Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Progress on repaint of 96SS to Millennium Yellow!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Cool Progress on repaint of 96SS to Millennium Yellow!

Hey Guys!

Most probably don't care, but I made up a quick page to track the progress of the repainting of my SS to Millennium Yellow!

If you care to see what an SS looks like with only it's rear quarter panels attached, take a look here! They are three days into the job and already well underway IMO. Looks like things are going pretty good!

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/ssrepaint.htm

------------------
Brent Franker * Main Page
94 Vortech Z28 * 96 Z28 SS #1655
4th Gen Appearance Modification Guide
F-Body Install & Fix-It Guides
Old 08-02-2002, 06:44 PM

Cool Brent. I checked out your pics. I can't wait to see the finished product!! I'm trying to decide if I want to paint my Z Hugger Orange or Electron Blue. Man, it's such a hard decision!!

------------------
'95 Camaro Z28 A4
Oynx Black, 3.23 gears, T-tops, RKSport CA-300 ground effects, 17X9.5" polished 2000 C5 wheels on P275/40R17 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A rubber, Flowmaster 80 Series exhaust with chrome rolled edge quad tips, aftermarket two-tone leather seats (got the original cloth ones recovered), white face gauges and red bulbs from MacEwen, "diamond clear" clear corners, blackouts on taillights, chrome CAMARO letters on rear and "chrome" painted Z28 logos (looks like shiny silver) and vents on the hood, 97+ Camaro console, interior changed from Light Gray to Dark Gray.
My webpage
F-Body wallpaper

First, check Brent's Appearance Guide then check
SuperDave's supplement Appearance Mods pics for more 4th gen F-Body pics.
Old 08-02-2002, 06:46 PM

Damn dude you got a lot of wheels. Cool thing is I finally found a pic of a black Z with TT2's so I know exactly what they'll look like on mine when I get them next week. Thanks!

- Brent

------------------
~Project 12's DAMMIT!~

'94 Z28, M6, Borla Y-pipe, Flowmaster Cat-Back, Lingenfelter CAI, TPIS Airfoil, MSD-6AL, March Pulleys, Hotchkis STB, Spohn LCA brackets, Summit Special cutout, G-MAF, straight-pipe'd cat. (for the track only of course ;>, MAC LCA's & Panhard Rod, Susp. Tech. springs, 287 RWHP / 321 FT. LBS.,

Best E.T. to date: 13.48
Best MPH: 104 MPH

member, http://www.teamnwfbody.org

My page: http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/compstall
Old 08-02-2002, 07:54 PM

Brent, are you going to leave it ALL yellow, or are you gonna put some Black 35th Anv. Stripes on it?
I think it would look real nice with some Black (or even white) 35th Stripes

------------------
97 Black & Orange Z28 A4 - 270rwhp/290rwtq
K&N CAI-Flowmaster-TB Bypass-Airfoil-160 Stat-Cutout-!MAF Screen-
Manual Fan Switch-TransGo-3.73's-PCM4LESS-LT4 KM-Comp TA's (Track Use Only)
BEST : 13.54 @ 100.87 w/ 2.01 60'
Old 08-02-2002, 10:50 PM

WOW!...when the bug bites, it bites hard. I understand it had to be fixed, but black to yellow? Trust me, I think it'll look great. I haven't seen yellow on a camaro since the early 70's. Can't wait to see the finished product. Like you....waiting..

------------------
97'Black SS Droptop
#2893,(1of31)
320HP,LT1,A4,Headers,SLP Goodies.....
SS BadRag
Old 08-03-2002, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SuperDave479:
Cool Brent. I checked out your pics. I can't wait to see the finished product!! I'm trying to decide if I want to paint my Z Hugger Orange or Electron Blue. Man, it's such a hard decision!!

</font>
Between those two choices, I'd have to say the Electron Blue would win hands down for me I've seen a couple Hugger Orange Camaros and personally don't care for them much

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Compstall:
Damn dude you got a lot of wheels. Cool thing is I finally found a pic of a black Z with TT2's so I know exactly what they'll look like on mine when I get them next week. Thanks!

