Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

95 Z28 Vs. 04 Cobra.... oh wow...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 07:27 PM

Re: 95 Z28 Vs. 04 Cobra.... oh wow...

its unbelievable...... what a bunch of goons... keep it up... the keyboard courage intimidates me.......
Old 09-28-2004, 07:35 PM

and on another note... i never said my TBI 305 could beat or even stay neck and neck with an LT1.... the loss wasnt all that bad, is all i was saying..... most 3rd gens couldnt keep up with me, or didnt have the ***** to..... i take my driving to the extreme..... and no i dont care what you think of its safety on the street, the way i see it? we all gotta die sometime... and if it was doing something i enjoyed then **** it... i wont have anything to regret now will i? but i dont usually endanger other people... as in driving on the wrong side of the freeway or somethin... but the fact is that LT1 wasnt modded, was an automatic, may have had some other issues with it, but nothing visable... and he was only about 2 - 3 car lengths ahead of me.... steadily pulling, but LS1s would take off and be 6 car lengths ahead before i hit 3rd gear.... (hot LS1s anyways...) im speaking in terms of driving skill... not HP... that guy couldnt drive his auto any better than i could drive my stick... and that says a lot about him.... i KNOW that car coulda took me downa hell of a lot worse than he did... and he DID take me down, but not like he was supposed to..... because i knew how to drive what i had, and he didnt... end of story...
Old 09-28-2004, 07:44 PM

have you ever considered professional bracket racing? Seeing how you take your driving skills to the extreme....

TONY

haha don't you think its funny about how you point out that the LT1 that you "kept up with" was an auto (as in slower than M6), but now you have an auto LT1 and it's F-ing fast?

Last edited by toneloc12345; 09-28-2004 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:47 PM

i would like to.. but seeing as how i cant make it to the track every weekend or even once a month to run my car (lack of funds) how am i supposed to get into anything but street racing? stoplight to stoplight... most i pay is car parts and gas.... i just dont have the money for anything else.... but hey, one day then i can throw 10 grand under my hood and be pulling 10s then it will be worth my time at the track...
Old 09-28-2004, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by ZeeDub
here we go, bob cosby once again telling me that i didnt have what i know i had... or that im not capable of doing something i did plenty of times....
Inaccurate statement. I said that you could not beat a stock LT1 F-body with a mostly-stock LO3 92 RS M5 (about the same weight, about the same gearing, about 100 HP difference). The only caveat to that is if

A) The LT1 wasn't racing
B) The LT1 driver totally screwed up
C) The LT1 had a very major mechanical problem.

I stand by my conclusion. You are welcome to stand by yours. Those that read this will come to their own conclusions.

keep in mind, the idiot claiming something is in capable of being done, is only interrupted by the one who did it!
Assuming that I am the idiot to which you refer, and that you are the one to claim to have done the above, then I stick by my claim that it is BS.

you can state your claims all you want about me not having a chance in hell with an auto LT1.... but ive got witnesses to say that he only beat me be half a car length....
Completely indefensible claim. Further, see above statements.

and no i dont care why... i dont care if you think his car had vaccuum leaks, or a blown head gasket, or a fuccin dead cylinder... or just a bad driver...
In addition to my A) and B) above, those are possibilities, though I suspect the LT1 would still beat you with "vaccuum leaks, or a blown head gasket, or a fuccin dead cylinder... or just a bad driver...".

i dont CARE what you say dude...
I believe that to be an inaccurate statement, as you continue to reply to my posts.

i know what i did, and despite your ill educated claims of knowing what ive done in my lifetime, im proud of what ive accomplished...
I'm sure you are.

im not looking for a pat on the back from you man
This is fortunate.

im trying to shut you up
You are doing a very poor job of it. Kindly refer to previously posted advice on a recommended course of action to obtain this goal.

by letting you know that i HAVE DONE everything you say i could NOT do.....
I am sure you believe this. I am sure I do not.

how the fucc are you gonna tell me what is possible for me to have done?
Basic physics dictates otherwise.

if i tell you i know its possible for a v6 camaro to hang with a v8 of the same year and both cars are stock... you would probably laugh and give me the same routine you just did...
Correct. This is no different than saying that your 170 HP 3500 lb car could not keep up with a 275 3500 lb car.

but i would accept it because i have not had the chance to prove it to myself to be a fallacy or otherwise..
Please see basic physics statement above.

but when you try to tell me that i have not done something i have witnesses watching me do.... that only pisses me off more....
I'm sorry.

i told you before im not going to respond to your bullsh|t anymore...
This is inaccurate, as you just did reply to my bullsh|t (your word, not mine).

and i fucced up....
We have a point of agreement.

should have been true to that
We have two points of agreement.

but for some reason i thought you would grow a brain and realize that you cant tell a person that has been there and done that, that its not possible....
That is an inaccurate statement, as I don't believe that you have been or done much of what you claim.

but.. i guess not...
Correct.

so you keep talkin to yourself and your little buddies about why im full of crap and i couldnt possibly have done what i did...
Ok, I will.

and i will continue to hold the respect of my peers
Could you point them out to us, please?

for having done what the great bob cosby claims is impossible to do....
I'm not great, and by any reasonable measure, what you claim is not possible.

i guess i have you to thank for that.... dont i?
You're certainly welcome.

