Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

95 Z28 Vs. 04 Cobra.... oh wow...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 12:45 AM

Re: 95 Z28 Vs. 04 Cobra.... oh wow...

fwiw, one of my old bosses had a '97 a4 lt1 with more/better mods than you, including 3.73 gears. i raped him from a dig and a roll (this was before the ls6 cam).
Old 09-28-2004, 02:31 AM

mmkay... and this means what to me? your (claiming) running 13 flat damn near.... which is damn good for any Fbody... although, i dont see much of a long list of crap on your car... GoFast908Z has way more than that... and as i said, hes pullin mid 13s.... so either your in one hell of a climate.... or your barkin up your own tree....in other words... full of sh*t! but i dont think so... i think now that i have pondered the idea of climate control, driver ability, and traction problems (the local track is Infineon raceway... and they recently did a re paving of the drag strip, so everyone has been losing time from wheelspin) i would probably assume GoFast could probably catch a time better than yours if he had a stall converter, shiftkit, and managed to hook up perfectly.... so yeah, good ****.... but you also have 3.72 gears... so how can you use his car as a comparison? its the same car, with the same basic mods... with less base HP, and the same gearing... OF COURSE YOUR GONNA WIN!
Old 09-28-2004, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by ZeeDub
it was not a threat... im just letting you know that upon recieving your "courteous" remarks in person, i am not the type of person to hesitate in engaging in a physical scuffle... thats all
Ok. Sounds like a Jr High School threat to me. Too bad I only get to the San Diego area on my trips out west.

maybe not... but at the same time you defend yourself and hold yourself on a higher sense of respect than me... thats not cool man..
This statement makes no sense.

not quite sure what you mean by that... but ok... maybe you could explain some more? i mean of course you should do the car right, and use nothing but the best parts, and match them to the car for best results... but who doesnt try to do that? its about economy, and having the money to do what you want... some people.. like me.. have a bit of a harder time doing that, and are happy with what we have worked hard to get... just my $0.02...
My point was that I try to run fast with mostly stock ("wrong") parts. Not just talk of being fast on the street, but at verifiable numbers from the track.

I had a 92 305 Camaro RS with a 5 speed..... and with nothing but intake, no cat, and flowmasters, i was able to hang with an LT1... automatic of course, but you get the picture...
Yes I do. The "picture" in this case is that you are typing falsehoods (how's that for tact?). In 1992, a 305 RS Camaro was equipped with a 170 HP LO3 V8. There is no way on God's green earth that this car, with those minor bolt-ons, could have come anywhere near a stock LT1 that was actually trying to race.

Yes, I got the picture.

i know how to drive a stick, and i do know that it can be a bit of a challenge to operate an auto with perfection
This is an inaccurate statement. As previously stated, a mostly stock LT1 A4 takes virtually no skill to launch effectively.

an auto is a waste among racing... its nice... and fun... but has no real place at the track unless its built completely bulletproof and matched precisely for what the car needs
The vast majority of "race cars" use automatic transmissions. Calling them a "waste" shows a basic lack of knowledge of the subject.

probably... but we were speaking in terms of HP at the crank.... i would say (educated estimate) i am probably running about 290 at the crank... maybe 300 max...
Likely correct. However, it is what gets to the ground that counts. A stock LS1 is capable of 300+ RWHP, or ~350 at the crank.

yep.... and it would be the same conditions for a bone stock SS to make it down the track in the mid-high 12s as well....
Incorrect statement. Evidence. Note statement in that article about the weather conditions.

but i am serious when i say i am serious competition for an LS1
Unless your car is modded much more than you say, this is virtually impossible.

i just know its much faster than any other LT1 ive driven
It is impossible to say this with authority, as you do not have any actual data to back this up, other than your perceptions. A famous drag racer once said "the seat of the pants is the world's biggest liar". Words to race by.

think now that i have pondered the idea of climate control, driver ability, and traction problems
Please explain "climate control" and how it pertains to this conversation.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:38 AM

Wow ZeeDub, its obvious you don't know when to quit.