- Brent

</font>
Excellent! Glad it helped you out some!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sfGi8nt:
Brent, are you going to leave it ALL yellow, or are you gonna put some Black 35th Anv. Stripes on it?
I think it would look real nice with some Black (or even white) 35th Stripes

</font>
Initially it will be all Millennium Yellow with the exception of the black highlights (badges, front areas, etc.). Who knows what I'll do down the road!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SS BadRag:
WOW!...when the bug bites, it bites hard. I understand it had to be fixed, but black to yellow? Trust me, I think it'll look great. I haven't seen yellow on a camaro since the early 70's. Can't wait to see the finished product. Like you....waiting..

</font>
LOL! Yeah, I'm bad about going overboard. The reason my 94 looks like it does today is because of a small scratch in the rear bumper I wanted to get repaired. That small scratch turned into hood, wing, ground effects, wheels/tires, springs, and an almost complete paint job Yeah, I tend to get carried away sometimes

------------------
Old 08-03-2002, 09:51 AM

i went thru all that about a year ago with my black with a yellow stripe camaro.after three differnt backins on my car i got it painted silver with a electron blue single stripe.i went overboard and shaved everything i could and molded in supra taillights.i also was thinking about milluim yellow.good luck

------------------
94 Z-28
373's,3 inch flowmaster with dual outlets,3rd transmission,shift kit,2800 vigalante,160 degree therastat,cold air induction,k&n filter,nitto 555r's
SHOW
custom paint job,metallic silver with a single indaglo blue stripe,SS hood shaved everything,door handles,locks,emblem,
antenna,custom molded toyota supra taillights 18 silver ADR racer rims 11/2 eibach springs

car stereo
panasonic 801,5.6 t.v and vcr,pioneer 3way 6.5
DEI 300 and two DEI 1100.s,2-jlaudio 10W7's
Old 08-03-2002, 02:16 PM

Hey Brent, are you going to paint the headlight and grill area black again? If so are you going to clear it? Just curious. It doesn't really matter what I think, but I recently saw a yellow Z28 and the headlight and grill was yellow, it looked like ***. Go black!
Old 08-03-2002, 08:22 PM

yea i can't wait to see the outcome of the SS. i was thinking about going millennium yellow or black on mine...ever think about selling any of those wheels you have??
Old 08-03-2002, 09:31 PM

Hey brent,

I love your cars, but still the one that holds my heart is your Patriot Red Z, since I have nearlythe same car, well, minus the gfx, hood, spoiler, can you post a pic of the tt2's on your car?

my future plans include stella kit, iroc z hood, custom spoiler, and debating on wheels, either Eagle Series 77, or is it 88, or tt2's

------------------
93 Patriot Red Z28 - A4, 3.23 Gears
*Mods*: Hooker Super Competition Catback, Holley 58MM Throttle Body, Holley Powershot Filter, 160* Thermostat, A. Anderson Programming Chip, Aeromaks Cold Air Intake System

Audio: JVC KDSH77 HU, Infiniti Kappa 6.5"
Max's Patriot Red 93 Z

Time: 14.042@96.71, 2.077 60', Humid (Uncorrected),
13.69@100.202 Corrected, 2.191 60'
Old 08-03-2002, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by weaponZ:
i went thru all that about a year ago with my black with a yellow stripe camaro.after three differnt backins on my car i got it painted silver with a electron blue single stripe.i went overboard and shaved everything i could and molded in supra taillights.i also was thinking about milluim yellow.good luck