Good evening.

Last edited by Bob Cosby; 09-28-2004 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:10 PM

^... LOL
line by line... just the way i like it
Old 09-28-2004, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by mergleh00SS
^... LOL
line by line... just the way i like it
It does NOT get any better than that.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:24 PM

ZeeDub trying to Battle Bob......It's like a midget getting it's nuts stomped by a Clydesdale
Old 09-28-2004, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by scott9050
ZeeDub trying to Battle Bob......It's like a midget getting it's nuts stomped by a Clydesdale

OMFG! This thread is KILLING me! I love it!

Well, I better go do some mods to my LT1 so that I don't get taken down by any TBI 305s....
Old 09-28-2004, 10:31 PM

This thread gives me headache... hard to read... Run on sentence... Hard to read... Please learn English.... makes post easier to read... please be kind to those trying to read... thanks....
Old 09-28-2004, 10:58 PM

Hey Zeedub why dont you just meet up with one of my buddies who has a stock LS1 in the Ptown area? Then you can prove yourself.

I mean theres is no way anywone will EVER believe you beating even a stock LS1 unless you do something like that....or post a timeslip.

Not knocking on you or anything, Im just saying..You have a hard time believing LS1s are high 12 cars stock. So back it up. There are plenty of people that would be willing to back up the LS1 but very, very few back up the LT1 in this case.

Again, Im not hating on you, but Im providing a good means of settling this.

You meet up with someone with a stock/lightly modded LS1, be it auto or stick, and run them.

Come back, report the results, and you will be vindicated.

simple.

Otherwise, the BS will just rattle on and on.....and on...

Although it is VERY entertaining to read you guys go back and forth

I was just entertained while I read this thread(about 30 mins of slow reading while drinking my Dr. Pepper and smoking my Marlboro Lights and relaxing)
Old 09-28-2004, 11:03 PM

Thumbs up Re: 95 Z28 Vs. 04 Cobra.... oh wow...

but the fact is that LT1 wasnt modded, was an automatic, may have had some other issues with it, but nothing visable... and he was only about 2 - 3 car lengths ahead of me.... steadily pulling
If I may interject, and I'm quite suprised given your usually lucid replies, but this statement contradicts your previous claim regarding the race with the LT1.
I'll refresh your memory.
I had a 92 305 Camaro RS with a 5 speed..... and with nothing but intake, no cat, and flowmasters, i was able to hang with an LT1...
...as well as...
...you can state your claims all you want about me not having a chance in hell with an auto LT1.... but ive got witnesses to say that he only beat me be half a car length...
I would recommend that you proofread your posts for accuracy and correlation with prior lies, fibs, exaggerations and fabrications before hitting the "Submit" button.
S.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Snorman
If I may interject, and I'm quite suprised given your usually lucid replies, but this statement contradicts your previous claim regarding the race with the LT1.
I'll refresh your memory.
[/b]I would recommend that you proofread your posts for accuracy and correlation with prior lies, fibs, exaggerations and fabrications before hitting the "Submit" button.
S.
I noticed that too but I didnt want to say anything, plus I didnt want to go back and quote...too lazy
Old 09-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Banned

Location: Whinersville, USA formerly known as Philadelphia, PA

Originally Posted by BirchMan98z
Be a mentor, not judge/jury/executioner.
True, There's only enough rooom at CZ for one of us.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:42 AM

"Could you point them out to us, please? "

ill only point out this..... i dont give a flying fucc about you, or anyone elses opinion in this place..... my respect is held elsewhere, because people i associate myself with dont make random assumptions, and flap their lips continuously... and all this? because they respect me, and know that if they choose to lose that respect, i will ask them to refrain from being in my presence... and if they choose to disrespect that wish...... they also know im going to take offense to it with a passion.... and thats when it would get ugly...... im no bully, and i dont look for fights, i hate them... but fact is, people respect me because i treat them with respect.... and even in here, i wasnt the one running around the posts looking for something to try and pawn off my knowledge on... that was all you bob... i made one post about something and you decided to be a dick-head about it and make a stink.... was it any of your business? it was about me racing a 5.0... and all the little scavengers came in and decided to talk trash about how a mildly modded LT1 couldnt beat a mildly modded 5.0 stang.... what a bunch of hypocrite losers... im sorry to say, but 60% of you goons are flaming queers.... and i will ONLY ask advice when i need it... if you choose to answer? ok... fine... if not? i could give a damn... you all may know how to work on these cars more than i do, but your internet personalities are 100% dog sh*t...... bunch of keyboard badasses... and i dont dig the type of person that will only call u up, or write you an email talkin sh*t.... shows no moral character... which is something i have lots of..........

Quick Reply: 95 Z28 Vs. 04 Cobra.... oh wow...