Advanced Tech Advanced tech discussion. Major rebuilds, engine theory, etc.
HIGH-END DISCUSSION ONLY - NOT FOR GENERAL TECH INFO

My Big Block into a 4th Gen install journal...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 04:22 PM

It's been a while.....

but the car is basically done. I am working on doing some little things now, like making gauge and switch pods....easy stuff. When October came the schedule slowed down because I knew she would be in the garage awhile. Now we are starting to crank up again.

I've got to install the shifter and do some minor wiring then I will be ready to drive her home. Should happen in early March, based on the weather. I will try to get some vids up and running so everyone can see, and mostly hear it!! Sounds great!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:05 PM

March is here, we're patiently waiting on status...
Old 04-09-2007, 12:35 PM

wheres it at?????
Old 04-09-2007, 02:56 PM

Yeah, I just saw this thread and saw that the build was taking place pretty much down the road from where I live. Any updates? I would love to see your car
Old 04-18-2007, 10:02 AM

It's pretty much done!

Guys, I know I'm real late here but the car is pretty much finished! I drove it from North Olmsted to Medina which is 20 some miles and it ran like a champ. I need to get a larger radiator but that is about all that she needs done.

Holy S*&t she's fast, too. My builder is a pretty good drag racer here in Ohio and he took me out to flog it a little and I just about pissed myself. This thing deserves respect ,because it is dangerous! If any of you guys live in North Olmsted check out the burnout on Center Ridge and Dover Center that spans about 600 feet.....that's from my TA!

She sounds like a total beast too! I'm sure the police will not be liking me this summer as the car sounds very much like a drag car on the street. I have only had it out about three times but I get thumbs' ups at every stop sign. Kids wave and old guys turn their heads. It's awesome.

We also pulled off what some said could not be done.....that is, the car is lowered two inches with the big block and it is driveable on the street. You need to be careful of big holes but it's driveable. We banged up the floor quite a bit and I'm using the Dr Gas oval tubing, which is 3.5 inches.

I wish I had more pics right now but if you go to the website below and look at the video about mid page on the left you will see (and hear!) the TA coming down the road. It's pretty short but hopefully I can get some pics up for you guys today or tomorrow.

www.myspace.com/boxperformance

Thanks for the interest.

Jerry
Old 04-18-2007, 11:58 AM

I have some pics guys. I do not know how to post them though. They are not hosted on a website so it seems I can't put them up. Can anyone host them for me? Send me your e-mail if you can.

They are a little blurry (taken with a 2mp camera phone) but you can see what I'm trying to show.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:40 PM

very nice set up i hope you have a rear
Old 04-18-2007, 04:41 PM

go to photobucket.com set up an account and you can upload them from your comp! it free and easy! then you can copy and past!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:50 PM

I'm sorry the images are not very good quality images, but that's all I could get right away. You also have to excuse some of the mess that is there. The car has not really been cleaned yet.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:52 PM

P.S.

No I don't have a new rear end....YET. But I don't have any GRIP either.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:04 PM

Sorry about those blurry shots. Here is one that is clear.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:22 PM

Nice work. I hope to see you make a pass or two at 42 or NRP this summer.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:36 PM

I'm sure I will make a pass or two out in Norwalk! I don't head to 42 anymore. The track is too bumpy and my car always runs like 3 tenths slower there.

Unless you have word that they re-surfaced it?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:20 PM

dyno #s, and what do you think it will run on the motor?
Old 04-21-2007, 08:47 PM

The car has not been dyno'd yet but my builder has built a few similar motors and they are around 800 horsepower. For mine I chose to run a smaller carb and cam and told him to not go all out on the head porting. The fastest car I have previously owned was my same TA before this engine swap. SO the fastest I have went down the track was 13.68. I wanted to be somewhat responsible to myself and not go nearly three times the power I have experienced right off the bat. How many times have we heard of someone we know crashing their ride right after building it?

Anyway, it should be right around 700 or so. Ten's are a reality when I get a rear end but for now I'll have to baby the launch and I'm hoping for an 11 second pass.

I should be putting up a bunch of pics here in a little while.

Quick Reply: My Big Block into a 4th Gen install journal...