West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

I got into A&M!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 10:08 AM

sorry we don't meet your PARIS TEXAS standards
Old 04-30-2004, 10:22 AM

A&M

I'm currently at Texas A&M. Class of 07. I love it here. And I agree, don't listen to all these people bashing A&M. People at A&M are friendlier than any other people I know. And the traditions and high standard of learning are what keep this school unique and better than other schools. Yeah, you made a good choice at A&M, you won't regret it.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:13 PM

I am from Dallas and I hate to tell you this but Lubbock has everything Dallas has pretty much. Yall just arent going to the right parties and meeting the right people. I am not trying to start ****, but to each his own
Old 04-30-2004, 12:16 PM

I'm sure Lubbock has alot I havn't done. But i'm not much for goign to parties. And i've been to lubbock ALOT...hell i was born in lubbock. Just not my place and Tech definitly isn't for me. I'd rather go to A&M and have a recognized M.E. degree.

William
Old 04-30-2004, 12:27 PM

Originally posted by will69camaro
I'd rather go to A&M and have a recognized M.E. degree.
EXACTLY!...THAT is what matters...not who has the best parties...

thinking LONG TERM is always a good idea hehe
Old 04-30-2004, 12:31 PM

man Tech ahs a great education that is offered, I just brought that up becasue he said he was having no fun and did nothing social. both schools have their strong points just leave it at that
Old 04-30-2004, 01:02 PM

I will leave it that both schools have their good points and their bad. I feel (my opinion) is that my money is better spent at A&M rather than Tech. For the degree that I am going into and the connections that i can come out of school with at A&M is better than i could get at Tech. Like i said my mom went to Tech and i'm sure alot has changed but she didnt' like the quality of education that she recieved there or the student-faculty relations.

William
Old 04-30-2004, 01:15 PM

it has changed dramatically from what I have heard, i attend there now(TECH) and enjoy it. There are points I hate about the school definitely, but no school is perfect. Anyway good luck to you man at A&M honestly, i hope it is a better fit for you. Just not my cup of tea. thanks
Old 04-30-2004, 01:22 PM

I'm very sure it will be better than my current school CSU. I like it up here but it's just not for me, i'm ready to be back in Texas. Looking forward to the difference in cost as well. I'm paying 23k a year at CSU and i'm sure it's cheaper as a resident in Texas. We'll see how things go. Good luck to you at Tech as well. I have a few friends up there. Both drive newer LS1's.

William
Old 04-30-2004, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by PhatT/A

don't listen to all the A&M haters....an A&M education is 1st class!!
1st class education compared to what...? ITT Tech?

aTm will never compete with the education that's had at your Baylor, Rice, TCU...

Last edited by Somnambulist; 04-30-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:37 PM

LOL TCU?? There aren't many Texas schools that ranked higher in Mechanical Engineering, which is the only field i care about, than A&M. I will give it to UT they were ranked higher but not by much. That's just from what i've found.

William
Old 04-30-2004, 01:41 PM

where did you go to college Somnambulist?

Baylor a 1st class education??!!!!! You have got to be kidding me... I got acepted to Baylor(LAUGH), Rice, Texas Univ.....I CHOSE A&M...Baylor was a joke...UT was decent but Austin wasnt for me...Rice was only a choice considering the major I originally had started with and what my plans were gonna be for grad studies(that changed)....as things turned out A&M was the perfect choice for my major....plenty of hard facts to prove A&M's worth amongst other 1st class institutions...

opinions are like a$$holes...everybody has one...

show me proof/facts that A&M sucks otherwise keep looking like a jealous hater
Old 04-30-2004, 01:46 PM

Yea i got accepted that everywhere i applied but at the time i didnt' want to go to a texas school but my top two choices were UT and A&M in texas but i went to CSU. As far as A&M not having a 1st class degree. Your right they're not ranked number one on this list for engineering but none of the schools you listed are above them.

http://www.graduateshotline.com/ranks/
Old 04-30-2004, 01:58 PM

How can one be a "jealous hater" if aTm accepts anyone and everyone? That right there discredits whatever you've said there big guy...sorry

Mechanical engineering and veterinary science, I do give aTm that, but considering how large of an institution it is (50k+) I'd hope they'd be good at something...this can be said for any large institution...

So if you're the intelligent guy that you say you are ("I got into Rice, Baylor, etc") then why did you make the dumb decision to settle on a mediocre school such at Texas aTm?

Where I go to school doesn't matter whatsoever...

Last edited by Somnambulist; 04-30-2004 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:00 PM

Originally posted by PhatT/A
Baylor a 1st class education??!!!!!
Yeah who'd think Baylor had a 1st class education considering they're about a half decade away from becoming tier one?