2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few thoughts about when the next Camaro comes out (and GM is making RWD again).

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 06:58 PM
KLB

Re: A few thoughts about when the next Camaro comes out (and GM is making RWD again).

Good thread, good debates. But, I have to mention one thing no has has seemed to talk about concerning the 4th Gens demise. That would be the shift in demographics to trucks during the 90s. To me, that was the biggest factor. Carry on...
Old 10-30-2005, 07:14 PM

Re: A few thoughts about when the next Camaro comes out (and GM is making RWD again).

Originally Posted by guionM
Agreed on the sidetrack part.
I think we have misinterpreted each other to the point that I am not sure what I am trying to argue over anymore. Several of the points I have tried to convey over and over are being misunderstood, and I am sure you are feeling the same way about my understanding of your posts. I just want to see the new Camaro perform as well as it possibly can.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by poSSum
I guess it's where I live and the car folks I tend to relate to the most (www.chirpthird.com), becuase there is very little in Guy's opening post that I agree with.
Not, its not just where you live, its apparently where both of us live.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by 94LightningGal

BTW, if anyone tries to play the "your a girl, you wouldn't understand" card, I will find you............... and pull your ******* over your head.
Hmmmm, after that quote, I'm either scared to death of you...or strangely attracted
Old 10-30-2005, 07:18 PM

You're right.
I just ONLY live here.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I have to bring to light that you still show no actual proof of the migration of import enthusiasts to the new Mustang, besides your own personal experience. Preaching your own experiences as gospel is something that obviously more than just myself in this post find incorrect.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by slayerxxx213
....So if you've actually driven other performance cars, driving a Camaro shouldn't be a very odd feeling. If a low driving postion does scare people off, then it's probably safe to assume they aren't very confident in their driving abilities and probably shouldn't be behind the wheel of such a car anyway
Wanna compare driving resume's? How about number of Mustangs and number of F-bodies owned, driven, and raced?

You're welcome to your opinion, but you might want to figure out your place in the food chain.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by FormulaLT193
RussStang, we live in the same town, and the import people that i know and rarely but somtimes hang out with and talk too, They all seem to like the new mustang, because its "Old School" almost every ricer ive ever talked to hates americans cars of today, but like and respect the cars from the 60's. since the new stang looks like its from the 60's, they seem to like it.
Really, well I have spent almost 2 years at the Automotive Training Center, and have been around nothing but real import enthusiasts, at not just guys who think they know what they are talking about. No one who has b16s or sr20s or 2jzs on the brain that I have talked to gave much of a thought to the new Mustang. The same goes for most of the UTI guys around here as well. I guess I have spent too much time around more than just mild enthusiasts.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:25 PM

BTW, if anyone tries to play the "your a girl, you wouldn't understand" card, I will find you............... and pull your ******* over your head.

Your a girl, you wouldn't understand.

(Just wanted to see if the proposed threat is even possible )
Old 10-30-2005, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Red Planet
One last thought.......I don't believe the 4th gen cars, overall, have a lot to apologize for.
And I completely agree with you there.

*Edit- sorry for taken up page 5 with so many small posts, by the time I had come back from watching the Eagles game this thread had exploded, and it is kind of hard to manage all of it in one post reply.

Last edited by RussStang; 10-30-2005 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:46 PM

Come out to California, and I'd be glad to.
Hmm...I live in Socal. I don't see any "import tuner mustangs". The only reason there is a Mustang in Formula D is to draw more domestic driven people to the sport...and NOT because all the import kiddies think it's cool...purely marketing.

Last edited by FerrMaro; 10-30-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:03 PM

Mustang GT sales are running about 55% right now. That would put it around 90,000 cars. Look up the sales figures of the EVO.

Are they close?.......No.

Does the Evo offer the same bang for the buck?....No.
(the IX is $33K and the MR is a jawdropping $36K. Mustang GTs start at $25K... well equpted.)

Mitsu Evo is a $31,000
Guy...none of this points to the Mustang "winning over" mass amounts of people in the import tuner crowd. These sales figures would have also applied in, say, 2002. I don't have the numbers in front of me obviously, but if I were a betting man I'd say the average age of a Mustang GT buyer has not changed between the SN95 model and the '05. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see an even slightly increased median age, as the retro styling especially pulls on the heartstrings of all the aging baby boomers.

Let's call the new Mustang exactly what it is...a rip-roaring success in most circles...but a car that doesn't translate well to sport compact guys. Why should it? A Honda Civic is not in the same class as an American pony car.

Last edited by Z28Wilson; 10-30-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Wanna compare driving resume's? How about number of Mustangs and number of F-bodies owned, driven, and raced?

You're welcome to your opinion, but you might want to figure out your place in the food chain.
Wow, I think I just struck a nerve ...No, I wouldn't want to compare resumes with you...I'd be rather embarressed, lol I didn't mean to step on any toes or **** anyone off with that post, I'm sorry if I did. I was just trying to say that I have a hard time understanding how someone could be so affected by sitting low in a car. Maybe I could have put it in a bit less abrasive terms than I did, I'll try to watch that from now on.

Bob, I didn't mean that post to be a personal attack against you, I'm sorry if you felt that way. I think your Cobra is bada$$, the '03-'04 Cobras are on the top of my list of favorite cars...Even if they are a Mustang
Old 10-30-2005, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by RussStang
Your a girl, you wouldn't understand.

(Just wanted to see if the proposed threat is even possible )
You did it !!!!!

You better watch out, the next time I am in PA.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Red Planet
One last thought.......I don't believe the 4th gen cars, overall, have a lot to apologize for.

I agree.... My "old, outdated" Camaro did a good job at putting a new 2005 Mustang GT in its place.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:46 PM

great thread...now let me jump in(spent the weekend playing soul caliber 3 with my girl and her dad )

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
yes to 1-4 no to 5BECAUSE THE DEALER DIDN"T WANT TO SELL ME ONE!

actual conversation (nov.2000)
ME: how much for a new Z28?
DEALER: you don't want one of those because they are too much.

same thing happened to me. 1999, went to look at an SS. did the introduction thing with the salesman, then he asks me how old i am(i was 20) so i tell him. i ask him about the SS in the showroom and he says "that's too much car for you , maybe a Cavalier might be more what you're looking for" keep in mind, i'd been drag racing(legally) since i turned 17 and had a close to 400 plus, 10.5 tire Camaro at that point, and had about $20K to put down on the car. i turned around and walked out. went to the next dealer and proceeded to get pushed towards something else again. needless to say i got a 93 Z28 from the local FORD dealer the next day. and they were trying to get me into a Mustang GT!!!!!!

GM dealers had this bad habit of not wanting to sell Fbods to anyone under the age of 30 around me, while the Ford dealers would go out of their way to get you into whatever you wanted.

You did it !!!!!

You better watch out, the next time I am in PA.

let me know when this is happening, i don't live that far away and i got a nice video cam

Quick Reply: A few thoughts about when the next Camaro comes out (and GM is making RWD again).