Of all the diatribe you have spit, I have to say the Comment:

an auto is a waste among racing... its nice... and fun... but has no real place at the track unless its built completely bulletproof and matched precisely for what the car needs
Is my favorite. Have You ever rode in a car with a big stall, or met someone serious about bracket racing? Or for that matter EVER Been "at the track"? I would think not, because you'd laugh at your post.

Last edited by Kris93/95Z28; 09-28-2004 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:15 AM

mmkay... and this means what to me? your (claiming) running 13 flat damn near.... which is damn good for any Fbody... although, i dont see much of a long list of crap on your car... GoFast908Z has way more than that... and as i said, hes pullin mid 13s.... so either your in one hell of a climate.... or your barkin up your own tree....in other words... full of sh*t! but i dont think so...
i dunno what to tell you about gofast's car. i got the timeslip here to back it all up, though. along with 8-9 others from the same day. my 13.09 run was against a hugger orange ls1 ss on spray. he ran a 12.3@118.6. i don't know his user name on this board, but it is tooclean on ls1.com. you can ask him if you'd like. that particular run was in heat that was well over 90 degrees with a good dose of southern humidity thrown in to boot.

as for what my previous post has to do with you- my boss had a strong running, lightly modded a4 lt1 and i wasted him with not many mods. the difference in rwhp was more like 50-60 hp, not 30.

so how can you use his car as a comparison? its the same car, with the same basic mods... with less base HP, and the same gearing... OF COURSE YOUR GONNA WIN!
i'm not saying that i shouldn't win. i'm saying that it wasn't close. well, it was close from a dig until i hit second. from i roll i walked him pretty good. the higher the speeds got, the harder i pulled.

edit- check this thread, zeedub: http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188659

Last edited by jthomas; 09-28-2004 at 02:46 PM. Reason: new info
Old 09-28-2004, 10:03 AM

ZeeDub sometimes a man has to cut his loses and get out of a situation. You're fighting an uphill battle here. Claims of cars performance can be settled at only one place and that's the track. Take your car there and fill us in when once you did. I'd be interested to see what it runs.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Birchman....that's pretty good advice, and is easily forgotten in the heat of selfish fun. We certainly were all rookies or novices or whatever at one time. In many (most?) ways, all of us still are. I admit to getting rather carried away sometimes in the "heat of the fun".
Well that's half the fun isn't it? lol
Old 09-28-2004, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by filbielansk
ZeeDub sometimes a man has to cut his loses and get out of a situation. You're fighting an uphill battle here. Claims of cars performance can be settled at only one place and that's the track. Take your car there and fill us in when once you did. I'd be interested to see what it runs.
or a dyno for braggin rights. I'm rather proud of my 316 rwhp and 326rwtq on a bone friggin' stock 98 z28.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:27 PM

here we go, bob cosby once again telling me that i didnt have what i know i had... or that im not capable of doing something i did plenty of times.... keep in mind, the idiot claiming something is in capable of being done, is only interrupted by the one who did it! you can state your claims all you want about me not having a chance in hell with an auto LT1.... but ive got witnesses to say that he only beat me be half a car length.... and no i dont care why... i dont care if you think his car had vaccuum leaks, or a blown head gasket, or a fuccin dead cylinder... or just a bad driver... i dont CARE what you say dude... i know what i did, and despite your ill educated claims of knowing what ive done in my lifetime, im proud of what ive accomplished... im not looking for a pat on the back from you man, im trying to shut you up by letting you know that i HAVE DONE everything you say i could NOT do..... how the fucc are you gonna tell me what is possible for me to have done? if i tell you i know its possible for a v6 camaro to hang with a v8 of the same year and both cars are stock... you would probably laugh and give me the same routine you just did... but i would accept it because i have not had the chance to prove it to myself to be a fallacy or otherwise.. but when you try to tell me that i have not done something i have witnesses watching me do.... that only pisses me off more.... i told you before im not going to respond to your bullsh|t anymore... and i fucced up....should have been true to that, but for some reason i thought you would grow a brain and realize that you cant tell a person that has been there and done that, that its not possible.... but.. i guess not... so you keep talkin to yourself and your little buddies about why im full of crap and i couldnt possibly have done what i did... and i will continue to hold the respect of my peers for having done what the great bob cosby claims is impossible to do.... i guess i have you to thank for that.... dont i?
Old 09-28-2004, 04:04 PM

