2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Sad News

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I'll be willing to take that bet. Name your amount.
id like to get in on that too if its alright with you jason
Old 12-25-2006, 12:58 PM

No disrespect, but unless your cousin is a big shot in GM, I would't take his information to be credible.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:39 PM

Some of ya really have got to take the time learn how to read, or at least brush up on english comprehension.

The fellow says nothing about there NOT being a Z28, he says it's not going to be like past Z28s. That shouldn't be a mystery or surprise anyone.

I'm certain those of us who have been on the board for a few years very vividly remember that there wasn't going to be a 5th gen Z28. Even our resident Camaro guy said as much as recently as 2 years ago (till we badgered him nearly to death over this). SS was infact going to be the top Camaro. I think all of us agree that assuming the Z28 comes back (which has been heavily hinted at, and pretty much agreed on), it's going to be a later addition since it apparently bacame part of the mix after the fact.

I don't know 19z28camaro02, and I don't know how accurate his connections are, but he said "isnt gunna be a Z/28 package like there have been in every other generation".... which I think is very true. When the Z28 does come back, it's likely to be the top Camaro..... and therefore that high priced, probally $40K+ "super Camaro" instead of that modestly priced version powered by the 6.2 liter LS2 successor, which will likely be the Camaro SS.

That makes his statement... regardless as to if it came from a accurate source or not, by all indications, likely to be dead on.

Last edited by guionM; 12-25-2006 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by mdacton
when these new cars come out i bet they don't last 2 years before they get the ax

it won't sell
My head is spinning by this, I might have interpretted what you said wrong, but Im gonna need you to tell me exactly what you mean by this.

And as far as there being no Z28, I would be VERY suprised if they didnt build probably the most beloved Camaro out there. The Z28 is probably more important than the SS itself. I dont care if its better or faster than the SS, but we must have the Z28. And Im with the others when I say, who exactly is your cousin, and if he is some sort of trusted big-wig, why is he being so loose with such important info. If he is such a loud mouth that he cant keep it shut, I highly doubt that he would be trusted with such information in the first place.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:22 PM

i talked to my cousin as well and he said it will instead be a ws6 as the car will be coming back as the trans am and there will be no camaro!!!!

this is all b.s.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 19z28camaro02
I talked to my soon to be cousin, hes marrying into the family, and he says that there will be no "z28 package" there may be an equal, but we'll see the SSs on the road around july after they come out.
from what i understand from what he said, there isnt gunna be a Z/28 package like there have been in every other generation. If i understood him correctly, there is definately and SS, and the production numbers of the cars are gunna slowly increase as the pontiacs are phased out that are going to be built in the same Canadian plant. .

I think my reading comprehension is up to par here...seems like he's saying that there will be no Z-28 whatsoever. In the first quote, it's very apparent that that is what he's saying he heard. In the second one, he adds on and says that there won't be a Z-28 like there was in every other generation. Translated: There won't be a Z-28 in the 5th generation, unlike all the generations before it.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:59 PM

I thought we agreed that there may not be a Z28.... the first year back?
Old 12-25-2006, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
Some of ya really have got to take the time learn how to read, or at least brush up on english comprehension.
You're right of course. I don't remember learning the word "gunna" in my english classes.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:18 PM

Well what the hell are they gonna call the base V8 that will be competitively priced with the mustang? SS will be the base since there won't be a Z28? Or is this guy saying the base V8 will be called something else (not Z28)?

And no Guy, there's nothing wrong with anyone's reading comprehension. Without proper punctuation (which I'm sure I may not be using 100% correctly), a sentence so delicate can be interpreted either way, and we won't know til this guy comes back and tells us in plain, straight english.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by guionM

The fellow says nothing about there NOT being a Z28, he says it's not going to be like past Z28s. That shouldn't be a mystery or surprise anyone.

I'm certain those of us who have been on the board for a few years very vividly remember that there wasn't going to be a 5th gen Z28. Even our resident Camaro guy said as much as recently as 2 years ago (till we badgered him nearly to death over this). SS was infact going to be the top Camaro. I think all of us agree that assuming the Z28 comes back (which has been heavily hinted at, and pretty much agreed on), it's going to be a later addition since it apparently bacame part of the mix after the fact.

I don't know 19z28camaro02, and I don't know how accurate his connections are, but he said "isnt gunna be a Z/28 package like there have been in every other generation".... which I think is very true. When the Z28 does come back, it's likely to be the top Camaro..... and therefore that high priced, probally $40K+ "super Camaro" instead of that modestly priced version powered by the 6.2 liter LS2 successor, which will likely be the Camaro SS.

That makes his statement... regardless as to if it came from a accurate source or not, by all indications, likely to be dead on.

Considering the original poster refused to answer all my initial questions with nothing but elaboration of his initial post....I highly doubt he meant it that way - especially considering his very first post specifically said:
...he says that there will be no "z28 package"...
---------------------

Guess we'll assume that's NOT what he meant if he doesn't respond again though...

Either way...that's not the point really. Of course there are always people trying to be the first to reveal big news...but you can tell by his responses to my first posts that his cousin is probably just somebody with an opinion.

Last edited by fredmr39; 12-25-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Banned

I really don't see how this car is going to make it.....from what i have read it cost too much.

As far as sales go.....no offense but mustangs pretty much own the pony car sales

Not saying it won't be a great car etc... but they had a great car in 2002, and 01 and every other one...the sales just aren't there.

I kind of lost intrest anyway when i see the car, with the big rims etc.

But what do I know anyway......I won't purchase one thats all I know, good luck to you all
Old 12-25-2006, 06:54 PM

I really don't see how this car is going to make it....
-high demand
-massive media attention
-advertising (to replace the old non-existant ads)
-competitively priced
-nearly unbeatable bang-for-buck
-good looking car
-millions of enthusiasts

Old 12-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Admin Emeritus

I don't mean for this to sound like an argument, but just for the record...

I really don't see how this car is going to make it.....from what i have read it cost too much.
The goal is to be within $500 of a similarly equipped Mustang.

As far as sales go.....no offense but mustangs pretty much own the pony car sales
Part of that is due to fleet and rental car sales.

Not saying it won't be a great car etc... but they had a great car in 2002, and 01 and every other one...the sales just aren't there.
That is correct...in 2002. A lot can change in 7+ years.

I kind of lost intrest anyway when i see the car, with the big rims etc.
That is understandable, not everyone likes the new look.

But what do I know anyway......I won't purchase one thats all I know, good luck to you all
Thanks! Maybe the 2012 model will grow on you.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:03 PM
SEMA Media Team

Originally Posted by 94Camaro_Z_28
No Z28? Thats like.....well........Chevy with no Ford. Peanut butter without Jelly. There must be a Z28....there simply must.

Z06,Z28 > *.SS
I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a Z/28 right off, they dropped if for 75 and 76 so it's not like it would be unprecedented.

Last edited by metal; 12-25-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:14 PM

I could've sworn when the rumor mills REALLY went into full swing when you'd hear "Oh, it'll have an LS3..." "Oh there will be a higher performance supercharged LS2..." blah blah, one of them was that there would be no Z28 and it would be an "LT" or "LX" or something like the 2nd gen era. ( Pardon me if the naming convension that I'm referring to isn't dead on, it was before my time. )

Quick Reply: The Sad News