</font>
Wow! I'm not getting that crazy I briefly thought about taking the "grab part" off the gas tank filler lid and installing a solenoid operated "bar" that basically locked the filler lid in place and popped it open when I pressed a button but I didn't have the time to install everything I'll probably still do this but won't have the gas tank lid smooth. If you have some pics of your car, you should send them over to me! I'd love to see it!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MadKilla:
Hey Brent, are you going to paint the headlight and grill area black again? If so are you going to clear it? Just curious. It doesn't really matter what I think, but I recently saw a yellow Z28 and the headlight and grill was yellow, it looked like ***. Go black! </font>
If you look back on some of the other topics about this, you'll see that several wanted me to paint the entire front Millennium Yellow. Well, I think that's just too much yellow so am having the headlight and fog log areas painted gloss black Glad somebody thinks I'm doing the right thing here. LOL!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibanez6rg:
yea i can't wait to see the outcome of the SS. i was thinking about going millennium yellow or black on mine...ever think about selling any of those wheels you have??</font>
Yep! After I get the car back and finally decide on a set, I'll be selling some. Actually, the buddy that helped me swap them all out that afternoon wanted the Enkei V1 wheels so he bought those for his Trans Am (used to be mine!). He has his other wheels for sale here for a reasonable price IMO. I'll most likely be selling the Ronal wheels (ones on the car in the pics at the body shop) too. I'll have to decide between the TTIIs and the Boyds and may keep both or sell one set (both have 11" wheels for the rears).

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aeromaks:
Hey brent,

I love your cars, but still the one that holds my heart is your Patriot Red Z, since I have nearlythe same car, well, minus the gfx, hood, spoiler, can you post a pic of the tt2's on your car?

my future plans include stella kit, iroc z hood, custom spoiler, and debating on wheels, either Eagle Series 77, or is it 88, or tt2's

</font>
Thanks!

I'll definitely work on posting a pic of the TTIIs on my car. I've been wondering what that car would look like with the Boyd's and the TTIIs myself. I have so many people telling me how good the car looks with the Enkei Win wheels that I think they'll be ticked if I change them out. LOL! I'll give it a shot though

------------------
Old 08-04-2002, 12:22 PM

YEY Brent I was waiting for un update for a while now!

Im so exited to see it done and its not even my car LOL

U bet you cant wait!

later brent

------------------
~99 Anniversary WS6 M6 #1133~
White with Blue Stripes/Rims
White Leather - T tops
3" Flowmaster cat back
10K Miles <A HREF="http://projectrs.homestead.com/ws6.html" TARGET=_blank>
http://projectrs.homestead.com/ws6.html</A>

~95 3.4 White Camaro~
Wings West GFX
High Rise Wing and more!
SOLD on 4-16-02
http://projectrs.homestead.com

97 Grand AM GT ---&gt;New daily driver

88 LeMans My POS
Old 08-06-2002, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Cool

I just added more pictures. They have started spraying the Millennium Yellow on the panels they removed. It is taking NINE coats to cover it adequately. They said it was like a tint paint instead of a regular paint. It's going to look pretty good I think They should be applying the clear to these panels later this afternoon!

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/ssrepaint.htm

------------------
Old 08-06-2002, 03:50 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by weaponZ:

</font>
PICS PLEASE!!! I'd love to see the Electron Blue stripe and the Supra taillights.

------------------
'95 Camaro Z28 A4
Oynx Black, 3.23 gears, T-tops, RKSport CA-300 ground effects, 17X9.5" polished 2000 C5 wheels on P275/40R17 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A rubber, Flowmaster 80 Series exhaust with chrome rolled edge quad tips, aftermarket two-tone leather seats (got the original cloth ones recovered), white face gauges and red bulbs from MacEwen, "diamond clear" clear corners, blackouts on taillights, chrome CAMARO letters on rear and "chrome" painted Z28 logos (looks like shiny silver) and vents on the hood, 97+ Camaro console, interior changed from Light Gray to Dark Gray.
My webpage
F-Body wallpaper

First, check Brent's Appearance Guide then check
SuperDave's supplement Appearance Mods pics for more 4th gen F-Body pics.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:11 PM
chocoruacal

I'm so jealous

Why do I think your car looks like a Delorean here

Can't wait to see the finished pics!

------------------
Dave

The sweetest stock 95...Z28 of course
My &lt;snicker, snicker&gt; crotch rocket

Ah, poor baby, did I hurt your feelings with my comments? Please, accept my apologies

Quick Reply: Progress on repaint of 96SS to Millennium Yellow!