here we go, bob cosby once again telling me that i didnt have what i know i had... or that im not capable of doing something i did plenty of times.... keep in mind, the idiot claiming something is in capable of being done, is only interrupted by the one who did it! you can state your claims all you want about me not having a chance in hell with an auto LT1.... but ive got witnesses to say that he only beat me be half a car length.... and no i dont care why... i dont care if you think his car had vaccuum leaks, or a blown head gasket, or a fuccin dead cylinder... or just a bad driver... i dont CARE what you say dude... i know what i did, and despite your ill educated claims of knowing what ive done in my lifetime, im proud of what ive accomplished... im not looking for a pat on the back from you man, im trying to shut you up by letting you know that i HAVE DONE everything you say i could NOT do..... how the fucc are you gonna tell me what is possible for me to have done? if i tell you i know its possible for a v6 camaro to hang with a v8 of the same year and both cars are stock... you would probably laugh and give me the same routine you just did... but i would accept it because i have not had the chance to prove it to myself to be a fallacy or otherwise.. but when you try to tell me that i have not done something i have witnesses watching me do.... that only pisses me off more.... i told you before im not going to respond to your bullsh|t anymore... and i fucced up....should have been true to that, but for some reason i thought you would grow a brain and realize that you cant tell a person that has been there and done that, that its not possible.... but.. i guess not... so you keep talkin to yourself and your little buddies about why im full of crap and i couldnt possibly have done what i did... and i will continue to hold the respect of my peers for having done what the great bob cosby claims is impossible to do.... i guess i have you to thank for that.... dont i?

So you would brag about beating a viper if it had a blown head gasket, busted tranny, and if it was running not on tires, but on rims?

"guys, i know my car is fast, i just beat a viper, and because i beat a viper, i think i might be able to hang with an enzo"

no one gives a **** if you can beat a busted up "insert supercar here".

here is my .02 to the conversation. you are a moron. the only reason this thread lives on is because we are getting a kick out of you making a fool of yourself. i could read stupid **** like this all day. its hilarious.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:41 PM

Wow zeedub, just imagine if you would have claimed to beat the cobra. I believe a brawl would break out, or somebody may have been killed.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by vin1382
So you would brag about beating a viper if it had a blown head gasket, busted tranny, and if it was running not on tires, but on rims?
Maybe that explains how how our very own driver extraordinaire was able to pull off the feat of:
I had a 92 305 Camaro RS with a 5 speed..... and with nothing but intake, no cat, and flowmasters, i was able to hang with an LT1... automatic of course, but you get the picture...
ROTFL!!! Yes, now I *do* get the picture. The LT1 had 2 flat tires
Old 09-28-2004, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by vin1382

"guys, i know my car is fast, i just beat a viper, and because i beat a viper, i think i might be able to hang with an enzo"

no one gives a **** if you can beat a busted up "insert supercar here".

here is my .02 to the conversation. you are a moron. the only reason this thread lives on is because we are getting a kick out of you making a fool of yourself. i could read stupid **** like this all day. its hilarious.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:13 PM

Maybe the TBI 305 COULD hang with an LT1....

if the LT1 wasn't trying...

just like the Cobra in the original post...

notice a trend here?
Old 09-28-2004, 06:19 PM

ZeeDub, you have no idea what you are talking about. I know an 02 Z that hit 12.9 stock. LT1s stock run 14s for the most part, high 13s are there with proper driving ability! Your car has almost no mods other then an "intake" is it even a CAI? And it has a shift kit. You cannot beat an LS1 that is running correctly that is trying to race you. And that Cobra was probly dicking around laughing at you trying.

Bob Crosby - Keep schooling ZeeDub, it is hilarious.

Quick Reply: 95 Z28 Vs. 04 Cobra.... oh wow...