Chevy excitement in the sense of V8 RWD, wait a few more years.

also, nowhere did I ever say i'm willing to settle for mediocrity. i simply ask to give credit where it's due, respecting any manufacturer.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by pickardracing
Whooo.... All but 3 of which Id blow the doors off of with a near-stock 94 GT.

GM needs to get their collective heads out of their asses and smell the horsepower.

I realize that the previous administration screwed things nicely, but the fact is theyre trying now to play catch up to the market with the SS emblem with some rushed piles.

Please dont insult yourself again by saying that any of those vehicles, save the CTS-V and the GTO are anything more than glorified garbage. You cant shine turds.

But thats just my opinion, i COULD be wrong.

GM- Hurry up and give me a goddamned Camaro I can be proud of.

Yeah, and umm... I could run even with auto 94 GT with my 91 Beretta GTZ, nearly stock. That's 2.3L I4 against 5.0L V8. Sounds like total garbage to me, for a car that has twice the displacement and the number of cylinders, and costs 50% more... Your move, Sherlock.

Get real. Get your head out of your own ***.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by muckz
Yeah, and umm... I could run even with auto 94 GT with my 91 Beretta GTZ, nearly stock. That's 2.3L I4 against 5.0L V8. Sounds like total garbage to me, for a car that has twice the displacement and the number of cylinders, and costs 50% more... Your move, Sherlock.

Get real. Get your head out of your own ***.
another stereotypical camaro owner. sounds like the same argument i get out of riceboys.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by pickardracing
another stereotypical camaro owner. sounds like the same argument i get out of riceboys.

edit: not worth my time

Last edited by muckz; 12-31-2004 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by muckz
also, nowhere did I ever say i'm willing to settle for mediocrity. i simply ask to give credit where it's due, respecting any manufacturer.
What credit is due to a $29,995 MSRP 240hp Impala SS/Monte Carlo SS? It's slower than the competition, more expensive, handles worse and is sitting on styling from the late 90's in the 2005 model year. There is absolutely no credit due to GM for these cars.