Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

95 Z28 Vs. 04 Cobra.... oh wow...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 09:44 AM

Re: 95 Z28 Vs. 04 Cobra.... oh wow...

Come on now, don't blow your credibility. The block isn't what makes the engine so strong - it is the overbored crankshaft. I had a pic somewhere....I'll go try and find it.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by ZeeDub
OR he was at half throttle damn near the whole race... COME ON GUYS! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?!?!? .... granted i DO know a driver makes a difference.. mainly in how they hook up off the line... after that? its just shift speed... and he didnt miss any shifts...
While this may not be true of the Cobra, with my Z06, short shifting makes a big difference in E.T. and MPH, since the peak horsepower is right near redline.

.. the fact that on a timeslip i would have proof that i wasnt too much slower than a new 04 cobra...
Yeah, but you don't have one, so you have no proof. You have a SLIGHTLY modded LT1, and you think you're just a bit slower than an '04 Cobra? Keep dreaming.

it was to my knowledge that the SC version only came out in 2004+....
Ever hear of verifying what you think is true? The Eaton roots type SC DOHC Cobra came out in '03. http://www.modernracer.com/history/f...rahistory.html

you guys seriously underestimate my car man....
I disagree. You seriously OVERestimate your car. Essentially what you're saying is that your car is as fast or faster than an LS1. I don't buy it at all, not with the limited amount of mods that you have.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:59 AM

Bob- You're killing me! That line-by-line breakdown is one of the funniest posts I've ever read!

ZeeDub- There is two ways to restore your credibility to this thread. 1) Go to an actual racetrack, and show us YOUR 12 second timeslip (not the Cobras...). 2) Quit while you are behind. Not trying to rag on you, but this thread and your explanation of it is pretty damn ridiculous.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:21 PM

Bob Cosby- Are you always this arrogant with people on the board or do you just have something up your a$$ today? Zeedub- I give you props for hanging with that Cobra, they are very fast vehicles.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by nj87ttype
Bob Cosby- Are you always this arrogant with people on the board or do you just have something up your a$$ today?
Yes, and yes. As far as you know.

Stick around and find out, shippy.

Zeedub- I give you props for hanging with that Cobra, they are very fast vehicles.
Actually, I think my 04 is rather slow.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:06 PM

What I find humorous is people actually being concerned with credibility that someone designates they should or should not have-----on the internet. I'm sure they'll be losing sleep over it. What you guys need to realize is some people are still learning, some of you have 20 or more years of experience on these guys, give 'em a break. Either they'll learn their sh*t or they won't, but there's no need to publicly humiliate them, whether you like them or not. If they're as dumb as you assume, they'll humiliate themselves. Be a mentor, not judge/jury/executioner.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:13 PM

Very well said Birchman98z.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by BirchMan98z
Be a mentor, not judge/jury/executioner.
I nominate BirchMan98z to be the mentor for ZeeDub. Good luck, BirchMan
Old 09-26-2004, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by BirchMan98z
Either they'll learn their sh*t or they won't, but there's no need to publicly humiliate them, whether you like them or not. If they're as dumb as you assume, they'll humiliate themselves. Be a mentor, not judge/jury/executioner.
I have no problem with someone with limited automotive knowledge, but to brag about yourself and your "expert" knowledge and tell everyone that you know more than them (while saying some ridiculous things I might add) is setting yourself up to be called out, plain and simple. I still find it humerous that Bob's identity was questioned in another thread and at some of the other banter that has been used. If you do not know something, admit it. There is no shame in that.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:08 PM

all i know that a4 LT1's are F-ing fast!!! Bob please no more auto bashing

TONY
Old 09-26-2004, 08:18 PM

LOL. Wanna know a dirty little secret? I LOVE A4s with loose converters. IMHO, they are a ton of fun to drive, both on the street and at the track. They suck gas, but oh well. Problem is, Ford A4s suck. Plain and simple. Add to that the fact that you'd need a converter about the size of a quarter to make a n/a DOHC perform at the track, and you'll soon realize why there are virtually no n/a A4 DOHC Cobra's out there.

I'll be glad to cut Zeedoo some slack. Starting now.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:43 PM

FWIW, let me through a couple of my pennies in here. Was at the track last month running my '04 Cobra. After making a couple of 12.1 passes (on F1's) a fellow Cobra owner walks over to check out my car. His was an '03 vert, other than that the cars were virtually identical, 2.8 pulley, CAI, flasher, midpipe and CB. He thought something was wrong with his car, he had bought it used. His best pass was a 13.4. He asked me to make a pass in his car, so I took it down the track. Now I am by no means a great driver, nowhere near as good as Mr Cosby but I'm pretty decent. Without really beating on the car like I do mine, with one pass only in the car I ran a 12.60. Kinda lends credence to the non-driver part of this story. You may have stayed close to the driver, but not the car.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by nuke61

No one is ragging on Zeedub for being "knowledge-challenged". Its him yapping about his near-stock LT1 being...and I quote... "this car is FUH-KING FAST!!!! nuff said..." Wow.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:02 PM

low 14 second eh? LOL wow... im just gonna leave you to pat yourself on the back, its obviously a very intimate thing you share with yourself....
Old 09-27-2004, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by nuke61
lol I'm just an advice giver, not a miracle worker... although some of my good friends started out as some of my worst enemies, we all have something in common here: a love for cars, be them fords, chevys, pontiac, imports, whatever. People I consider friends now I started out disliking, but you just have to get to know people, keep an open mind. Help a guy install an intake manifold, or a set of longtubes and you can learn a lot about them.

Quick Reply: 95 Z28 Vs. 04 Cobra.... oh wow...