V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

$70 Electric SuperCharger??? Do these work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Evolution223
Why the hect would you want to drive around in a '93? that car is 15 years old?

Because we all have different preferences, I like the v6 because it's cheap to maintain, insure and gas up and my 2000 looks better than you're 93 and is more reliable.

I don't trust nitrous, I've heard people say you're engine runs hot and you get crappy mileage and the chemicals in it are acid like and it will eat the metal in you're engine over time. I don't know this for a fact but I already know that it's expensive and a major PIA to use.

Wow.....where to start. You will see a gain with those....about as much as the throttle body bypass. You will not see 25hp from a fan or two. Wont happen.

One word. Catfish.

Apparently you need to find people that know how to install NOS and watch the A/F ratio a little better.

If you got the money give it a go. Make sure you dyno before and dyno after....you will be dissapointed. As stated, spend the money on gears or something else that makes use of the hp you already have.

In closing.....

ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGERS DO NOT WORK

BTW, how old are you, 16?
Old 01-19-2008, 03:46 PM

It will do more to help performance to do a back seat delete than to put this fan in the intake. On the MPG side I get 28-30 in the SS with a M6 on the highway, the 3800 fiero can get to 30 MPG if I can stay out of the gas and drive the speed limit. I get about 24 MPG if I drive 75-80. Try asking on a 3800 cite like http://www.3800pro.com
Old 01-19-2008, 04:34 PM

Buy a leaf blower and plumb it into your intake tract. Probably will hold more boost than these things.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Injuneer
the negative feedback comments all note that the unit is a piece of poo, and will not make boost.

Freakin cool......? No.

freakin waste of money? Yea
Old 01-19-2008, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by BC2002SS
It will do more to help performance to do a back seat delete than to put this fan in the intake. On the MPG side I get 28-30 in the SS with a M6 on the highway, the 3800 fiero can get to 30 MPG if I can stay out of the gas and drive the speed limit. I get about 24 MPG if I drive 75-80. [/url]
- everyone knows you are not getting 30 mpg in a SS. You are so full of

and

None of you clowns have any experience with electric superchargers yet you all claim that you are experts and you can't possibly create 2-3 psi with a $70 piece of equiment like it is some miracle of science or something.

I think its more like because it's not your idea and you don't have one so it must be stupid. I think you people are morons all together, coming and going.

And I'm not wasting money on a dyno, I don't throw away money like a stupid monkey, I don't care about numbers anyway, if these things do what they say they will I will feel the difference and that's all I care about.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Banned

fools learn the hard way
Old 01-19-2008, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Evolution223
- everyone knows you are not getting 30 mpg in a SS. You are so full of

and

None of you clowns have any experience with electric superchargers yet you all claim that you are experts and you can't possibly create 2-3 psi with a $70 piece of equiment like it is some miracle of science or something.

I think its more like because it's not your idea and you don't have one so it must be stupid. I think you people are morons all together, coming and going.

And I'm not wasting money on a dyno, I don't throw away money like a stupid monkey, I don't care about numbers anyway, if these things do what they say they will I will feel the difference and that's all I care about.
Benn watching this thread...can't refrain anymore.

You are the one who cam here and asked about this "miracle" of an electric supercharger. When people correctly informed you that it's a waste a money, time and will more than likely not net you any gains, YOU are the one who got defensive. None of these "clowns" have any experience with these electric superchargers because none of these "clowns" are stupid enough to buy one. It's good that you attempted to do your homework before buying one of these pieces of crap, but what's the point if you aren't going to listen to anyone?

It's your money, so do what you want with it, but you better learn that there are many, many snakeoil products in this world promising you real-world results and most of them are bogus. But if you want to continue to believe everything you read on some ebay sellers page, go for it. Goodluck with your miracle product. Be sure to post those dyno results after you install it.

Caveat Emptor my friend!
Old 01-19-2008, 05:59 PM

Dude you better close up your plug gap, increase the size of your fuel injectors, install a 3 bar MAP, and throw some C16 in that sucker cuz your motor is SURE to pop with all that boost. Better throw the ET Streets on, upgrade to a Dana 60 and 4 link, and do a superglide swap to make sure you get that power to the ground also.

Actually I also suggest sealing your mouth (tightly) around your single exit exhaust and sucking for all you're worth when that car's on the dyno. Its gonna need the free-est breathing exhaust of all time to allow for those fans to reach their full potential.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Eternal Member

Lightbulb

Well, that'll be enough of this thread - again.

Please refrain from requesting information and opinions if you cannot handle the answers like a mature adult.

Much the same, please do not childishly reply with insults to questions you deem stupid, moronic, and so on...