Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

WRX's ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 07:22 AM

WRX's ???

Anyone have much expeirence with WRX's i haven't raced any. I have one that wants to race for $$. I know he does not have the stock turbo on it and he has most bolt-ons. I ran a 12.78@109 last year before the 58mmTB, 30lb inj's, and MSD. I have a wet kit waiting to be installed but don't think I'll get to it before the race happens. Is it drivers race or what?
Old 03-23-2005, 08:04 AM

Re: WRX's ???

If he can drive he will eat you off the line. Most WRX owners dont know that they can rev their cars up to the rev limiter and just drop the clutch. If they all did that they would all have killer 60' times. I have seen stock 2.5RS' eat Z28's and even corvettes of the line. Just try to get your best launch and go for it. What does he run?
Old 03-23-2005, 08:05 AM

They are mid to low 14 second @ 94-96 mph stock.

It really depends on what he has done. If he has an upgraded turbo and supporting mods, I would assume he's pushing over 240 rwhp which can get those cars to high 12's. To get those times though, they need to basically launch off the rev limiter. From a dig, he will have you for a while and you will have to reel him in. The longer the race, the better off you are. Anything short of a 1/4 mile is way in his favor.

Anything from a role is heavily in your favor.

I wouldn't put a lot of money down on the race.

Dan
Old 03-23-2005, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by BlkLT1Z28
Most WRX owners dont know that they can rev their cars up to the rev limiter and just drop the clutch. If they all did that they would all have killer 60' times.
If they did that, they'd also have killer bills for a new tranny every time they did that. They're not indestructable! There would be transmission pieces everywhere about the second time you did that.

It's quite possible to run 1.70 60ft's or quicker with a non-abusive launch in an AWD car.

People who launched like that and then wanted warranty repairs is what made Subaru install a clutch limiting device on the later cars (like mine). Now even the slightest agressive use of the clutch is impossible. They've built in a limiting valve that grannies the engagement no matter what you do with the pedal. Now I've got to find it & remove mine so my 60's can get better than 1.85's.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by BlkLT1Z28
What does he run?
Don't know he hasn't been to the track with it. I will be his first race since he modded it.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:10 AM

Do you know the person or is it just someone you met? If you know him or know the car I would say go for it. But if its someone you dont know I wouldnt put to much on it. Hell i had a 75 shot on my car and nobody knew about it b/c I always had som much crap in my back seat so you couldnt see the bottle, the lines were ran clean and under trim pieces and my soleniods were tucked between my master cylinder and shock tower and my nozzle cam up from underneath so you couldnt see it. I didnt hide it on purpose it just happened to be the best place to put and hey if they didnt notice it to bad for them. Either way, he will want to go from a dig for the obvious reasons and you from a roll. Just make sure its a 1/4 or more and you will be better off.

Well, I understand that it doesnt make sense to just drop the clutch like that, but I meant it like let off rather quickly, not feathering but not side steping it either. That sucks that Subi did that but I guess it just covers there butts. But my friend would launch his 2.5 pretty hard. He never had any problems, but it was slow.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:36 PM

They definately have the potential to run fast and are killer from a dig...hell need a good amount of mods to hang w/ ya just make sure you dont blow your launch.